|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Cleo takes how long of a lunch?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
3. What does Stark smoke in Act 1?
4. What does Belle instruct Cleo regarding stockings?
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Stark accuses Belle of being . . .
Short Essay Questions
1. Cleo claims Stark is ashamed of her. Why?
2. According to Frenchy, what is the role of women in marriage? What does he think of this role?
3. How do the men in Rocket to the Moon treat Cleo?
4. Why does Mr. Wax matter to Cleo?
5. Mr. Prince blames his disappointments in life on what?
6. Why is Stark worried about Cleo when she is not back at the time she said she would be?
7. At what point does the interaction between Mr. Prince and Cleo become hypocritical?
8. Describe the business sense of the character Stark.
9. Why does Mr. Prince want to help Stark with his business?
10. Is there a reason Belle and Stark do not have children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the decision made by Cleo to stop dating Mr. Wax.
1) Determine why Cleo dated him in the first place.
2) Analyze what Mr. Wax had to offer her.
3) Discuss why Cleo made the choice against him.
Essay Topic 2
The title of a piece is an important part of the work as a whole. Write an essay analyzing the title Rocket to the Moon and how this title is appropriate to the story.
Essay Topic 3
Briefly analyze each of the following characters' relationship to money.
- Dr. Cooper.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)