|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36-38: Images; The Dilemma; the Decision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What devastated Robert Kennedy?
(a) The creation of South Vietnam.
(b) The death of the president.
(c) The arrival of twins.
(d) The building of nuclear Iran.
2. During the 1960s, what emerged as the primary U.S. goal with foreign relations?
(a) To support their governments.
(b) To promote democracy.
(c) To maintain regimes friendly to America.
(d) To fight for equality among all countries.
3. When John Kennedy stood for reelection, what was the country enamored by?
(a) Southern Democrats.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) Southern Baptists.
(d) The New Frontier and the culture of Camelot.
4. What did Johnson want to use Robert Kennedy for?
(a) To fight the war in Vietnam.
(b) To draft civil rights legislature.
(c) To win over Southern conservatives.
(d) To win over Southern Baptists.
5. What did Robert Kennedy discover during his travel to Latin America to garner support for the Alliance for Progress?
(a) The Soviet Union was secretly overtaking many governments in Latin America.
(b) The FBI was working with the CIA to undermine the Alliance for Progress.
(c) There is a lot of Anti-American sentiment among the people of these nations.
(d) The Alliance for Progress is run by a Communist dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Kennedy think were the two reasons for juvenile delinquency?
2. Who led the United Automobile Workers (UAW)?
3. Where did many migrant workers in America during the late 1960s live?
4. What event in Wisconsin invoked the ire of Republicans?
5. How did Robert Kennedy secure the release American prisoners in the early 1960s?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)