Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Zenia tell Roz when invited to Roz's house for a drink?
2. Who pays for Zenia's funeral in Chapter 55?
3. For whom did Roz and her mother always have to keep the boarding house clean in Chapter 42?
4. In Chapter 45, why does Roz give to so many charitable causes?
5. What does Mitch expect Roz to do when she finds out about his mistresses?
Essay Topic 1
Eggs are a recurring symbol throughout "The Robber Bride." Cite three examples of the use of this symbol and discuss what you think eggs represent in each example.
Essay Topic 2
"The Robber Bride" takes place in Canada, and the characters live through the Vietnam era and the growth of the women's movement in the 1960s. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Margaret Atwood had set the novel in the United States during the 1940s instead. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Tony, Charis and Roz in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)