|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. SEAL Team Six began their training with ___________________.
2. Richard received low reports in the area of ____________________.
3. JTF is an acronym for ____________________.
4. What was the name of the bar which became the base of operations for Richard's new unit?
5. The bad grooming of the SEAL Six Team is acknowledged as ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the plan to rescue the U.S. Embassy staff members taken hostage in Iran in November 1979?
2. What tragedy could have been prevented had officials acted on Richard's advice in the situation in Lebanon regarding the U.S. Embassy?
3. What were the implications for Richard's refusal to abide by bureaucratic rules?
4. What changes did Richard make when he assumed command of his SEAL unit in 1974?
5. How did two men die during SEAL Team Six training?
6. What did Richard's unit do instead of being sent on anti-terrorist missions?
7. What did Richard do to show that he supported his men during training exercises?
8. Describe the change of command when Richard's command over SEAL Team Six expires in July 1983.
9. What did Richard learn about his own vulnerability regarding the disastrous attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran?
10. What advice was Richard given when it became clear that he could not attend War College?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
ROGUE WARRIOR is a classic autobiography. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
Marcinko uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
The story in ROGUE WARRIOR is essentially told via a flashback. What is a flashback? Why would an author choose to utilize a flashback in his work? Are there benefits to utilizing flashbacks when creating a literary work? Explain.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)