|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Portents: Chapters 16 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Gordianus and Tiro go to the House of Swans. Who do they question there?
(a) Scaldus, a slave.
(b) Eruscius, a businessman.
(c) Electra, a prostitute.
(d) Crassus, a nobleman.
2. What does Carus show Gordianus on the farm?
(a) A new grave.
(b) Where Elena is hidden.
(c) Where Capito and Magnus plot.
(d) Secret documents he cannot read.
3. Gordianus talks to Carus at the door of the farm villa. Who is Carus?
(a) The son of Capito.
(b) A friend of Roscius.
(c) A hired manager of the farm.
(d) A slave, once of Roscius, now of Capito.
4. Who is Marcus Tullius Cicero?
(a) A noble member of Roman society.
(b) The governor of Rome.
(c) An advocate in a murder case.
(d) A freed slave.
5. What does Carus reveal to Gordianus?
(a) That he is now a freedman and works on the farm.
(b) That the slaves Felix and Chrestus were sold to Chrysogonus.
(c) That Capito is a good master.
(d) That Felix and Chrestus now own the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Caecilia Metella and Rufus Messalla have in common?
2. What does the tavern owner tell Gordianus that he finds hard to believe?
3. Who was with Roscius (pater) when he died?
4. What happens between the guard and Gordianus?
5. What question does Cicero ask Gordianus upon first meeting him?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)