|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Belle been spending the summer?
2. What is the one thing Mr. Prince hasn't gotten out of life?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, Stark offers to take Cleo where on their date?
4. Who asks Cleo on a date at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. "Marriage is the only adventure open to the . . ." what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cleo achieves a character transformation in Rocket to the Moon.
1) Who is Cleo when the story begins? What is she afraid of? How does she protect her image?
2) When does Cleo begin to change as a person? How does she grow as a person?
3) What helps Cleo develop and grow? How does her growth affect the others in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in Rocket to the Moon are frustrated in some way. Choosing Stark, Belle, and Mr. Prince, create a character portrait analyzing the following:
1) What does this character want to achieve?
2) Why hasn't this goal or desire already been obtained?
3) What type of conflict would exist if the character attempted to achieve his or her desire?
Essay Topic 3
The title of a piece is an important part of the work as a whole. Write an essay analyzing the title Rocket to the Moon and how this title is appropriate to the story.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)