|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stark tells Cleo he could offer her what type of life?
2. When Belle comes to town, Stark tells her he's busy with what?
3. In Act 3, Mr. Prince reveals to Cleo that Stark will never do what?
4. What act of weather happens in Act 3?
5. When does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters in Rocket to the Moon enter the story with a problem. Select a character from Rocket to the Moon.
1) What problem does this character have?
2) How do the events in Rocket to the Moon help the character face up to the problem?
3) Is the problem resolved by the end of Rocket to the Moon?
Essay Topic 2
Rocket to the Moon takes place over the period of several months, in the stifling heat of summer.
1) What is significant about the season in which the story is set?
2) How does the weather affect the characters and drive their actions?
3) Identify the symbolism of the weather.
Essay Topic 3
The setting of Rocket to the Moon is an important backdrop for the action that takes place. Analyze the use of setting in Rocket to the Moon.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)