|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Stark and Belle just fought about when the play opens?
2. Belle would like to do what in terms of children?
(a) Have twins.
(b) Send hers to summer camp.
(c) Adopt a boy.
(d) Adopt a girl.
3. What type of dental work does Mr. Prince get done?
(a) Porcelein veneers.
(b) Denture replacement.
(c) Teeth whitening.
(d) Golden inlays.
4. How long ago did Belle's mother die?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) She is still alive.
5. How often does Stark go to the beach?
(a) Every day.
(c) Monday mornings.
(d) A few days a month.
6. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Stark's home.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) Cleo's house.
(d) Stark's office.
7. In Act 1, Cleo is assigned to do what at lunch?
(a) Sublease the apartment.
(b) Sell the apartment.
(c) Mail an important document.
(d) Shop for dinner.
8. Stark jokes Cleo's father is a what?
(a) Ice skater.
(c) Poor man.
9. In Fire Island, why did a man collapse during yard work?
(a) The heat.
(b) He was attacked by bees.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He saw Cleo.
10. In Act 1, Mr. Prince suggests Stark should do what?
(a) Skip town without paying rent.
(b) Have an affair.
(c) Divorce his daughter.
(d) Rob a bank.
11. Who was the best man at Stark's wedding?
(a) George Ellison.
(b) Dr. Goldman.
(c) Jacob Kramer.
(d) Mr. Prince.
12. What is Cleo's financial situation?
(a) Paycheck to paycheck.
(b) Single mother.
(c) Struggling student.
(d) Family money.
13. What quality does Belle admire about Stark?
(c) Physical strength.
14. Cleo's sisters tease her for wanting to be a what?
(c) Film star.
(d) Business woman.
15. What does Cleo tell Stark she might do one day?
(a) Jump off a building.
(b) Move to Texas.
(c) Stop speaking.
(d) Shave her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Prince is just about how old?
2. Mr. Prince claims to have made how much in one morning?
3. Belle says Stark knows "as much about women as . . ."
4. Dr. Cooper has lived rent free for how many months?
5. Why does Mr. Prince suggest treating elders with respect?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)