|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the policy of diplomacy ascribed to by Robert and John Kennedy?
(a) Zero negotiations.
(b) Installation of puppet regimes.
(c) Action diplomacy.
(d) Unilateral support of dictators.
2. Which son died in an explosion over France during the 1950s?
(a) Patrick F.
(b) Robert F.
(c) Joe Jr.
(d) John F.
3. Which issue did Robert Kennedy think posed the greatest threat facing the nation?
(b) Civil rights.
(c) Organized crime.
4. What change occurred in the Investigations Committee as a direct result of John F. Kennedy's Senate move?
(a) Joe McCarthy gained popularity.
(b) The Committee focused on investigations instead of prosecutions.
(c) Herbert Hoover became president of the FBI.
(d) Labor got along well with the government.
5. How did Hoover attempt to gain convictions of leftists?
(a) Through innuendos and associations.
(b) Through hard facts.
(c) Through investigative hearings.
(d) Through forced imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the two major issues surrounding the John F. Kennedy bid for the presidency?
2. In what five areas was civil rights legislation enforced?
3. During the 1960s, what emerged as the primary U.S. goal with foreign relations?
4. What was a difficult decision that the Attorney General Robert Kennedy faced during judicial prosecutions?
5. In his role in the Senate Investigations Committee, what did Robert Kennedy gain a reputation for being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some indictments that Robert Kennedy pursued as Attorney General that were difficult?
2. What effect did the Cold War have on American foreign policy?
3. Describe Joseph Patrick Kennedy.
4. What did Robert Kennedy do to mitigate hostile relations with Cuba?
5. Describe being an American of Irish origin in the 1800s.
6. How did Robert Kennedy unknowingly restrict Hoover's secret techniques for investigation?
7. What action did Robert Kennedy take to avert the escalation of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
8. What personal tragedies happened in the Kennedy family during the war and subsequently?
9. Describe the momentum the civil rights picked up after the death of student Medgar Evans.
10. What role did Robert Kennedy play in the early 1950s in government?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)