Chapters 1-3 - Start in Life to Wrecked on a Desert Island
• Robinson Crusoe is the narrator of the story.
• He was born in 1632 in York, England.
• His father immigrated from Germany, and married a woman whose family name was Robinson.
• Crusoe’s family name was Kreutznaer, but was corrupted to Crusoe.
• Crusoe is the youngest of three sons.
• The eldest was a lieutenant-colonel and died in battle.
• The second son disappeared and no one knew what happened to him.
• When Crusoe has an urge to go to sea, his father tells him that he needs to stay home and be content with his lot in life.
• Crusoe’s father forbids him to go to sea, and he promises that he will help Crusoe find a career.
• Crusoe tries to do what his father tells him, but all he can think about is adventure at sea.
• Crusoe is...
This section contains 8,637 words
(approx. 29 pages at 300 words per page)