|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage do the characters drink in Act 1?
2. What have Stark and Belle just fought about when the play opens?
3. According to Cleo, who has a "silver windpipe"?
(a) Mr. Gates.
(b) Mr. Carnegie.
(c) Mr. Buffet.
(d) Mr. Rockerfeller.
4. Cleo claims an interesting personality requires what?
(a) Good character.
(c) A sense of humor.
5. What does Belle want to do for the summer?
(a) Take a vacation with Stark.
(b) Open a new business.
(c) Drive cross country.
(d) Sell their vacation home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Mr. Prince says he likes to act like a what?
2. Belle thinks the rent for Stark's new business would be what?
3. Who claims July to be a "month for celibacy"?
4. What type of dental work does Mr. Prince get done?
5. How often does Stark go to the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Cleo claims Stark is ashamed of her. Why?
2. According to Frenchy, what is the role of women in marriage? What does he think of this role?
3. At the beginning of Act 3, what is the status of the relationship between Belle and Stark?
4. Why does the relationship between Cleo and Stark end?
5. When Cleo reveals her date with Mr. Prince to Stark, how does he respond?
6. How does Belle feel about her father?
7. Why does Cleo find the summer to be beautiful?
8. What is Cleo's reaction to Mr. Prince's proposal?
9. Why does Mr. Prince ask Cleo on a date?
10. Why is Stark worried about Cleo when she is not back at the time she said she would be?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)