|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Portents: Chapters 16 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important piece of information that Felix and Chrestus tell Gordianus?
(a) Where Roscius was the night his father was killed.
(b) What happened to Elena and her baby.
(c) Who really killed Rosicus (pater).
(d) Why Chrysogonus wanted the land.
2. Caecilia Metella tells Gordianus that on the night he was murdered, Roscius (pater) received______________.
(a) A lot of money.
(b) An urgent message.
(c) A huge award.
(d) A death threat.
3. In Cicero's opinion, why is the other man prosecuting his client?
(a) For vengeance.
(b) The emperor requires it.
(c) For money and notoriety.
(d) The man married his daughter.
4. How does Cicero respond to Roscia's story when Gordianus tells it to him?
(a) He plans to help Roscia when the trial is over.
(b) He says it's all her own fault.
(c) He is appalled and wonders if he should drop the case.
(d) He couldn't care less.
5. What relationship complicates that of Cicero and Tiro?
(a) Tiro is somebody else's slave, but has run away to stay with Cicero.
(b) Tiro is Cicero's illegitimate son.
(c) Tiro was born into the same class as Cicero, but his family was disgraced and that is why he is a slave.
(d) Tiro's grandfather is a freed slave of Cicero's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marcus Tullius Cicero?
2. In Chapter 25, the two slaves tell how Elena died. What was the manner of her death?
3. What does Gordianus learn from his first meeting with Sextus Roscius (filius)?
4. What happened to Elena's baby, according to Felix and Chrestus?
5. Why does Roscius not want to go to trial?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)