|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Justice: Chapters 27 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sextus Roscius's (pater) oldest and dearest friend?
(a) Tiro Sulla.
(b) Polia Ruffus.
(c) Circus Flaminius.
(d) Caecilia Metella.
2. In Chapter 12, Gordianus and Tiro go to the House of Swans. Who do they question there?
(a) Crassus, a nobleman.
(b) Electra, a prostitute.
(c) Scaldus, a slave.
(d) Eruscius, a businessman.
3. After spending the night at Titus's, Gordianus does what before returning to Rome?
(a) Tries to overhear Capito and Magnus talking.
(b) Buys another horse.
(c) Speaks to Carus once more.
(d) Returns to the Bleating Lamb for more information.
4. Who is Marcus Tullius Cicero?
(a) The governor of Rome.
(b) A noble member of Roman society.
(c) An advocate in a murder case.
(d) A freed slave.
5. What piece of news does Sulla share with Cicero and Gordianus at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) That he is sending Gordianus into exile.
(b) That he is taking Rufus as his lover.
(c) That he will name an heir.
(d) That he will be retiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tiro's reaction to the revelations in Chapter 32?
2. Caecilia Metella tells Gordianus that on the night he was murdered, Roscius (pater) received______________.
3. Why could Roscius (pater) associate with those higher in status than himself?
4. Who is Eco?
5. Cicero shocks the crowd when he mentions ___________________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)