Part 1, High and Low: Chapters 1 -15
• Tiro arrives at the home of Gordianus to secure his help in investigating a murder case.
• Tiro meets Bethesda.
• Gordianus impresses Tiro with his deductive powers.
• Gordianus sizes up Tiro.
• Chapter 2
• Gordianus and Tiro must walk to Cicero's, a good hour-long walk.
• They must walk through some very tough neighborhoods.
• During this walk, Tiro displays his naivete about the world.
• They witness a gladiator being stabbed and a dead woman being carried through a crowd.
• Tiro and Gordianus touch upon the political reality of living under a corrupt dictator.
• Chapter 3
• Gordianus and Tiro arrive at Cicero's house.
• Gordianus uses his observational skills to determine the kind of man Cicero is.
• Gordianus notes Cicero's modest house and furnishings, contrasted to the opulent neighborhood in which he lives.
• Chapter 4: Gordianus meets Cicero for the first time. Cicero thinks he is enticing Gordianus into...
This section contains 1,721 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)