|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many armed men does Crusoe have, including himself, to meet the boat in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 12, where does Crusoe find humans remains?
(a) Eastern part of the island.
(b) Western part of the island.
(c) Southwest point of the island.
(d) Northwest point of the island.
3. How much time does it take Crusoe to fence in the first piece of land that he finds in Chapter 12 for his goats?
(a) 5 days.
(b) About 6 weeks.
(c) Less than a month.
(d) 25 days.
4. In Chapter 14 after Crusoe decides to try to capture a savage, how long is it before he sees the cannibals again?
(a) 1 1/2 years.
(b) 27 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 2 years.
5. After coming upon the carcasses of a dead horse and two men and killing a large number of wolves, how long does it take Crusoe and his group to come to the town where they are to stay?
(a) About an hour.
(b) About a half an hour.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 65 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what task does Crusoe assign Friday after he feeds him broth made from goat and then roasted goat?
2. In Chapter 16, how long has Crusoe been on the island?
3. How long does Poll live with Crusoe?
4. In Chapter 17, when Crusoe considers rescuing the Spaniard's comrades, how long does the Spaniard say the rescue should be delayed?
5. In Chapter 15, how many people does Friday tell Crusoe that he and others ate when they came to the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what signs of cannibalism does Crusoe find?
2. In Chapter 16, why does Friday look grave and sad when Crusoe tells him he will make a boat and take Friday back to his country?
3. How does Friday kill a bear in Chapter 20?
4. How does Crusoe settle down during the seven years that widow persuades him to stay in Chapter 20 and why does he leave?
5. After seeing signs of cannibalism in Chapter 12, what does Crusoe begin taking with him every time he goes he goes out?
6. What type of companions are they and how long do Poll and the dog from the ship live with Crusoe?
7. In Chapter 14, what does Crusoe think that his circumstances would be like if he had stayed in Brazil?
8. In Chapter 20, when Crusoe and his group come to the town where they are to lodge, what is the situation there?
9. When Crusoe leaves the island in Chapter 19, what does he take with him?
10. Why does the Spaniard suggest that Crusoe wait six months before rescuing the Spaniard's comrades?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)