|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did T.J. get hurt in Chapter 11?
(c) Stomach and chest.
2. In Chapter 9, on what day of the week do Mr. Logan, Stacey, and Mr. Morrison go to shop in Vicksburg?
3. How much snow is on the ground on Christmas day?
(a) 2 inches.
(b) ¼ inch.
(c) ½ inch.
(d) 1 inch.
4. Why do folks say that Dewberry Wallace is still laid up?
(a) Broken back.
(b) Knee fracture.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Skull fracture.
5. When were Mr. Morrison’s parents killed?
6. Where do T.J. and Stacey land after Stacey confronts T.J. about his mother being fired?
(a) Rose bush.
(c) Azalea bush.
(d) Mud puddle.
7. After the robbery, how far does T.J. have to walk before he gets a ride?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) ½ mile.
(d) ¾ mile.
8. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Wiggins decide he is going to grow?
9. What does Jeremy make Stacey for Christmas?
10. In Chapter 11 when Cassie can’t sleep, what does she count?
11. In Chapter 9, how much less baking soda does Mama use for the cornbread than she usually does?
(a) ½ teaspoon.
(b) 2 teaspoons.
(c) 1 teaspoon.
(d) ¼ teaspoon.
12. Where did the Simms brothers go after robbing the Barnetts’ store?
(d) Pool hall.
13. How long is Cassie Lillian Jean’s slave?
(a) A month.
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
14. When does Cassie try to befriend Lillian Jean?
15. How old was Mr. Morrison when his parents were killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hat does Mr. Lanier wear while putting out the fire?
2. Through what month do the Logans have money to pay the mortgage?
3. In Chapter 10 after listening to her papa and mama talk about money, where does Cassie see Mr. Morrison coming from?
4. What was cooked Christmas Day that Mr. Morrison, Uncle Hammer, and Stacey had secured in a night’s hunt?
5. Who fights the fire alongside Jeremy and his father?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)