|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how old does Crusoe think the man is who escapes from the cannibals and that he names Friday?
(a) About 26.
(d) Around 18.
2. In Chapter 12 after seeing signs of cannibalism, how long does Crusoe stay within his own circle of his castle, county seat, and his enclosure in the woods?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 18 months.
3. In Chapter 20 when Crusoe and his group see about 100 wolves, how many volleys do they have to fire to make the wolves stop?
4. When does Crusoe leave the island in Chapter 19?
(a) December 11, 1686.
(b) December 25, 1686.
(c) December 19, 1686.
(d) December 1, 1686.
5. In Chapter 12, where does Crusoe find humans remains?
(a) Southwest point of the island.
(b) Eastern part of the island.
(c) Western part of the island.
(d) Northwest point of the island.
6. What does Crusoe say is the best way to approach a bear?
(a) Keep going and look away.
(b) Stand still and stare.
(c) Throw something.
(d) Run fast.
7. In Chapter 12, how long has Crusoe been on the island?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 19 years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) 15 years.
8. In Chapter 16, how long has Crusoe been on the island?
(a) 27 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 29 years.
(d) 28 years.
9. In Chapter 12 in the area where Crusoe nearly lost himself once, how many acres is the clear piece of land that he works to make a goat enclosure?
10. What type of sail does Crusoe create in Chapter 16?
(a) Shoulder-of-mutton sail.
11. In Chapter 18, how many mutineers come from the ship when no one responds to their shots?
(b) No less than 10.
(c) About 15.
12. When Crusoe arrives in England in Chapter 19, how long has it been since he has been in England?
(a) 36 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 33 years.
13. In Chapter 14, what month is it?
14. How many goats does Crusoe place in the first plot of land that he fences in in Chapter 12?
15. In Chapter 19, where does Crusoe go when he leaves England?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what task does Crusoe assign Friday after he feeds him broth made from goat and then roasted goat?
2. In Chapter 14, what does Crusoe believe his net worth might be if he had stayed in Brazil?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Crusoe expect will happen to him every night when he goes to bed?
4. How are the men who come swimming and begging to go with the ship punished in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 17, how many Portuguese does the Spaniard say they took from another wreck?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)