|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how many men does Crusoe say that the boat he and Friday make will carry?
2. In Chapter 14, how old does Crusoe think the man is who escapes from the cannibals and that he names Friday?
(a) Around 18.
(c) About 26.
3. When does Crusoe leave the island in Chapter 19?
(a) December 1, 1686.
(b) December 19, 1686.
(c) December 25, 1686.
(d) December 11, 1686.
4. In Chapter 16, how many bearded men does Friday say are in his land?
5. In Chapter 18, how many mutineers come from the ship when no one responds to their shots?
(a) About 15.
(b) No less than 10.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crusoe say is the best way to approach a bear?
2. In Chapter 12, how far is the hill where Crusoe goes to watch for ships from his castle?
3. In Chapter 14, how many years does Crusoe follow a regular routine and stay vigilant for the cannibals?
4. In Chapter 14, when Crusoe watches the cannibals who have returned after a long absence, how many people does he see dragged from the boats?
5. In Chapter 19, how many leopard skins does Crusoe receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does the widow persuade Crusoe in Chapter 20 to stay and what does Crusoe do during that time?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Crusoe decide to do to cure Friday of eating human flesh?
3. Why does the Spaniard suggest that Crusoe wait six months before rescuing the Spaniard's comrades?
4. In Chapter 19, what does Crusoe learn has happened to his plantation in Brazil?
5. What type of companions are they and how long do Poll and the dog from the ship live with Crusoe?
6. What does Crusoe dream in Chapter 14?
7. In Chapter 12, where and why does Crusoe move some of his goats?
8. Beside Poll and the dog, what other creatures live with Crusoe in Chpater 13?
9. How does Crusoe dispose of his old plantation in Brazil?
10. Who do Crusoe and Friday rescue and how in Chapter 16?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)