|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-33: The Foreign Policy Breach: Latin America; Vietnam Legacy; The Breach Widens: Vietnam; The Breach Widens: South Africa, New York.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disastrous incident failed miserably in Cuba and resulted in the death of numerous invading troops?
(a) Capturing the citadel.
(b) Port de Santiago.
(c) Bay of Pigs.
(d) Hasta Luego.
2. Which institution opposed the changes happening in the Justice Department?
(a) Security Council.
3. What were the two major issues surrounding the John F. Kennedy bid for the presidency?
(a) War and anarchy.
(b) Communism and labor rights.
(c) Socialism and green economics.
(d) Catholicism and civil rights.
4. What was one of the first actions taken by the new Attorney General for the Kennedy administration?
(a) To outlaw the Confederate flag.
(b) To build bigger prisons.
(c) To put Cuban revolutionists into prison.
(d) To make the Justice Department less formal and holding meetings with virtually all employees.
5. What was the primary fear concerning these nations for Americans?
(a) That they would develop nuclear arsenal.
(b) That they would pollute the earth.
(c) That they would become Communist and controlled by Russia and China.
(d) That they would massacre innocent civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three organizations did Robert Kennedy enlist support from?
2. After the landmark anti-trust case, what distinction occurred between the two political parties?
3. ______________ was Irish, an ardent anti-Communist, and liked by the Kennedy family initially.
4. What did Robert Kennedy warn against in Latin America when Johnson became President?
5. What were two measures the Attorney General Robert Kennedy took to repair inequality in the court system?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)