|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname for Richard's mentor?
2. Where did Richard have the best luck in communicating with the man in #105?
3. Richard was in command of _____________ men in Chapter 15.
4. Richard's favorite international partner was ____________________.
5. To what rank was Richard promoted in February 1985?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Richard spent his free time while in Cambodia.
2. What were some of the training maneuvers of SEAL Team Six?
3. What was the plan to rescue the U.S. Embassy staff members taken hostage in Iran in November 1979?
4. What tragedy could have been prevented had officials acted on Richard's advice in the situation in Lebanon regarding the U.S. Embassy?
5. What was Richard's first mission upon arriving in Cambodia in 1973?
6. How did Richard manage to sidestep Dick Coogan's XO, Scott Sullivan?
7. What was the name of the unit that Richard created in response to growing world terrorism?
8. What did Richard learn about his own vulnerability regarding the disastrous attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran?
9. What was the name of the anti-terrorism unit Richard was placed in charge of?
10. Describe the change of command when Richard's command over SEAL Team Six expires in July 1983.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity is an important theme in this book. Who were some of the people who had the strongest personalities? What were their personal codes? How did Richard measure up to these people? What was Richard's personal code? Or did he not have one? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Richard was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Richard's life through this book, what were his biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did he manage through them? How did his coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Richard used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)