|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Portents: Chapters 16 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gordianus and Bethesda return to their house, what does he do?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Leaves again to question Roscia in private.
(c) Goes out to hire a guard.
(d) Goes to bed.
2. What curious comment does Carus make about Roscius (pater)?
(a) That he had "too many sons."
(b) That he had "many problems."
(c) That he "could not be trusted."
(d) That he was a "terrible father."
3. What question does Cicero ask Gordianus upon first meeting him?
(a) If Gordianus is married.
(b) If Gordianus was born in Rome.
(c) If Gordianus has enemies.
(d) If Gordianus has ever considered killing his father.
4. In Chapter 25, the two slaves tell how Elena died. What was the manner of her death?
(a) She died trying to prevent the Roscii from killing her baby.
(b) She died giving birth to her baby.
(c) The Roscii cousins killed her immediately.
(d) She was weak and ill after the birth of her baby, and died in a cart on the way to Rome.
5. Why did Polia tell neighbors she saw the murder and then deny it?
(a) She was ashamed.
(b) She was paid off by the murderers.
(c) She killed Roscius.
(d) She was trying to protect Eco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How important was social class in ancient Rome?
2. Who is Valeria?
3. Gordianus is told by the tavern owner that Glaucia had __________ with him on a visit to the tavern.
4. Who is the old blind man at the Bleating Lamb?
5. What did the second message in blood say?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)