|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, on what day of the week do Mr. Logan, Stacey, and Mr. Morrison go to shop in Vicksburg?
2. What does Big Ma do after Mr. Logan and Mr. Morrison go to get T.J. and Stacey?
(a) Fixes a snack.
(d) Gets her medicines ready.
3. Even with the threat of the chain gang, how many families are still willing to shop in Vicksburg?
4. How old is Lillian Jean?
5. What book does Stacey get for Christmas?
(a) Tom Sawyer.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) Little Men.
(d) Oliver Twist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are in the Avery family?
2. What do the Logans have for supper in Chapter 9?
3. How many vehicles pull into the Avery yard after the Logan children get T.J. home?
4. Where did the Simms brothers go after robbing the Barnetts’ store?
5. What subject is Mrs. Logan teaching when members of the school board come to observe her classroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what happens when Mr. Logan, Mr. Morrison, and Stacey go to Vicksburg to shop?
2. Why do Mr. Avery and Mr. Lanier decide not to shop in Vicksburg?
3. What does Jeremy say about the fire?
4. What does Jeremy Simms bring over on Christmas day?
5. What does Mr. Logan do when he hears about T.J. and that Stacey is still up in the woods?
6. What is Mrs. Logan teaching when members of the school board come to observe her classroom?
7. How does Jeremy say that R.W. and Melvin treat T.J.?
8. What happens in Chapter 10 when Kaleb Wallace blocks the road so Mr. Morrison can’t get through with the wagon?
9. How does Cassie threaten Lillian Jean when the girl threatens to tell her father that Cassie beat her up?
10. In Chapter 9, why does Mr. Jamison come to talk to Mr. Logan?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)