|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Robert Kennedy research poverty?
2. Which two offices did the FBI director covertly oppose?
3. What did staunch conservatives want John F. Kennedy to do regarding foreign policy?
4. What services did the model community program offer in New York?
5. What were the two major issues surrounding the John F. Kennedy bid for the presidency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal tragedies happened in the Kennedy family during the war and subsequently?
2. What was the direct political result of Robert Kennedy's investigation of the six steel companies in the anti-trust case?
3. What did Robert Kennedy do to mitigate hostile relations with Cuba?
4. What effect did the Cold War have on American foreign policy?
5. Whose appointment as an Assistant Attorney General invoked rage, and what was the immediate consequence of this action?
6. Who did the Senate committee investigate associated with money laundering and the mob?
7. Describe Joseph Patrick Kennedy.
8. What action did Robert Kennedy take to avert the escalation of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
9. What was Robert Kennedy's role in the investigation of Kohler Plumbing?
10. What action taken by Soviet leader Khrushchev immediately caused a red alert for American security?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief portrait study of Robert Kennedy. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him through his life? How did he change from the beginning of the book, to his work in the Justice Department, and finally as a candidate for President?
Essay Topic 2
Prior to the assassination of his brother, what was Robert Kennedy most concerned with? How did his focus shift after his brother's death? Why did he choose to run as a presidential candidate? What opposition did he face? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
What was the Alliance for Progress? What did this organization do under John F. Kennedy? How did its purpose change under the Johnson administration? Who opposed the alliance's new focus? Explain.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)