|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the American public grow alarmed about in 1967?
2. What did Robert Kennedy become known for when he debated political arguments during the presidential campaign in 1964?
3. Who moved in a direction independent of the Soviet Union following the release of American prisoners in Cuba?
4. What happened to John Kennedy in Texas in November 1963?
5. How did Robert Kennedy secure the release American prisoners in the early 1960s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Diem ousted by power, and what did the American military do after the dictator was removed?
2. What did Robert Kennedy warn the U.S. government about in Latin America?
3. What did Kennedy do to ease tensions with Cuba?
4. Why did the Tet Offensive increase animosity of the American public towards the Vietnam War?
5. What did Robert Kennedy think about the war in Vietnam?
6. What action did the Pentagon take in Vietnam against the advice of Robert Kennedy?
7. Describe Robert Kennedy in the Senate.
8. What was happening to the American people as the Vietnam War dragged on?
9. Where did Cesar Chavez take Robert Kennedy, and what effect did it have on Kennedy?
10. Why did America's reputation suffer in the early 1960s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief portrait study of Robert Kennedy. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him through his life? How did he change from the beginning of the book, to his work in the Justice Department, and finally as a candidate for President?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the Brown versus Board of Education ruling in relationship to Medgar Evans.
Essay Topic 3
What is counter-insurgency? Does this policy assist the United States in forging international alliances? Why or why not? What are potential problems? Explain.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)