|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, High and Low: Chapters 1 -15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Gordianus lacking a surname?
(a) It indicates that he is a criminal.
(b) It indicates that he is a slave.
(c) It indicates that he is not the firstborn son.
(d) It indicates that his family is not important in society.
2. What do Caecilia Metella and Rufus Messalla have in common?
(a) Their sisters were both married to Sulla.
(b) They both hate Gordianus.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They both know Cicero.
3. Why does Tiro go to the home of Gordianus?
(a) Cicero wants to hire Gordianus to investigate the murder.
(b) Tiro wants to marry a slave in Gordianus's household.
(c) Gordianus owes him money.
(d) Tiro wants to convince Gordianus to free him.
4. Eco communicates that the man who stabbed Roscius has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) He walks with a limp.
(b) He is a hunchback.
(c) He wears an eye patch.
(d) He is a dwarf.
5. Who was with Roscius (pater) when he died?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) No one.
(c) His wife.
(d) His faithful slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gordianus learn at the home of Caecilia Metella?
2. Who is Polia?
3. In Cicero's opinion, why is the other man prosecuting his client?
4. Who is Marcus Tullius Cicero?
5. Sextus Roscious (pater) aligned himself with which family before he died?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)