|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-33: The Foreign Policy Breach: Latin America; Vietnam Legacy; The Breach Widens: Vietnam; The Breach Widens: South Africa, New York.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the American government sully its reputation abroad during the 1960s?
(a) By refusing to engage in war.
(b) By offering aid to despotic governments.
(c) By refusing to compromise beliefs.
(d) By advocating democracy.
2. Who was prosecuted by the Attorney General Robert Kennedy for taking a bribe?
(a) Eunice Kennedy.
(b) J. Vincent Keoh.
(c) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(d) George Wallace.
3. What did Robert Kennedy find was a frequent result of poverty?
(a) Armed robbery.
(d) Juvenile deliquency.
4. Who had terrifying power as the head of the FBI?
(a) J. Edgar Hoover.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Walter Mondale.
5. Why was Robert Kennedy considered a reformer in America during the 1960s?
(a) For challenging the status quo.
(b) For secretly negotiating with Castro.
(c) For traveling to third-world nations.
(d) For building trains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the hated dictator in former Indochina in the 1960s?
2. Which two offices did the FBI director covertly oppose?
3. Which institution opposed the changes happening in the Justice Department?
4. What services did the model community program offer in New York?
5. What was the name of the insurgent guerrilla force in southern Vietnam in the 1960s?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)