|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy call the shame of poverty?
2. What did the CIA attempt to do to Fidel Castro and failed?
3. Who did Robert Kennedy spend time trying to assist for most of his career?
4. What did the American public grow alarmed about in 1967?
5. Who did Robert Kennedy want the Americans to negotiate with in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy do to improve American foreign policy in 1963?
2. What effect did the Vietnam War have on the Johnson administration?
3. What did Kennedy do to ease tensions with Cuba?
4. What was happening to the American people as the Vietnam War dragged on?
5. What action did the Pentagon take in Vietnam against the advice of Robert Kennedy?
6. What did Robert Kennedy discover when he traveled abroad?
7. What did Robert Kennedy think were the most important issues facing America?
8. What difficult decision did Robert Kennedy take after the Tet Offensive?
9. How did the role of the Alliance for Progress change under the Johnson administration?
10. How did Johnson use Robert Kennedy's popularity as Attorney General for his own gain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define, compare, and contrast the basic elements of segregation and integration. What are merits or disadvantages of each? Share your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
In this book, Schlesinger discusses many significant issues facing the American justice system in the 1950s and 1960s such as organized crime, civil rights legislation, and accountability. What was Robert Kennedy's position on each of these issues? How did his political stance (both rhetoric and action) result in the characterization of an honest, blunt, and passionate prosecutor?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Bay of Pigs Incident and its effect on America's reputation. What action did the Kennedy government take to remedy the situation? Explain.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)