|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important piece of information that Felix and Chrestus tell Gordianus?
(a) Why Chrysogonus wanted the land.
(b) What happened to Elena and her baby.
(c) Where Roscius was the night his father was killed.
(d) Who really killed Rosicus (pater).
2. What did Gordianus figure out from the two attacks on his house?
(a) That Roscius is not who everyone thinks he is.
(b) That someone in Cicero's circle is leaking information.
(c) That he can no longer stay in Rome.
(d) That Cicero is trying to kill him.
3. In Chapter 23, what does Gordianus learn about Roscia?
(a) That she is in love with him.
(b) That she knows her father killed her grandfather.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That her father has been sexually molesting her.
4. Gordianus suspects that the guard has _______________.
(a) Already killed Bethesda.
(b) Seen him in the shadows.
(c) Not seen him yet.
(d) Been hired by Sulla.
5. After spending the night at Titus's, Gordianus does what before returning to Rome?
(a) Returns to the Bleating Lamb for more information.
(b) Tries to overhear Capito and Magnus talking.
(c) Buys another horse.
(d) Speaks to Carus once more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Rufus during a song poking fun at Sulla?
2. According to Titus Megarus, ____________________________.
3. When Rufus and Gordianus are alone in Caecilia's garden, they discuss _________________.
4. How does Gordianus plan to get into Chrysogonus's house to question Felix and Chrestus?
5. What did Gordianus see the guard doing with blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the second visit to Carus, what does Gordianus find out?
2. How does Gordianus convince Rufus to attend the party in honor of Sulla?
3. Chapters 16-26 are in a section called Portents. What does that signify?
4. Carus remarks "And if Sextus Roscius (filius) was a terrible father to his daughters, what business was that of mine?" What does Gordianus make of that?
5. After finding out all he could in Ameria, Gordianus is ready to return to Rome. What does he do first?
6. What is suspicious about what Carus tells Gordianus?
7. What makes Carus a credible informant?
8. What did Titus and the other local landowners do to try to restore the land to Roscius (filius)?
9. Who bought Roscius's property at auction?
10. How do Gordianus and Cicero figure out who is leaking information about their investigation?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)