|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleo claims she does what big event alone?
2. What type of shoes does Mr. Prince wear?
3. In Act 1, Mr. Prince suggests Stark should do what?
4. How is Dr. Cooper's movement described?
5. What city is Rocket to the Moon set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the relationship between Cleo and Stark end?
2. At what point does the interaction between Mr. Prince and Cleo become hypocritical?
3. What were Stark and Cleo doing just before Belle arrived?
4. What does Cleo reveal to Stark about her life?
5. What is Cleo's reaction to Mr. Prince's proposal?
6. Why does Mr. Prince want to help Stark with his business?
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, what advice about life does Mr. Prince offer to Cleo?
8. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is Belle afraid of?
9. What is Frenchy's concern for the man caught in a bad marriage?
10. Why does Cleo tell Stark she doesn't care for Belle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of a piece is an important part of the work as a whole. Write an essay analyzing the title Rocket to the Moon and how this title is appropriate to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Belle and Stark.
1) How does he feel about her? How does she feel about him?
2) What do they want from one another? Are those needs met?
3) What are the obstacles in their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters in Rocket to the Moon struggle with dreams that will never be fulfilled.
1) Which characters suffer from unfilled goals?
2) Which characters still plan to fulfill their dreams?
3) Which characters create an obstacle for another to fulfill their dreams?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)