|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard and his men saw an enemy base in a _____________________.
2. UDT is an acronym for ____________________.
3. Richard and his squad received intelligence about ______________________ 40 miles down the river.
4. What did Richard see in the warehouse on the mission?
5. VC is an acronym for ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard's UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) training.
2. What was Richard's childhood like?
3. Why was Richard pleased with being sent to a location along the Bassac River?
4. What is Richard Marcinko doing as the book begins?
5. How was Richard's platoon able to capture live Vietcong prisoners?
6. Describe Richard's initial experience in Vietnam as he trained his men.
7. What is the training mission Richard and his men are undertaking?
8. What is Richard's strategy for the training mission to rescue hostages?
9. What was Richard's philosophy on sudden attacks?
10. What were some of the pranks Richard pulled during his basic training days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Readers may find Richard's use of humor a bit surprising due to Richard's imposing physical demeanor. Describe Richard's sense of humor and then cite at least two examples of humor used in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it ROGUE WARRIOR? What was he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 3
The story in ROGUE WARRIOR is essentially told via a flashback. What is a flashback? Why would an author choose to utilize a flashback in his work? Are there benefits to utilizing flashbacks when creating a literary work? Explain.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)