|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Zenia give for leaving Charis's home?
2. Why did Mitch, who is very handsome, marry Roz?
3. When Zenia dies in Chapter 48, who commits suicide in Lake Ontario?
4. What does Zenia do to WiseWomanWorld once she is placed in charge of advertising?
5. Who is the young man Charis sees with Zenia at the beginning of Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Recount what happens to Mitch after he leaves Roz for Zenia.
2. Describe Karen/Charis's relationship with her mother, Gloria.
3. Describe Zenia's rise to power at WiseWomanWorld.
4. How does Roz's husband Mitch usually get his affairs with other women to end?
5. Describe Karen/Charis's relationship with her grandmother.
6. What explanation does West gives Roz in Chapter 52 for his attraction to Zenia?
7. Describe Roz's childhood with her mother before her father's return from the war.
8. What changes occur in Roz's life after her father's return from the war.
9. What does Roz find out about Zenia through Harriet, the private detective?
10. As Charis prepares to confront Zenia in Chapter 52, what signs does she receive that something bad is about to happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Robber Bride" contains a number of instances of foreshadowing. Cite three examples of foreshadowing and how this literary method is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of West, Billy and Mitch in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
"The Robber Bride" contains a number of instances of irony. Cite three examples of irony in the novel and discuss what you think the author intends to convey with each example.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)