|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what month is it?
2. What are the names of the Wallace men who run the store?
(a) Bill and Tom.
(b) Kaleb and Dewberry.
(c) Whitey and Bryant.
(d) Andrew and Wyatt.
3. In Chapter 3, who is most bothered when the Logan children are splashed by the Jefferson Davis bus on rainy days?
(d) Little Man.
4. Where did Stacey go last summer to get his papa?
(b) New Orleans.
5. What are the Logan children supposed to wear to keep the rain off from them?
(a) Calf skins.
(b) Rain coats.
(c) Plastic bags.
6. What is the name of the Logan’s dog?
7. What type of shoes is Little Man wearing in Chapter 1?
(b) Brown loafers.
(c) Brown oxfords.
(d) Shiny black dress shoes.
8. What was the name of Big Ma’s mother?
9. How much older was Big Ma’s husband than she was?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 7 years.
10. Who does Big Ma go to see after the market?
(a) Mr. Jamison.
(b) Mr. Granger.
(c) Mr. Barnett.
(d) Mr. Simms.
11. What are the walls of the Logan house made of?
(d) Lathe and plaster.
12. What is the name of the Logan’s mare?
13. In Chapter 5, how many times does Cassie say she has been to market day?
14. Where did the Logan children’s grandfather learn carpentry?
(a) Macon, Georgia.
(b) Jackson, Mississippi.
(c) Chattanooga, Tennessee.
(d) Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
15. In Chapter 3, how many inches of dust were on the ground before the rain fell?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 7 inches.
(c) 2 inches.
(d) 6 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the school day ends, how big is the spot where the Logan children dug in the road?
2. After their day at the market, what do Stacey and Cassie find in the barn?
3. What is the name of the woman that the mercantile owner waits on and makes T.J. wait?
4. Where does Cassie’s Papa work for the railroad?
5. To what market are the Logans going at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)