|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Portents: Chapters 16 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eco communicates that the man who stabbed Roscius has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) He is a hunchback.
(b) He walks with a limp.
(c) He wears an eye patch.
(d) He is a dwarf.
2. Why could Roscius (pater) associate with those higher in status than himself?
(a) He lied about his class.
(b) He was wealthy.
(c) His wife was from a noble family.
(d) He had sons.
3. What does Gordianus learn from his first meeting with Sextus Roscius (filius)?
(a) The exact location of the murder.
(b) That Roscius (pater) was going to die anyway.
(c) That he has a secret lover.
(d) The name of the person Roscius thinks did it.
4. What does Carus show Gordianus on the farm?
(a) Secret documents he cannot read.
(b) A new grave.
(c) Where Capito and Magnus plot.
(d) Where Elena is hidden.
5. Sextus Roscius (pater) was fond of _____________.
(a) Food, drink, baths, and brothels.
(b) Baths, brothels, money, and wine.
(c) Food, drink, family, and animals.
(d) Food, sailing, prophisying, and brothels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sextus Roscius's (pater) oldest and dearest friend?
2. Sextus Roscius (pater) does what for a living?
3. Sextus Roscious (pater) aligned himself with which family before he died?
4. During their investigation at the House of Swans, Gordianus is told that Elena______________________.
5. What clues are provided in Chapter 3 to indicate Cicero's class?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)