|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Frenchy, women are what to their husbands?
2. At the beginning of Act 3, Belle thinks Stark is doing what?
3. Frenchy compares marriage to what bird?
4. In Act 3, Mr. Prince reveals to Cleo that Stark will never do what?
5. Mr. Wax claims what to be a responsibility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Rocket to the Moon, the female characters see marriage as a negative institution. Analyze the conflict between a desire for love and a fear of marriage, as addressed in Rocket to the Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Rocket to the Moon takes place over the period of several months, in the stifling heat of summer.
1) What is significant about the season in which the story is set?
2) How does the weather affect the characters and drive their actions?
3) Identify the symbolism of the weather.
Essay Topic 3
The title of a piece is an important part of the work as a whole. Write an essay analyzing the title Rocket to the Moon and how this title is appropriate to the story.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)