Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Zenia tell Roz when invited to Roz's house for a drink?
2. Who pays for Zenia's funeral in Chapter 55?
3. For whom did Roz and her mother always have to keep the boarding house clean in Chapter 42?
4. In Chapter 45, why does Roz give to so many charitable causes?
5. What does Mitch expect Roz to do when she finds out about his mistresses?
Essay Topic 1
Feminine complicity in the poor treatment of women is one of Margaret Atwood's themes in "The Robber Bride." Discuss how Zenia's actions illustrate this theme and give two additional examples from the text that do not involve Zenia.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Tony, Charis and Roz in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Several suicides and two attempted suicides occur in "The Robber Bride." Discuss Roz's attempted suicide, Charis's attempted suicide, and the suicides of Tony's father, Griff, and Roz's husband, Mitch. What motivated each of them, and what theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)