|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Richard Marcinko born?
2. Richard learned to travel light and to wear _________________.
(a) rubber boots.
(b) a gun.
(c) a helmet.
(d) a padded vest.
3. How did Richard realize the jump was a training exercise?
(a) It is done in daylight.
(b) It is near Virginia.
(c) It is done with partners.
(d) He has harmless ammunition.
4. In what year did Richard enlist in the military?
5. Where does Richard get his parachute training?
(a) Ft. Benning.
(b) San Diego Naval Base.
(c) Camp Lejeune.
(d) Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard was part of what squad in Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of Richard's new unit in Chapter 11?
3. Who is the officer who befriends Richard in UDT training?
4. Why did Richard's platoon have to advance so slowly?
5. The man in #26 ruined the men's party time at Vieques Island by ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Richard learn from the VC when his squad was transferred for longer patrols and ambushes?
2. What happened to Risher during the VC Tet offensive and why was Richard angry at him?
3. What is Richard's strategy for the training mission to rescue hostages?
4. What challenges did Richard face when returning to Virginia Beach and a new staff position?
5. Why did Richard and his family move to California in 1971?
6. How did Richard earn the nickname Demo Dick?
7. What was the mission for Richard and his men at Juliet Crossing?
8. What were some of the pranks Richard pulled during his basic training days?
9. Describe the intensity of Richard's mission.
10. Describe Richard's mission on Ilo-Ilo Island.
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)