|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rocket to the Moon is set during what time period?
2. What city is Rocket to the Moon set in?
3. Why did Mr. Prince stop speaking to his wife?
4. What type of problem does Dr. Cooper have?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, Cleo accuses Stark of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the relationship between Cleo and Stark end?
2. In Act 3, what does Stark reveal to Belle about his relationship with Cleo?
3. Mr. Prince claims there are only two kinds of marriage. What are they?
4. Whose words does Cleo mimic at the end of Act 1? What is Stark's response to this?
5. Cleo claims Stark is ashamed of her. Why?
6. At the end of Act 3, why does Stark no longer feel guilty for his actions?
7. Why is Stark worried about Cleo when she is not back at the time she said she would be?
8. Mr. Prince blames his disappointments in life on what?
9. How do the men in Rocket to the Moon treat Cleo?
10. Describe the character Mr. Wax. How does he treat women? Men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stark is forced to choose between two women in Rocket to the Moon, his wife and his mistress. Compare and contrast the two women and what they have to offer to Stark.
Essay Topic 2
Although Stark is eager to succeed in business and his marriage, something is holding him back. Write a brief essay analyzing the various factors that hold Stark back from personal and professional success.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Prince is an affluent character at a time when few are wealthy. Analyze how Mr. Prince's position in society guides his actions.
1) How does Mr. Prince relate to other characters? What aspects of his wealth affect these relationship?
2) What type of mischief does Mr. Prince cause? Does his social position contribute to this?
3) What does Mr. Prince lack in spite of his money? How does he try to acquire it?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)