|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard smuggle onto the plane on his trip to Beirut?
(c) Small pistol.
(d) Hand grenade.
2. What language had Richard learned?
3. What did Richard note about the U.S. Embassy in Beirut when he first approached it?
(a) It was a magnificent structure.
(b) Anyone could ram a truck up to it and blow it up.
(c) It was in a bad area of the city.
(d) It was a very small building.
4. Training exercises in Egypt are disastrous because _______________________.
(a) The Nile River flooded the entire time.
(b) Egyptian officers could enslave privates.
(c) The men got sick from sunstroke.
(d) The desert is inhospitable.
5. Richard felt that he knew how to talk to ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Richard brief in May 1974?
2. What was the nickname for Richard's mentor?
3. The anti-terrorism unit was composed of ____________ men.
4. In November 1982, Richard and his men had a training exercise in which cold body of water?
5. Richard borrowed a cruise ship from what cruise line for some training exercises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the implications for Richard's refusal to abide by bureaucratic rules?
2. What were some of the maneuvers that SEAL Team Six learned in training exercises?
3. Describe how Richard spent his free time while in Cambodia.
4. How did Richard begin to have more influence in his career in 1974?
5. What was the plan to rescue the U.S. Embassy staff members taken hostage in Iran in November 1979?
6. What did Richard risk losing by leaving Virginia Beach and heading to Cambodia?
7. Describe SEAL Team Six's involvement in the U.S. invasion of Grenada in 1983.
8. Who were some of the men in SEAL Team Six?
9. What were some of the training maneuvers of SEAL Team Six?
10. How did Richard manage to alienate Ted Lyon, a superior officer regarding the use of a field?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)