|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the school day ends, how big is the spot where the Logan children dug in the road?
(a) 6 yards.
(b) 3 yards.
(c) 12 feet.
(d) 6 feet.
2. How much longer do the white students stay in school than the black students?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
3. What is the name of the Logan’s mule?
4. How much older is Uncle Hammer than Mr. Logan?
5. When did Cassie’s Grandpa make a second land purchase?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Big Ma’s husband’s name?
2. How many times did Big Ma’s father try to fun away from his master?
3. After the bus gets stuck, how long does the driver think the children will have to walk to school?
4. Into what does Big Ma put the cotton that she picks?
5. Where does Cassie’s Papa work for the railroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does T.J. go with Big Ma to Strawberry in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Cassie get in trouble at the Barnett Mercantile?
3. hy does Mr. Avery come to the Logan home at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Uncle Hammer look like?
5. Why was Mr. Morrison fired from the railroad?
6. Why is Cassie disappointed when she gets to Strawberry?
7. Why don’t the Logan children like wearing the rain gear their mother provides?
8. What happens to the school bus in Chapter 3?
9. What happened to John Henry Berry and his family?
10. Why does Big Ma wish they had more low cotton?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)