|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Portents: Chapters 16 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Felix and Chrestus?
(a) Cicero's brothers.
(b) Roscius's (pater) most trusted slaves.
(c) Professional killers who were hired to kill Rocius (pater).
(d) Guards assigned to Roscius (filius).
2. When Gordianus finally arrives at Roscius's farm, whom does he see in the field?
(d) Luius's family.
3. In Chapter 23, what does Gordianus learn about Roscia?
(a) That her father has been sexually molesting her.
(b) That she knows her father killed her grandfather.
(c) That she is in love with him.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. In Chapter 25, the two slaves tell how Elena died. What was the manner of her death?
(a) She was weak and ill after the birth of her baby, and died in a cart on the way to Rome.
(b) The Roscii cousins killed her immediately.
(c) She died trying to prevent the Roscii from killing her baby.
(d) She died giving birth to her baby.
5. In Chapter 22, Tiro admits that_________________.
(a) He is in love with Rosica.
(b) He is afraid for his life.
(c) He has been giving Roscia information.
(d) He hired the guard who said he was from Cicero.
Short Answer Questions
1. After questioning Polia, Gordianus and Tiro stop at a tavern. Gordianus_______________.
2. Gordianus discovers, upon returning to his house after a day of investigating, that_______________________.
3. Gordianus talks to Carus at the door of the farm villa. Who is Carus?
4. Who is the man prosecuting Cicero's client?
5. According to Titus Megarus, ____________________________.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)