|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cleo's financial situation?
2. In Act 1, what building does Mr. Prince keep staring at?
3. Dr. Cooper has lived rent free for how many months?
4. Belle would like to do what in terms of children?
5. Cleo claims her brother studies where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cleo's opinion of marriage and why?
2. By the end of Act 1, what is Cleo's attitude towards her job and why?
3. Mr. Prince claims there are only two kinds of marriage. What are they?
4. When Belle asks Stark whether he plans to leave her, how does Stark respond, and how does Belle react?
5. Why does Mr. Prince want to marry Cleo?
6. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what happens between Cleo and Stark?
7. Why does Cleo tell Stark she doesn't care for Belle?
8. Why does Belle object to Mr. Prince funding Stark's practice?
9. What does Cleo reveal to Stark about her life?
10. What does Mr. Wax notice is special about Cleo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stark is forced to choose between two women in Rocket to the Moon, his wife and his mistress. Compare and contrast the two women and what they have to offer to Stark.
Essay Topic 2
Select a plot twist from Rocket to the Moon.
1) Why was this moment a plot twist?
2) How did affect the characters?
3) What did it add to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is heavily used throughout Rocket to the Moon.
1) Identify several symbols used throughout the play.
2) Relate these objects to the story being told.
3) Examine how the use of symbolism adds depth to Rocket to the Moon.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)