|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cleo refuses his first invitation, where does Mr. Wax invite her?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what author does Stark attempt to quote to Cleo?
3. Stark is about to turn what age?
4. What does Mr. Wax compliment about Cleo?
5. In Act 3, what does Mr. Prince proclaim to Cleo is "his business?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Rocket to the Moon, the female characters see marriage as a negative institution. Analyze the conflict between a desire for love and a fear of marriage, as addressed in Rocket to the Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in Rocket to the Moon are frustrated in some way. Choosing Stark, Belle, and Mr. Prince, create a character portrait analyzing the following:
1) What does this character want to achieve?
2) Why hasn't this goal or desire already been obtained?
3) What type of conflict would exist if the character attempted to achieve his or her desire?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Belle and Stark.
1) How does he feel about her? How does she feel about him?
2) What do they want from one another? Are those needs met?
3) What are the obstacles in their relationship?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)