Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Zenia tell Roz when invited to Roz's house for a drink?
2. Who pays for Zenia's funeral in Chapter 55?
3. For whom did Roz and her mother always have to keep the boarding house clean in Chapter 42?
4. In Chapter 45, why does Roz give to so many charitable causes?
5. What does Mitch expect Roz to do when she finds out about his mistresses?
Essay Topic 1
Karen changes her name to Charis in the book. Discuss whether you think Karen's name change and Charis's occasional lapses back into Karen indicates a mental illness or indicates her strength in being able to cope with the terrible abuse she endures. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Color is used as a symbol throughout "The Robber Bride." Discuss what each of the following examples of color as symbol represents and what they indicate about the characters who experience them: Roz's white bedroom, Zenia's black enamel apartment, the blue aura around Roz's grandmother and the red aura around Zenia at the Toxique.
Essay Topic 3
Feminine complicity in the poor treatment of women is one of Margaret Atwood's themes in "The Robber Bride." Discuss how Zenia's actions illustrate this theme and give two additional examples from the text that do not involve Zenia.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)