|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Kennedy own homes?
(a) Hyannis Port, Palm Beach, and Bronxville.
(b) New York, Boston, and San Francisco.
(c) Bermuda, Charleston, and Boston.
(d) Hilton Head, Charlottesville, and St. Thomas.
2. Who traveled to Asia and witnessed the new nationalism arising in those countries?
(a) Patrick and John Kennedy.
(b) Kathleen and Margaret Eunice.
(c) Herbert and Rose Hoover.
(d) John and Robert Kennedy.
3. After the landmark anti-trust case, what distinction occurred between the two political parties?
(a) The Republican party aligned with the military while the Democratic party advocated education.
(b) The Republican party opposed civil rights legislation while the Democratic party supported it.
(c) The Republican party stood for white collar work while the Democratic party stood for blue collar work.
(d) The Republican party represented business while the Democratic party represented labor.
4. Who wanted a blockade and negotiation with Cuba when they heard about the missiles?
5. Which son died in an explosion over France during the 1950s?
(a) Patrick F.
(b) Joe Jr.
(c) John F.
(d) Robert F.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy discover about the Teamsters Union's president?
2. What was the old practice of American politics?
3. What role was Robert F. Kenned a great choice for but hesitant to take on for fear of nepotism?
4. What were two measures the Attorney General Robert Kennedy took to repair inequality in the court system?
5. What did Robert Kennedy think were the two reasons for juvenile delinquency?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joe become involved in politics?
2. What personal tragedies happened in the Kennedy family during the war and subsequently?
3. Describe Joseph Patrick Kennedy.
4. How did Robert Kennedy assist his brother in his 1960 Presidential campaign?
5. How did the FBI function during the 1960s when John F. Kennedy came to power?
6. What role did Robert Kennedy play in the early 1950s in government?
7. Describe being an American of Irish origin in the 1800s.
8. Does Rose Fitzgerald's father accept Joseph Kennedy?
9. What effect did the Cold War have on American foreign policy?
10. What did Robert Kennedy do to mitigate hostile relations with Cuba?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)