|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following foot gear did Richard's men NOT utilize in Chapter 11?
(b) Bare feet.
2. Richard was part of what squad in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Richard's commanding officer in Chapter 7?
(a) P.J. Brumbaugh.
(b) J.J. Milne.
(c) D.L. Stewart.
(d) B.B. Witham.
4. Which of the following was NOT true of Richard's life in high school?
(a) He is on the debate team.
(b) He does odd jobs.
(c) He tries to avoid school.
(d) He works in a luncheonette.
5. When did Richard graduate officers' candidate school?
(a) November 1942.
(b) April 1980.
(c) December 1965.
(d) June 1972.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man in #26 ruined the men's party time at Vieques Island by ________________________.
2. Adam Henry commandeered a ______________ boat.
3. Vieques Island is near ___________________.
4. After graduation Richard was prepared to go to ________________ to fight.
5. Richard graduated as a/an __________________ after officers' candidate school.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Richard's strategy for the training mission to rescue hostages?
2. What was Chau Doc and which military and CIA personnel did Richard's men encounter there?
3. What was Richard's childhood like?
4. Describe Richard's parachute training at Ft. Benning, Georgia.
5. How was Richard's platoon able to capture live Vietcong prisoners?
6. What were some of the pranks Richard pulled during his basic training days?
7. Why was Richard angry when he returned to the U.S. in spite of his promotion?
8. How did Richard realize that he wanted a Navy career and how does he get started in spite of elements working against him?
9. Why did Richard and his family move to California in 1971?
10. Describe the intensity of Richard's mission.
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)