|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank did the man in #42 hold?
2. In what state was Richard Marcinko born?
3. Richard and his men took off in a plane in ________________________.
4. Richard graduated as a/an __________________ after officers' candidate school.
5. Why was there tension among the men as they waited to be picked up after the mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard's UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) training.
2. What happened to Risher during the VC Tet offensive and why was Richard angry at him?
3. Describe the mission of Richard's unit after he becomes angry about the clandestine coordination between ARVN-friendly troops and enemy VC.
4. How did Richard realize that he wanted a Navy career and how does he get started in spite of elements working against him?
5. Why did Richard and his family move to California in 1971?
6. What were some of the pranks Richard pulled during his basic training days?
7. Why was Richard pleased with being sent to a location along the Bassac River?
8. What was Richard's plan after graduating from officer candidate school in 1965?
9. How did Richard earn the nickname Demo Dick?
10. What challenges did Richard face when returning to Virginia Beach and a new staff position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marcinko is a master at dramatic devices as he tells his story. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Marcinko uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
ROGUE WARRIOR is a classic autobiography. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)