|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Justice: Chapters 27 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gordianus see the guard doing with blood?
(a) Making a sacrifice to a god.
(b) Mopping it all around the floor.
(c) Drinking it.
(d) Writing a message on his wall.
2. After talking with Carus, Gordianus goes to the home of ______________.
(a) Titus Megarus.
(b) Felix and Chrestus.
(c) Some other Roscii family members.
(d) Nobody. He goes to an inn.
3. When Cicero finds out about the escapade of sneaking into Chrysogonus's house and the danger Gordianus and Tiro encountered, what does he do?
(a) He refuses to see Gordianus.
(b) He asks Gordianus to stay at home the next day.
(c) He locks Gordianus in his room.
(d) He has Gordianus arrested.
4. How does Gordianus react when Titus mentions the name Chrysogonus?
(a) He recognizes it as the "partner" Carus told him bought the slaves Felix and Chrestus.
(b) He does not react at all, because he is not sure he can trust Titus.
(c) He faints and hits his head against the stone wall.
(d) He slaps his hand on his leg and mutters, "I knew it."
5. Gordianus suspects that the guard has _______________.
(a) Seen him in the shadows.
(b) Already killed Bethesda.
(c) Not seen him yet.
(d) Been hired by Sulla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gordianus is told by the tavern owner that Glaucia had __________ with him on a visit to the tavern.
2. What relationship complicates that of Cicero and Tiro?
3. Who is Cicero's client?
4. In the course of Chapter 32, what do we learn about Roscius and his brother Gaius?
5. Another piece of information Rufus learns about the auction of the property is___________.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)