|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Belle comes to town, Stark tells her he's busy with what?
2. How is Mr. Wax described?
3. What does Frenchy do for fun?
4. In Act 3, Mr. Prince says he tries to take what by the throat?
5. Due to success, Mr. Wax believes he is what?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters in Rocket to the Moon enter the story with a problem. Select a character from Rocket to the Moon.
1) What problem does this character have?
2) How do the events in Rocket to the Moon help the character face up to the problem?
3) Is the problem resolved by the end of Rocket to the Moon?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of women in Rocket to the Moon.
1) Who are the female characters in Rocket to the Moon?
2) How do they dress? Talk? Act?
3) Does their gender affect how other characters respond to them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Rocket to the Moon takes place over the period of several months, in the stifling heat of summer.
1) What is significant about the season in which the story is set?
2) How does the weather affect the characters and drive their actions?
3) Identify the symbolism of the weather.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)