|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, which seaman is the principal ringleader of the mutiny?
(b) Chief officer.
(c) Second officer.
(d) Chief engineer.
2. In Chapter 14, how old does Crusoe think the man is who escapes from the cannibals and that he names Friday?
(c) About 26.
(d) Around 18.
3. How much gunpowder does Crusoe have in Chapter 12?
(a) 2 barrels.
(b) 1 barrel.
(c) 3 boxes.
(d) 2 boxes.
4. In Chapter 15, what is the name of Friday's god?
5. How much time does it take Crusoe to fence in the first piece of land that he finds in Chapter 12 for his goats?
(a) About 6 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 25 days.
(d) Less than a month.
6. In Chapter 16, how many pieces of sails are good enough for Crusoe to use for his boat?
7. What does Friday throw at the bear in Chapter 20?
(b) Great stone.
(c) Piece of wood.
(d) Small stone.
8. How are the men who come swimming and begging to go with the ship punished in Chapter 19?
(d) Made to scrub the decks.
9. What type of sail does Crusoe create in Chapter 16?
(c) Shoulder-of-mutton sail.
10. In Chapter 16, what language does the white man speak who Crusoe and Friday rescue when Crusoe asked him who he is?
11. In Chapter 14, how long has Crusoe been on the island?
(a) 26 years.
(b) 24 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 23 years.
12. When Crusoe arrives in England in Chapter 19, how long has it been since he has been in England?
(a) 33 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 36 years.
13. In Chapter 17, how many bushels of barley do Crusoe and the others harvest?
(c) About 230.
(d) More than 220.
14. In Chapter 16, when Crusoe looks through his perspective glass, how many men does he see?
(a) 24 savages and 5 prisoners.
(b) 18 savages and 2 prisoners.
(c) 31 savages and 7 prisoners.
(d) 21 savages and 3 prisoners.
15. In Chapter 16, how long does it take Crusoe and Friday using rollers to get their boat into the water?
(a) 2 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 8 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, when Crusoe considers rescuing the Spaniard's comrades, how long does the Spaniard say the rescue should be delayed?
2. How many armed men does Crusoe have, including himself, to meet the boat in Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 12, where does Crusoe find humans remains?
4. In Chapter 16, how many men does Crusoe say that the boat he and Friday make will carry?
5. In Chapter 20 after coming upon the carcasses of a dead horse and two men, how many wolves do Crusoe and his group kill?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)