|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which son died in an explosion over France during the 1950s?
(a) Joe Jr.
(b) Patrick F.
(c) Robert F.
(d) John F.
2. Who did Robert Kennedy appoint to investigate anti-trust violations?
(a) Bob Barkett.
(b) David Hackett.
(c) Joseph Smith.
(d) William Orrick.
3. Which institution opposed the changes happening in the Justice Department?
(a) Security Council.
4. Whose Vice-Presidential bid failed in 1956?
(a) Joe McCarthy.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Patrick Kennedy.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
5. What role was Robert F. Kenned a great choice for but hesitant to take on for fear of nepotism?
(b) Supreme Court Judge.
(c) Attorney General.
6. Which issue did Robert Kennedy think posed the greatest threat facing the nation?
(b) Civil rights.
(d) Organized crime.
7. What favorite activity of Hoover's did Kennedy severely limit?
(b) Concentration camps.
(c) Investigative reporting.
(d) Forced imprisonment.
8. Who was prosecuted by the Attorney General Robert Kennedy for taking a bribe?
(a) J. Vincent Keoh.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Eunice Kennedy.
9. What event in Wisconsin invoked the ire of Republicans?
(a) Bargaining on behalf of the company.
(b) The worker strike against Kohler plumbing.
(c) Unfair labor practices.
(d) Communist demonstrations.
10. Whose Senate campaign did Robert Kennedy manage?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Rose Hoover.
(c) Kathleen McAllister.
(d) Margaret Eunice.
11. During the 1960s, what emerged as the primary U.S. goal with foreign relations?
(a) To support their governments.
(b) To promote democracy.
(c) To maintain regimes friendly to America.
(d) To fight for equality among all countries.
12. What discouraged Robert Kennedy during his work in the Justice Department?
(a) His inability to obtain indictments of the big players in labor and management corruption.
(b) Violation of civil rights.
(c) Death of his brother.
(d) Joe McCarthy's popularity.
13. What immigrants were not popular in the 1800s in America?
14. What disastrous incident failed miserably in Cuba and resulted in the death of numerous invading troops?
(a) Hasta Luego.
(b) Capturing the citadel.
(c) Bay of Pigs.
(d) Port de Santiago.
15. What three organizations did Robert Kennedy enlist support from?
(a) NRDC, EPA, and Security Commission.
(b) UNICEF, World Bank, and IMF.
(c) Bureau of Narcotics, IRS, and the Interstate Commerce Commission.
(d) FBI, CIA, and Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Robert Kennedy secretly negotiate a truce with that ended the Cuban missile crisis?
2. Where did Robert Kennedy research poverty?
3. What was American policy in the emerging nations of Asia and Africa?
4. In his role in the Senate Investigations Committee, what did Robert Kennedy gain a reputation for being?
5. Who was the first Black justice official appointed by the Attorney General?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)