|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy openly criticize about American policy in Vietnam?
(a) Lack of support from the locals.
(b) Failure to hold negotiations and lack of reform in South Vietnam.
(c) Failure to overthrow the Communists.
(d) Inability to quickly win the war.
2. How did Robert Kennedy secure the release American prisoners in the early 1960s?
(a) Through bombing Cuba.
(b) Through secret negotations with Castro.
(c) Through a submarine.
(d) Through an air attack.
3. Why was Robert Kennedy considered a reformer in America during the 1960s?
(a) For traveling to third-world nations.
(b) For building trains.
(c) For secretly negotiating with Castro.
(d) For challenging the status quo.
4. What devastated Robert Kennedy?
(a) The creation of South Vietnam.
(b) The arrival of twins.
(c) The death of the president.
(d) The building of nuclear Iran.
5. What did Robert Kennedy find out when he traveled to Latin America?
(a) Latin America was under heavy bombardment.
(b) The people resented American support of despotic governments simply for being anti-Communist.
(c) The people were wildly enthusiastic about his arrival.
(d) The Latin American people were violently oppressed by dictators.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Robert Kennedy turn to guide him through agricultural areas in the late 1960s and to understand how people lived?
2. When Robert Kennedy returned to the Justice Department after the death of his brother, who did he find in charge?
3. What organization assisted in social and economic reform in Latin America and thus prevented Communist takeovers?
4. According to Robert Kennedy, what needed to be addressed in America to move forward peacefully?
5. Why was Robert Kennedy hesitant to run for political office in 1968?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Robert Kennedy put his attention in 1967?
2. How did Robert Kennedy differ from the American military community in his view of what the country needed to focus on for peace and prosperity?
3. How did Johnson use Robert Kennedy's popularity as Attorney General for his own gain?
4. What action did the Pentagon take in Vietnam against the advice of Robert Kennedy?
5. What effect did the Vietnam War have on the Johnson administration?
6. What did Robert Kennedy do after he resigned as Attorney General?
7. Robert Kennedy emerged as a champion of the rights of certain people. Who were they?
8. What did Robert Kennedy discover when he traveled abroad?
9. What was happening in Indochina in the 1960s?
10. What did Robert Kennedy think were the most important issues facing America?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)