|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-35: Time of Troubles; Tribune of the Underclass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provided the American ground troops for Vietnam?
(a) Republican party officials.
(b) America's poor.
(d) America's elite Ivy League school graduates.
2. Who began to study the migrant poor in America in the late 1960s?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) Donald Trump.
(c) Herbert Humphrey.
(d) Cesar Chavez.
3. Which issue did Robert Kennedy think posed the greatest threat facing the nation?
(a) Organized crime.
(d) Civil rights.
4. What did Robert Kennedy discover during his travel to Latin America to garner support for the Alliance for Progress?
(a) The FBI was working with the CIA to undermine the Alliance for Progress.
(b) There is a lot of Anti-American sentiment among the people of these nations.
(c) The Alliance for Progress is run by a Communist dictator.
(d) The Soviet Union was secretly overtaking many governments in Latin America.
5. Which organization worked outside the conﬁnes and control of any governmental branch or agency?
(b) Civil rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which institution opposed the changes happening in the Justice Department?
2. Where did Hoover get most of his information about organized crime?
3. What did Robert Kennedy promise to third-world countries?
4. Which two governors openly defied the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education?
5. What organization assisted in social and economic reform in Latin America and thus prevented Communist takeovers?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)