|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people in America who opposed military action in Vietnam say about the developing conflict in the 1960s?
(a) That it was a civil war that did not involve the U.S.
(b) That it was a strategic location to fight the Soviet Union from.
(c) That it caused civil unrest at home.
(d) That it was important to stop to prevent the spread of Communism.
2. Why was Robert Kennedy considered a reformer in America during the 1960s?
(a) For challenging the status quo.
(b) For secretly negotiating with Castro.
(c) For traveling to third-world nations.
(d) For building trains.
3. What American policy change instigated by the Johnson administration did Robert Kennedy oppose in Latin America?
(a) Removing dictators.
(b) Fighting with revolutionaries.
(c) Installing puppet regimes.
(d) Withholding aid unless American corporations were given advantages.
4. What did Robert Kennedy discover about the FBI and the CIA after the assassination of the President?
(a) That they were friends with Fidel Castro.
(b) That they had withheld information from the Warren Commission.
(c) That they were one organization.
(d) That they were Communist.
5. What did the American public grow alarmed about in 1967?
(c) The cost of the war in terms of money and human lives.
(d) The rising cost of inflation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What devastated Robert Kennedy?
2. Who told the American public that the Americans were winning in Vietnam in 1968?
3. Who began to study the migrant poor in America in the late 1960s?
4. What was one of Robert Kennedy's early disappointments with the Johnson administration?
5. Which segment of the American population began to support Robert Kennedy's view of the war in 1967?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy do to improve American foreign policy in 1963?
2. What difficult decision did Robert Kennedy take after the Tet Offensive?
3. What was happening to the American people as the Vietnam War dragged on?
4. What did Kennedy do to ease tensions with Cuba?
5. How did the role of the Alliance for Progress change under the Johnson administration?
6. What effect did the Vietnam War have on the Johnson administration?
7. How did Robert Kennedy differ from Lyndon B. Johnson on national issues?
8. What did Robert Kennedy warn the U.S. government about in Latin America?
9. What action did the Pentagon take in Vietnam against the advice of Robert Kennedy?
10. How was Diem ousted by power, and what did the American military do after the dictator was removed?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)