|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy study at Harvard?
(b) Constitutional law.
(c) International business.
2. Whose Senate campaign did Robert Kennedy manage?
(a) Margaret Eunice.
(b) Rose Hoover.
(c) Kathleen McAllister.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
3. What change occurred in the Investigations Committee as a direct result of John F. Kennedy's Senate move?
(a) Herbert Hoover became president of the FBI.
(b) The Committee focused on investigations instead of prosecutions.
(c) Joe McCarthy gained popularity.
(d) Labor got along well with the government.
4. Who wanted to immediately take action to retaliate against the placement of missiles in Cuba?
5. Whose prosecution by Attorney General Robert Kennedy caused the ire of Lyndon B. Johnson?
(a) J. Vincent Keoh.
(b) Bobby Baker.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Eunice Kennedy.
6. Who was appointed ambassador to England?
(a) Patrick Fitzgerald.
(b) Rose McAllister.
(c) Edward Kennedy.
(d) Joe Kennedy.
7. What is counter-insurgency?
(a) The fight of local citizens against oppressive governments.
(b) The war efforts of underground citizens supported by the American military.
(c) Guerilla warfare.
(d) Efforts of governments in emerging countries to fight revolutionaries trying to overthrow them.
8. Who scared away most witnesses from testifying against him?
(a) Walter Reuther.
(b) Jimmy Hoffa.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Joe McCarthy.
9. Who did Robert Kennedy secretly negotiate a truce with that ended the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Stalin and Khruschev.
(b) Castro and McCarthy.
(c) Dobrynin and Bolshakov.
(d) Hoover and Castro.
10. Who did the most notorious anti-trust case to come under investigation involve?
(a) Paper mill companies.
(b) Telephone companies.
(c) Automobile workers.
(d) Six steel companies.
11. Where did Robert Kennedy research poverty?
(a) In a law firm.
(b) Urban ghettos.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the courtroom.
12. Who was President of the Teamsters Union?
(a) Joe McCarthy.
(b) Walter Reuther.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Jimmy Hoffa.
13. Who did Robert Kennedy appoint to investigate anti-trust violations?
(a) David Hackett.
(b) William Orrick.
(c) Bob Barkett.
(d) Joseph Smith.
14. What apathetic division of the Justice department did Robert Kennedy try to change?
(a) The social services division.
(b) The criminal justice division.
(c) The special services division.
(d) The anti-trust division.
15. What organizations had numerous opponents to John Kennedy's foreign policy?
(a) FBI and Justice Department.
(b) Pentagon and CIA.
(c) World Bank and IMF.
(d) NRA and CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which child of the Kennedy clan had a mental disease?
2. What did Robert Kennedy think were the two reasons for juvenile delinquency?
3. Which two governors openly defied the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education?
4. Where did Hoover get most of his information about organized crime?
5. What immigrants were not popular in the 1800s in America?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)