|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Logan children help get T.J. back home?
(a) Cassie and Stacey.
(b) Cassie, Stacey and Christopher-John.
(d) All of them.
2. How does Jeremy think that the fire started?
(a) Men had torches and T.J. and R.W. were going through the woods and sparked the fire.
(b) Someone was smoking in the woods.
(c) Lightning hit a fence post.
(d) Lightning hit a tree.
3. What old tree is untouched by the fire?
4. How many members of the school board come to observe Mrs. Logan’s teaching?
5. How long are the Logans supposed to have to finish paying their mortgage?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 3 years.
6. How long does Stacey think it will take him to get T.J. back home after robbery?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45-60 minutes.
(c) 25-30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
7. While T.J. is being interrogated, how many more cars arrive at the Avery place?
8. What types of bushes are nearly in bloom in the Logan yard in March?
(a) Carolina allspice and Witch hazel.
(b) Wisteria and dogwood.
9. Where did T.J. get hurt in Chapter 11?
(a) Stomach and chest.
10. Where do Big Ma and Mrs. Logan cut through to get to the fire?
(a) West pasture.
(b) East pasture.
(c) South pasture.
(d) North pasture.
11. How old is Lillian Jean?
12. Where does Jeremy sleep at night?
(a) In an old shed.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In a spring house.
13. What percentage has Mr. Granger increased what he wants from Mr. Avery and Mr. Lanier for the cotton crop in Chapter 9?
(a) 2 percent.
(b) 15 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 5 percent.
14. What book does Stacey get for Christmas?
(a) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Little Men.
(d) Oliver Twist.
15. What type of hat does Mr. Lanier wear while putting out the fire?
(a) Stocking cap.
(b) Basebal cap.
(c) Straw hat.
(d) Blue floppy hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the Logan children that T.J. was responsible for getting their mother fired?
2. How old is Mr. Jamison?
3. What was cooked Christmas Day that Mr. Morrison, Uncle Hammer, and Stacey had secured in a night’s hunt?
4. Besides Mr. Granger, what other land owners are increasing the amount of money they want from the cotton crop from their sharecroppers?
5. What is Mr. Jamison’s first name?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)