|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34-35: Time of Troubles; Tribune of the Underclass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which issue did Robert Kennedy think posed the greatest threat facing the nation?
(a) Organized crime.
(d) Civil rights.
2. What two issues did Robert Kennedy choose to address from 1963 onwards?
(a) Juvenile delinquency and crime.
(b) Destitution and rape.
(c) Murder and disenfranchisement.
(d) Poverty and civil rights.
3. Which two offices did the FBI director covertly oppose?
(a) State and municipal.
(b) National defense and civil rights.
(c) Attorney General and President.
(d) Civil unions and health care.
4. How did Hoover attempt to gain convictions of leftists?
(a) Through investigative hearings.
(b) Through hard facts.
(c) Through forced imprisonment.
(d) Through innuendos and associations.
5. What did Robert Kennedy promise to third-world countries?
(d) Puppet regimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kennedy's studies of slum squalor in America during the 1960s reveal?
2. What did Robert Kennedy call the shame of poverty?
3. What operation launched by the CIA in Cuba also met with disastrous results?
4. Who was murdered during the admittance of black students into college in Alabama?
5. Which institution opposed the changes happening in the Justice Department?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)