|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act of weather happens in Act 3?
2. When Belle comes to town, Stark tells her he's busy with what?
3. Mr. Wax feels a man must be what, in order to survive in New York?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what author does Stark attempt to quote to Cleo?
5. At the beginning of Act 3, Belle thinks Stark is doing what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of women in Rocket to the Moon.
1) Who are the female characters in Rocket to the Moon?
2) How do they dress? Talk? Act?
3) Does their gender affect how other characters respond to them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Cleo achieves a character transformation in Rocket to the Moon.
1) Who is Cleo when the story begins? What is she afraid of? How does she protect her image?
2) When does Cleo begin to change as a person? How does she grow as a person?
3) What helps Cleo develop and grow? How does her growth affect the others in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Cleo is a character that attracts many men in Rocket to the Moon. Citing examples from the text, identify what made Cleo so appealing to the men in Rocket to the Moon.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)