|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, what does Roz dream about?
2. In Chapter 55, what secret is revealed to Roz by Boyce and Larry?
3. Where are Zenia's ashes temporarily stored in Chapter 55?
4. When does Roz first learn of her husband's infidelity?
5. In Chapter 45, why does Roz give to so many charitable causes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Zenia give Charis about her parents.
2. Describe the power in Karen's grandmother's hands.
3. Describe Charis's life on the island with Billy before Zenia comes.
4. Why is Billy in Canada?
5. Explain how Zenia tries to blackmail Roz in Chapter 53.
6. What do the bad dreams Tony, Charis and Roz have in Chapter 50 symbolize?
7. To what do the police attribute Zenia's death, and why is there an aura of mystery about Zenia's passing?
8. As Charis prepares to confront Zenia in Chapter 52, what signs does she receive that something bad is about to happen?
9. Explain what makes Karen become Charis.
10. What does Zenia claim happened to Billy after he left Charis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several suicides and two attempted suicides occur in "The Robber Bride." Discuss Roz's attempted suicide, Charis's attempted suicide, and the suicides of Tony's father, Griff, and Roz's husband, Mitch. What motivated each of them, and what theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of West, Billy and Mitch in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character of Zenia with each of the friends she betrays: Tony, Charis, and Roz. What draws each of the women to Zenia, and what draws Zenia to each of them in return? How does Zenia tailor her claims about her childhood to each woman? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)