|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Justice: Chapters 27 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the House of Swans?
(a) A bird preserve.
(b) A noble household.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A brothel.
2. What does Sulla think about the Roscius case?
(a) That Cicero made a huge mistake.
(b) That Roscius is innocent.
(c) That Roscius (pater) was an idiot.
(d) That Roscius is guilty.
3. In Cicero's opinion, why is the other man prosecuting his client?
(a) The emperor requires it.
(b) The man married his daughter.
(c) For money and notoriety.
(d) For vengeance.
4. How important was social class in ancient Rome?
(a) Not that important; not that different from modern America.
(b) Irrelevant; all citizens were considered equals.
(c) Very important; it impacted every aspect of life.
(d) Important in determining what kind of job one had.
5. Sextus Roscius (pater) was fond of _____________.
(a) Food, sailing, prophisying, and brothels.
(b) Food, drink, baths, and brothels.
(c) Food, drink, family, and animals.
(d) Baths, brothels, money, and wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When this man enters the latrine, what happens?
2. Before Sulla leaves, Gordianus makes sure ____________________.
3. When Gordianus questions Polia, she__________________.
4. What happened to Elena's baby, according to Felix and Chrestus?
5. What kind of a place is the Bleating Lamb, where Gordianus stops on his way to Ameria?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)