|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did staunch conservatives want John F. Kennedy to do regarding foreign policy?
(a) Offer a strong military response to Communism.
(b) Offer a peaceful treaty to Soviet Union.
(c) Step down.
(d) Concede defeat to anarchists.
2. Why did Robert Kennedy spearhead covert negotiations with Castro?
(a) To gain the release of American prisoners.
(b) For access to drugs.
(c) For building a defense base.
(d) For access to Soviet missiles.
3. Who had terrifying power as the head of the FBI?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) J. Edgar Hoover.
(c) Walter Mondale.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
4. What did America have to do to prevent the rise of Communism?
(a) Give away land.
(b) Become more involved in world affairs.
(c) Install a puppet regime in Indochina.
(d) Lead insurgent armies.
5. What was the policy of diplomacy ascribed to by Robert and John Kennedy?
(a) Installation of puppet regimes.
(b) Action diplomacy.
(c) Unilateral support of dictators.
(d) Zero negotiations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Asian countries yearn to be free of?
2. What was a major area of contention between Hoover and Robert Kennedy?
3. Which institution opposed the changes happening in the Justice Department?
4. Where did Robert Kennedy get a position because of his father's influence?
5. Whose prosecution by Attorney General Robert Kennedy caused the ire of Lyndon B. Johnson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy do in New York to improve the lives of the poverty-stricken?
2. Describe being an American of Irish origin in the 1800s.
3. How did Robert Kennedy unknowingly restrict Hoover's secret techniques for investigation?
4. What were some indictments that Robert Kennedy pursued as Attorney General that were difficult?
5. What action taken by Soviet leader Khrushchev immediately caused a red alert for American security?
6. Describe Robert Kennedy's actions regarding the notorious investigation against six large steel companies.
7. What action did Robert Kennedy take to enforce the 1954 Brown v Board of Education decision in the south?
8. How did the CIA act on its own accord in Cuba at this time?
9. What was the direct political result of Robert Kennedy's investigation of the six steel companies in the anti-trust case?
10. Describe what Robert Kennedy did to rectify unfair standards for the poor in America's justice system?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)