|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ARVN is an acronym for ____________________________.
(a) All Regions in Vietnam.
(b) All Recruits in Vietnam.
(c) Allied Reinforcements in Vietnam.
(d) Army of the Republic of Vietnam.
2. Where did Richard and his family move in May of 1971?
(d) Washington D.C.
3. Which of the following foot gear did Richard's men NOT utilize in Chapter 11?
(c) Bare feet.
4. Richard was part of what squad in Chapter 9?
5. Richard graduated as a/an __________________ after officers' candidate school.
(a) Civil Engineer.
6. What was the terrorist group that Richard's unit is supposed to destroy?
(a) The Ambushers.
(b) The Macheteros.
(c) The Cannonades.
(d) Al Qaida.
7. What was Richard Marcinko doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Loading a gun.
(b) Mowing the grass.
(c) Teaching a class.
(d) Jumping out of a plane.
8. Who is the officer who befriends Richard in UDT training?
(a) David Trimble.
(b) Ken MacDonald.
(c) Carl Puthoff.
(d) James Hall.
9. PBR is an acronym for ______________________ unit.
(a) Patrol Boat River.
(b) Platoon Bravo Recruits.
(c) Privacy Beats Recognition.
(d) Privates Beat Recruits.
10. Why did Richard's platoon have to advance so slowly?
(a) They feared minefields.
(b) It was so dark.
(c) They were carrying heavy weapons.
(d) They were unsure of their location.
11. Richard received career advice from Chief Petty Officer ________________.
12. Which of Richard's men fired a huge anti-tank weapon at enemy troops in Chapter 11?
13. Who were Richard's children?
(a) Ritchie and Kathy.
(b) Ritchie and Kara.
(c) Robbie and Kathy.
(d) Robbie and Krystal.
14. Richard and his frogman friend became known as Mr. Geek and ___________________.
(a) Mr. Green.
(b) Mr. Mud.
(c) Mr. Toad.
(d) Mr. Ribbit.
15. Adam Henry commandeered a ______________ boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Richard's unit rescue during the Tet Offensive?
2. Richard was sent to Defense Intelligence School to become ____________________________.
3. What is the name of Richard's new unit in Chapter 11?
4. Where does Richard get his parachute training?
5. Who is the officer who verbally attacked Richard after an air strike?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)