|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what month do the Logans have money to pay the mortgage?
2. What is the most important thing that the Logans need to buy before the first cotton comes in?
3. What book does Stacey get for Christmas?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Little Men.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
4. How long are the Logans supposed to have to finish paying their mortgage?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Where does Jeremy sleep at night?
(a) In an old shed.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a spring house.
6. How old was Mr. Morrison when his parents were killed?
7. What percent of the money that Mr. Avery and Mr. Lanier make on cotton is supposed to go to Mr. Granger in Chapter 9?
(a) 70 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 60 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
8. How much are day laborers paid for working in the Granger fields?
(c) 75 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
9. What does Jeremy make Stacey for Christmas?
10. How many men were in a truck that shot at Mr. Logan on his way back from Vicksburg?
11. How many acres of land do the Wiggins family own?
12. How many new calves are born in March?
13. How much snow is on the ground on Christmas day?
(a) ¼ inch.
(b) 2 inches.
(c) 1 inch.
(d) ½ inch.
14. After the robbery, how far does T.J. have to walk before he gets a ride?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) ½ mile.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) ¾ mile.
15. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Wiggins decide he is going to grow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage has Mr. Granger increased what he wants from Mr. Avery and Mr. Lanier for the cotton crop in Chapter 9?
2. Who goes to the Avery’s door and yells?
3. What place did Cassie achieve after the examinations?
4. What is Cassie’s middle name?
5. How long does Stacey think it will take him to get T.J. back home after robbery?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)