|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy tell Charis that Zenia is faking?
2. When Zenia dies in Chapter 48, who commits suicide in Lake Ontario?
3. What does Harriet Bridges, the private detective, tell Roz about Larry in Chapter 52?
4. What does Roz find out about Zenia's past in Berlin and her career as a reporter?
5. Why does Zenia wear sunglasses in Chapter 31?
Essay Topic 1
Karen changes her name to Charis in the book. Discuss whether you think Karen's name change and Charis's occasional lapses back into Karen indicates a mental illness or indicates her strength in being able to cope with the terrible abuse she endures. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of West, Billy and Mitch in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Zenia runs away with West, Billy, and Mitch, bringing her three supposed friends, Tony, Charis and Roz, much pain. Is there any evidence in the text that Zenia is not all evil? Does she have any good in her or any sense of true friendship toward the women she betrays? Give at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)