|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much gunpowder does Crusoe have in Chapter 12?
(a) 2 barrels.
(b) 1 barrel.
(c) 3 boxes.
(d) 2 boxes.
2. In Chapter 18, as the second boat comes from the ship, how many men does the captain think are honest fellows?
3. In Chapter 20, when does Crusoe land safely at Dover?
(a) January 30.
(b) January 14.
(c) January 2.
(d) January 23.
4. What type of tree does Crusoe have Friday cut for a mast in Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 14 after Crusoe decides to try to capture a savage, how long is it before he sees the cannibals again?
(a) 1 1/2 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 27 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how many men come swimming to the ship begging to go with them?
2. How many pounds of tobacco does the ship's captain bring Crusoe after he regains his ship in Chapter 18?
3. What shoes does Friday put on when he goes to confront the bear?
4. What type of ship does Crusoe find wrecked in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 14, what does Crusoe believe his net worth might be if he had stayed in Brazil?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, when the men from the ship are ready to go back in the boat after traipsing around the island, what does Crusoe have done to keep them on the shore?
2. In Chapter 12, what signs of cannibalism does Crusoe find?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Crusoe learn from the Spaniard that he and Friday rescued?
4. What does Crusoe find on a ship wreck in Chapter 13?
5. When Crusoe leaves the island in Chapter 19, what does he take with him?
6. In Chapter 15, why is the first year with Friday one of the most pleasant Crusoe has spent on the island?
7. In Chapter 15, what does Crusoe decide to do to cure Friday of eating human flesh?
8. Why does the Spaniard suggest that Crusoe wait six months before rescuing the Spaniard's comrades?
9. How does Friday kill a bear in Chapter 20?
10. In Chapter 17, why is Crusoe cautious about rescuing the other men who are living with the cannibals and what does he do about it?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)