|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Portents: Chapters 16 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Gordianus and Tiro finally exit Chrysogonus's house?
(a) Hidden under blankets in a cart.
(b) By leaping off a balcony.
(c) Through a servant's entrance.
(d) On stretchers.
2. When Gordianus begins his investigation in Chapter 9, where does he go?
(a) The street where the House of Swans is located.
(b) Esquiline Hill.
(d) Roscius's favorite ale house.
3. How did Gaius die?
(a) Accidental fall.
(d) Food poisoning.
4. Who is Cicero's client?
(a) Marcus Valerius Messalla.
(d) Sextus Roscius (filius).
5. Who is Chrysogonus?
(a) The new owner of the estate.
(b) Sulla's son, called the Golden Born.
(c) A hired assassin.
(d) A former slave of Sulla's, who is now free, wealthy, and powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man prosecuting Cicero's client?
2. To whom was Roscia giving information about Cicero's case?
3. How does Roscius react to the information about Elena and her baby?
4. Eco communicates that the man who stabbed Roscius has what distinguishing characteristic?
5. After talking with Carus, Gordianus goes to the home of ______________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)