|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Stacey get for Christmas?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(d) Little Men.
2. How old is T.J.?
3. How many new calves are born in March?
4. Where will the Logans have to get their cotton ginned this year?
5. How long does the revival last?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much are day laborers paid for working in the Granger fields?
2. When does Uncle Hammer leave and go back home?
3. After Uncle Hammer goes home, where do Cassie and her papa talk about forgiveness?
4. Who kicks T.J. in the stomach when he doesn’t answer the question of where his accomplices are and where the money is?
5. What does Mrs. Jamison make send with her husband to the Logans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who fights the fire together?
2. What is Mrs. Logan teaching when members of the school board come to observe her classroom?
3. In Chapter 9, what happens when Mr. Logan, Mr. Morrison, and Stacey go to Vicksburg to shop?
4. What does Mr. Morrison do every night?
5. What can Cassie smell cooking Christmas morning?
6. Why do Mr. Avery and Mr. Lanier decide not to shop in Vicksburg?
7. Why does Cassie daydream during class?
8. How will the Logans pay for their bills now that Mr. Logan can’t work for the railroad?
9. How do Mama and Big Ma prepare to fight the fire?
10. How does Jeremy say that R.W. and Melvin treat T.J.?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)