|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard was angry about the clandestine treacherous coordination between ARVN friendly troops and ______________.
2. Richard received career advice from Chief Petty Officer ________________.
3. Richard's new unit is which platoon?
4. Who did Richard's unit rescue during the Tet Offensive?
5. Vieques Island is near ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenges did Richard face when returning to Virginia Beach and a new staff position?
2. What were some of the pranks Richard pulled during his basic training days?
3. How was Richard's platoon able to capture live Vietcong prisoners?
4. Describe Richard's mission on Ilo-Ilo Island.
5. Describe Richard's parachute training at Ft. Benning, Georgia.
6. Describe the intensity of Richard's mission.
7. What was the mission for Richard and his men at Juliet Crossing?
8. What did Richard learn from the VC when his squad was transferred for longer patrols and ambushes?
9. Describe Richard's initial experience in Vietnam as he trained his men.
10. What is Richard Marcinko doing as the book begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Richard Marcinko. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
ROGUE WARRIOR is a classic autobiography. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Ambition takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of Richard's ambitions? Was he consumed with winning and getting ahead? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)