|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Richard get a job after his command of SEAL Six ended?
2. Richard promised to protect his men from ____________________________.
3. What did Richard do to show his men that he would not ask them to do anything he would not do himself?
4. Why did Richard have a problem with the man in #107?
5. What did Richard hope to attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice was Richard given when it became clear that he could not attend War College?
2. What skills did Richard learn after the family moved back to Virginia Beach and he went to school in Washington DC?
3. What did Richard learn about his own vulnerability regarding the disastrous attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran?
4. How did Richard manage to alienate Ted Lyon, a superior officer regarding the use of a field?
5. What was the plan to rescue the U.S. Embassy staff members taken hostage in Iran in November 1979?
6. What was the name of the unit that Richard created in response to growing world terrorism?
7. Describe the training mission for Richard's unit in the North Sea in November 1982.
8. What did Richard risk losing by leaving Virginia Beach and heading to Cambodia?
9. How did Richard begin to have more influence in his career in 1974?
10. What tragedy could have been prevented had officials acted on Richard's advice in the situation in Lebanon regarding the U.S. Embassy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of men in the mid 20th century when Richard and his colleagues were coming of age. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century men do not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it ROGUE WARRIOR? What was he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 3
Substance abuse seemed to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive was the abuse? Why did it have such a prevalent place in Richard's life? How did it affect him? How does it affect those impacted by Richard's abuse? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)