|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet Bridges, the private detective, tell Roz about Larry in Chapter 52?
2. In Chapter 39, what does Roz recall that her twin daughters wanted every character in their storybooks to be when they were younger?
3. At what age does Karen first meet her grandmother in Chapter 33?
4. What did Roz's mother do for a living?
5. Why does Roz feel inferior to Mitch during lunch at the beginning of Chapter 41?
Essay Topic 1
"The Robber Bride" contains a number of instances of foreshadowing. Cite three examples of foreshadowing and how this literary method is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the character of Zenia with each of the friends she betrays: Tony, Charis, and Roz. What draws each of the women to Zenia, and what draws Zenia to each of them in return? How does Zenia tailor her claims about her childhood to each woman? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of war in "The Robber Bride." Give three examples of how the theme is woven into the story and discuss why you think the author chose the imagery of war and battle for this tale. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)