|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Robert Kennedy marry?
2. Who was a staunch Democrat in an era of Republican dominance?
3. Who placed nuclear missiles on Cuban soil in the 1960s?
4. What was American policy in the emerging nations of Asia and Africa?
5. Which institution opposed the changes happening in the Justice Department?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joseph Patrick Kennedy.
2. Describe what Robert Kennedy did to rectify unfair standards for the poor in America's justice system?
3. What was Robert Kennedy's role in the investigation of Kohler Plumbing?
4. How did the FBI function during the 1960s when John F. Kennedy came to power?
5. What were some indictments that Robert Kennedy pursued as Attorney General that were difficult?
6. What was the controversy surrounding the candidate for Attorney General?
7. What did Robert Kennedy discover about juvenile delinquency in urban ghettos?
8. What was the direct political result of Robert Kennedy's investigation of the six steel companies in the anti-trust case?
9. Whose appointment as an Assistant Attorney General invoked rage, and what was the immediate consequence of this action?
10. What did Robert Kennedy do in New York to improve the lives of the poverty-stricken?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare hawks and doves with regard to the Vietnam War. Which viewpoint had more merit? What were the positives and negatives of each viewpoint? How did the progress of the war reflect these viewpoints? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Prior to the assassination of his brother, what was Robert Kennedy most concerned with? How did his focus shift after his brother's death? Why did he choose to run as a presidential candidate? What opposition did he face? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of black people in the rural South during the 1950s and 1960s. What rights did they have or lack? What freedoms, restrictions, and rules did they have? How does that differ from what they have today in America?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)