|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard refused to go with Henry and went home with his crew in a ________________ boat.
2. Richard met girls from which local university?
3. Which of Richard's men fired a huge anti-tank weapon at enemy troops in Chapter 11?
4. Which of the following foot gear did Richard's men NOT utilize in Chapter 11?
(d) Bare feet.
5. Which of the following was NOT true of Richard's life in high school?
(a) He works in a luncheonette.
(b) He tries to avoid school.
(c) He does odd jobs.
(d) He is on the debate team.
6. What did Richard eat through his nose at the ship's mess?
7. VC is an acronym for ____________________.
(a) Various Channels.
(c) Veterans Commission.
(d) Valuable Coins.
8. Richard shipped out to ___________________ in Chapter 10.
(b) the USA.
9. Richard and his men saw an enemy base in a _____________________.
(a) grass hut.
(b) house on stilts.
(d) concrete building.
10. Richard characterizes the men in UDT training as aggressive and _____________________.
(b) social misfits.
11. Richard and his unit are located in the ______________________.
(a) Mekong Delta.
(b) Duc Lap.
(c) An Khe.
(d) My Lai.
12. Who was one of Richard's men who did not drink alcohol but got crazy at bars?
13. Richard decided to make his career in ___________________.
(a) the Marines.
(b) the Air Force.
(c) the Navy.
(d) the Army.
14. ARVN is an acronym for ____________________________.
(a) Army of the Republic of Vietnam.
(b) All Recruits in Vietnam.
(c) Allied Reinforcements in Vietnam.
(d) All Regions in Vietnam.
15. What is UNODIR?
(a) Acronym for Unless Otherwise Directed.
(b) Richard's unit's location.
(c) Richard's code name.
(d) A mission status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Richard's squad manage to avoid while leaving the island in Chapter 9?
2. After graduation Richard was prepared to go to ________________ to fight.
3. Why did Richard's platoon have to advance so slowly?
4. Who is the officer who verbally attacked Richard after an air strike?
5. Who is Richard's commanding officer in Chapter 7?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)