|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Cleo she would meet a man like Stark?
2. Stark asks Cleo to show Mr. Wax what?
3. When does Act 3 take place?
4. What does Cleo ask Mr. Wax about his personal life?
5. What does Mr. Wax request to do following dental work?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of women in Rocket to the Moon.
1) Who are the female characters in Rocket to the Moon?
2) How do they dress? Talk? Act?
3) Does their gender affect how other characters respond to them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Rocket to the Moon, the female characters see marriage as a negative institution. Analyze the conflict between a desire for love and a fear of marriage, as addressed in Rocket to the Moon.
Essay Topic 3
Cleo is a character that attracts many men in Rocket to the Moon. Citing examples from the text, identify what made Cleo so appealing to the men in Rocket to the Moon.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)