|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Chinese-American soldier killed by his swim partner in live ammunition exercises?
2. Richard promised to protect his men from ____________________________.
3. What angered Richard after his departure from SEAL Six?
4. When did Richard's command over SEAL Team Six run out?
5. In what city did Richard's SEAL Six practice on subways?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the maneuvers that SEAL Team Six learned in training exercises?
2. What was the plan to rescue the U.S. Embassy staff members taken hostage in Iran in November 1979?
3. How did Richard manage to alienate Ted Lyon, a superior officer regarding the use of a field?
4. Describe the training mission for Richard's unit in the North Sea in November 1982.
5. What was the name of the unit that Richard created in response to growing world terrorism?
6. Who was Brigadier General Wegener and how did Richard get along with him?
7. What did Richard risk losing by leaving Virginia Beach and heading to Cambodia?
8. How did Richard begin to have more influence in his career in 1974?
9. What did Richard learn about his own vulnerability regarding the disastrous attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran?
10. What was the name of the anti-terrorism unit Richard was placed in charge of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Richard Marcinko. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Richard was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Richard's life through this book, what were his biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did he manage through them? How did his coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of his life? Explain.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)