|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36-38: Images; The Dilemma; the Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the hated dictator in former Indochina in the 1960s?
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
2. Who scared away most witnesses from testifying against him?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Walter Reuther.
(c) Joe McCarthy.
(d) Jimmy Hoffa.
3. What organizations had numerous opponents to John Kennedy's foreign policy?
(a) World Bank and IMF.
(b) FBI and Justice Department.
(c) NRA and CIA.
(d) Pentagon and CIA.
4. In his role in the Senate Investigations Committee, what did Robert Kennedy gain a reputation for being?
(a) A skilled and thorough investigator.
(b) A liar.
(c) A troublemaker.
(d) A wimp.
5. After the landmark anti-trust case, what distinction occurred between the two political parties?
(a) The Republican party represented business while the Democratic party represented labor.
(b) The Republican party aligned with the military while the Democratic party advocated education.
(c) The Republican party stood for white collar work while the Democratic party stood for blue collar work.
(d) The Republican party opposed civil rights legislation while the Democratic party supported it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Robert Kennedy considered a reformer in America during the 1960s?
2. What was one of Robert Kennedy's early disappointments with the Johnson administration?
3. What was a major area of contention between Hoover and Robert Kennedy?
4. What did the American public grow alarmed about in 1967?
5. Which two offices did the FBI director covertly oppose?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)