|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the Logan children start school?
2. What color is Mr. Granger’s car?
3. How many school buses are there for the white school?
4. In Chapter 3, how many inches of dust were on the ground before the rain fell?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 2 inches.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) 7 inches.
5. How many brothers does Cassie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what month is it?
2. To what market are the Logans going at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. How old was the Logan children’s grandfather when his mother died?
4. What is the name of the white girl that Cassie bumps into in Chapter 5?
5. How far is the Wallace store from Jefferson Davis?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to T.J., why did the night riders come around in Chapter 3?
2. What does Mrs. Logan do when Miss Crocker tells her how Little Man and Cassie rejected their books?
3. What knowledge does Papa Luke have that makes his owners go easy on him?
4. Why doesn’t Mrs. Logan want her children at the Wallace store?
5. What does Uncle Hammer look like?
6. Why is Cassie disappointed when she sees the new readers at school?
7. What does Uncle Hammer do when he hears how Mr. Simms treated Cassie?
8. According to Mrs. Logan, why did Mr. Simms push Cassie?
9. Why was Mr. Morrison fired from the railroad?
10. Why don’t the Logan children like wearing the rain gear their mother provides?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)