|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stacey go last summer to get his papa?
(c) New Orleans.
2. What is Big Ma’s first name?
3. What is Uncle Hammer wearing at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Jeans and a flannel shirt.
(b) Overalls and long-sleeved shirt.
(c) Black suit and vest.
(d) Gray pin-striped suit and vest.
4. How many of Mr. Logan’s brothers are dead?
5. In Chapter 3, who is most bothered when the Logan children are splashed by the Jefferson Davis bus on rainy days?
(b) Little Man.
6. How many bedrooms are in the Logan house?
7. Who is Big Ma?
(a) Mr. Logan’s mother.
(b) Mrs. Logan’s mother.
(c) Cassie’s great-aunt.
(d) Cassie’s great-grandmother.
8. What is Mr. Logan’s first name?
9. How many acres of land do the Logans own?
10. How old is Little Man?
11. What does Uncle Hammer give Stacey as an early Christmas present?
(a) A suit.
(b) A coat.
(c) A book.
(d) A razor.
12. Who is the only white man that calls Big Ma “Missus”?
(a) Mr. Wallace.
(b) Mr. Dewey.
(c) Mr. Jamison.
(d) Mr. Granger.
13. What does Cassie smell cooking for breakfast the day after Uncle Hammer arrives?
(a) Grits and eggs.
(b) Ham and biscuits.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Gravy and biscuits.
14. What is the name of the Logan’s dog?
15. Which of the children doesn’t climb to pick the cotton?
(a) Little Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cassie making at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. In the novel, how many years have passed since the Civil War?
3. How many miles does Big Ma have to drive to get to the market?
4. In Chapter 3, after the children get covered in mud because of the Jefferson Davis bus, where does Stacey want to meet?
5. What was Big Ma’s husband’s name?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)