|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robert Kennedy announced his Presidential candidacy in 1968, what happened within his own party?
(a) It merged with the Socialist party.
(b) He ran against the incumbent who was from the same party.
(c) He won everyone over to his side.
(d) It broke up.
2. Who resigned in 1964?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Joe McNamara.
(d) Cabinet members and advisors to John Kennedy.
3. What conclusion did Robert Kennedy come to after his Latin American trip?
(a) That the administration would have to pick and choose what problems to address.
(b) That they should bring in troops.
(c) That Latin America was too difficult to deal with.
(d) That they should concede defeat to Communist dictators.
4. Who fed rumors to Johnson about Robert Kennedy?
5. What did Robert Kennedy see on reservations in the 1960s?
(d) Large casinos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became the new policy of the Johnson administration toward Latin America in the 1960s?
2. What did the CIA attempt to do to Fidel Castro and failed?
3. What devastated Robert Kennedy?
4. Who assisted in secret negotiations with Castro?
5. What did Robert Kennedy openly criticize about American policy in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Cesar Chavez take Robert Kennedy, and what effect did it have on Kennedy?
2. What was happening in Indochina in the 1960s?
3. How did the role of the Alliance for Progress change under the Johnson administration?
4. What did Robert Kennedy think about the war in Vietnam?
5. What did Robert Kennedy warn the U.S. government about in Latin America?
6. After Robert Kennedy left the government, what changes happened in the Justice Department?
7. Describe Robert Kennedy in the Senate.
8. What did Robert Kennedy discover when he traveled abroad?
9. How did Johnson use Robert Kennedy's popularity as Attorney General for his own gain?
10. What happened during the 1963 election campaign that devastated Robert Kennedy?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)