|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jeremy and his father fight the fire together?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) An hour.
2. What is Cassie’s middle name?
3. How old is Mr. Jamison?
(b) In his 40s.
4. What does Jeremy make Stacey for Christmas?
5. How far does Jeremy have to walk when he meets the Logan children in the forest?
(a) ¾ mile.
(b) 1 ½ miles.
(c) 1 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are in the Avery family?
2. Where is the sheriff while T.J. is being interrogated?
3. What subject is Mrs. Logan teaching when members of the school board come to observe her classroom?
4. Even with the threat of the chain gang, how many families are still willing to shop in Vicksburg?
5. How far is it from the Logan place to the Wiggins place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cassie threaten Lillian Jean when the girl threatens to tell her father that Cassie beat her up?
2. Who fights the fire together?
3. What happened to T.J.?
4. How does Cassie realize how the fire started?
5. What do the children like to do in August when it is so hot?
6. What do the Logan children see after they get T.J. home?
7. Why does Cassie think that Stacey feels responsible for T.J.?
8. What does Stacey do with his new coat from Uncle Hammer?
9. Why does Cassie daydream during class?
10. Why does T.J. fail his final examinations?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)