|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds of tobacco does the ship's captain bring Crusoe after he regains his ship in Chapter 18?
2. How far do Crusoe and his group have to go when Friday shoots the bear in Chapter 20?
(a) About 2 leagues.
(b) Nearly 3 leagues.
(c) 4 leagues.
(d) 5 leagues.
3. In Chapter 14, how long has Crusoe been on the island?
(a) 26 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 24 years.
(d) 23 years.
4. In Chapter 20 after coming upon the carcasses of a dead horse and two men, how many wolves do Crusoe and his group kill?
(a) 3 score.
(b) 3 dozen.
5. How long does the dog from the ship live with Crusoe before he dies?
6. In Chapter 12 in the area where Crusoe nearly lost himself once, how many acres is the clear piece of land that he works to make a goat enclosure?
7. In Chapter 17, how many bushels of barley do Crusoe and the others sow?
8. What does Friday throw at the bear in Chapter 20?
(b) Piece of wood.
(c) Small stone.
(d) Great stone.
9. In Chapter 14, what month is it?
10. What type of ship does Crusoe find wrecked in Chapter 13?
11. In Chapter 17, how many Portuguese does the Spaniard say they took from another wreck?
12. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what two things does Crusoe shoot in front of Friday?
(a) Kid goat and a hawk.
(b) Sea bird and a hawk.
(c) Kid goat and parrot.
(d) Cat and hawk.
13. What does Crusoe say is the best way to approach a bear?
(a) Throw something.
(b) Stand still and stare.
(c) Keep going and look away.
(d) Run fast.
14. In Chapter 15, what is the name of Friday's god?
15. In Chapter 16, how many bearded men does Friday say are in his land?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14 after Crusoe decides to try to capture a savage, how long is it before he sees the cannibals again?
2. In Chapter 14, how old does Crusoe think the man is who escapes from the cannibals and that he names Friday?
3. How many children does Robinson have in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 12 after seeing signs of cannibalism, how long does Crusoe stay within his own circle of his castle, county seat, and his enclosure in the woods?
5. In Chapter 16, how many pieces of sails are good enough for Crusoe to use for his boat?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)