|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Cooper is described as having what type of manner?
(a) "Boorish and distasteful."
(b) "A perfect bedside manner."
(c) "Frank and winning."
(d) "Abrupt and shy."
2. Dr. Cooper claims God sent what, instead of a flood?
(a) A lack of love.
(d) Bad business.
3. What does Cleo tell Stark she might do one day?
(a) Stop speaking.
(b) Jump off a building.
(c) Move to Texas.
(d) Shave her head.
4. Belle thinks the rent for Stark's new business would be what?
(b) Too expensive.
(c) A scam.
5. According to Cleo, who has a "silver windpipe"?
(a) Mr. Gates.
(b) Mr. Rockerfeller.
(c) Mr. Buffet.
(d) Mr. Carnegie.
6. What have Stark and Belle just fought about when the play opens?
7. How much does Miss Cleo make per week?
8. What type of coffee does Dr. Cooper joke about?
(a) Bitter coffee.
(b) Poorman's coffee.
(c) Scotch coffee.
(d) Spanish coffee.
9. In Act 1, what type of flowers does Stark water?
10. In Act 1, what building does Mr. Prince keep staring at?
(a) Hotel Plaza.
(b) Shady Corner Lofts.
(c) Hotel Algiers.
(d) Neighborhood Pines.
11. What beverage do the characters drink in Act 1?
12. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what is Cleo doing?
(a) Ignoring Stark.
(b) Painting her fingernails.
(c) Fighting with Stark.
(d) Waiting on Stark.
13. How much money does Frenchy make per week?
14. In Act 1, who wants to live with Belle and Stark?
(a) Belle's mother.
(b) Stark's father.
(c) Belle's father.
(d) Stark's best friend.
15. Why did Mr. Prince stop speaking to his wife?
(a) She left him.
(b) She insulted him.
(c) He fell in love with another.
(d) She cheated on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belle instruct Cleo regarding stockings?
2. What did Mr. Prince want to be before marriage?
3. Where did Cleo attend school?
4. Rocket to the Moon is set during what time period?
5. What man begins to sob in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)