|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Belle comes to town, Stark tells her he's busy with what?
2. In Act 3, what does Mr. Prince confront Stark about?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, why is Belle upset with Stark?
4. How late did Stark stay out, supposedly looking for a voucher error?
5. Stark tells Cleo he could offer her what type of life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Rocket to the Moon, the female characters see marriage as a negative institution. Analyze the conflict between a desire for love and a fear of marriage, as addressed in Rocket to the Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Prince is an affluent character at a time when few are wealthy. Analyze how Mr. Prince's position in society guides his actions.
1) How does Mr. Prince relate to other characters? What aspects of his wealth affect these relationship?
2) What type of mischief does Mr. Prince cause? Does his social position contribute to this?
3) What does Mr. Prince lack in spite of his money? How does he try to acquire it?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is heavily used throughout Rocket to the Moon.
1) Identify several symbols used throughout the play.
2) Relate these objects to the story being told.
3) Examine how the use of symbolism adds depth to Rocket to the Moon.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)