|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two offices did the FBI director covertly oppose?
(a) State and municipal.
(b) National defense and civil rights.
(c) Attorney General and President.
(d) Civil unions and health care.
2. Who placed nuclear missiles on Cuban soil in the 1960s?
(a) Joe McCarthy.
(b) Soviet President Khrushchev.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
3. What immigrants were not popular in the 1800s in America?
4. What change occurred in the Investigations Committee as a direct result of John F. Kennedy's Senate move?
(a) Joe McCarthy gained popularity.
(b) Herbert Hoover became president of the FBI.
(c) The Committee focused on investigations instead of prosecutions.
(d) Labor got along well with the government.
5. What were the two major issues surrounding the John F. Kennedy bid for the presidency?
(a) Socialism and green economics.
(b) Communism and labor rights.
(c) Catholicism and civil rights.
(d) War and anarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose prosecution by Attorney General Robert Kennedy caused the ire of Lyndon B. Johnson?
2. Who convinced an American President to invade Cuba in the 1960s?
3. What party did Adlai Stevenson belong to?
4. What was on the mind of Americans when John Kennedy was elected as President?
5. What three organizations did Robert Kennedy enlist support from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy do in New York to improve the lives of the poverty-stricken?
2. How did Joe become involved in politics?
3. How did the FBI function during the 1960s when John F. Kennedy came to power?
4. What action did Robert Kennedy take to enforce the 1954 Brown v Board of Education decision in the south?
5. What action taken by Soviet leader Khrushchev immediately caused a red alert for American security?
6. What were some indictments that Robert Kennedy pursued as Attorney General that were difficult?
7. What did Robert Kennedy discover about juvenile delinquency in urban ghettos?
8. Describe being an American of Irish origin in the 1800s.
9. Describe Walter Reuther's position that antagonized Republicans.
10. What personal tragedies happened in the Kennedy family during the war and subsequently?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)