|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Richard brief in May 1974?
(a) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(b) The Vice Admiral.
(c) The President.
(d) The Secretary of Defense.
2. Who was the Executive Officer to Dick Coogan?
(a) Paul Hobbes.
(b) Scott Sullivan.
(c) Mark Johnson.
(d) Don Meyers.
3. What was the U.S. ship which was seized by Palestinian terrorists?
(a) USS Eagle.
(b) Achille Lauro.
(c) USS Kennedy.
(d) USS Roosevelt.
4. JTF is an acronym for ____________________.
(a) Joint Task Force.
(b) Just the Facts.
(c) Junior Training Force.
(d) Jungle Terrain Force.
5. What did Richard do to show his men that he would not ask them to do anything he would not do himself?
(a) Swam naked in freezing water.
(b) Endured torture training.
(c) Parachuted from a commercial airplane.
(d) Shaved his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about the anti-terrorism unit?
2. Richard promised to protect his men from ____________________________.
3. When did Richard arrive in Cambodia in Chapter 14?
4. In what city did Richard's SEAL Six practice on subways?
5. Who was the Chinese-American soldier killed by his swim partner in live ammunition exercises?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Richard spent his free time while in Cambodia.
2. Why did the hostage rescue effort end disastrously?
3. Who was Tom Williams and what role did he have in Richard's unit?
4. What was the plan to rescue the U.S. Embassy staff members taken hostage in Iran in November 1979?
5. Describe the training mission for Richard's unit in the North Sea in November 1982.
6. What tragedy could have been prevented had officials acted on Richard's advice in the situation in Lebanon regarding the U.S. Embassy?
7. What did Richard do to show that he supported his men during training exercises?
8. What were some of the training maneuvers of SEAL Team Six?
9. What was the name of the anti-terrorism unit Richard was placed in charge of?
10. How did Richard manage to sidestep Dick Coogan's XO, Scott Sullivan?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)