|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zenia do to WiseWomanWorld once she is placed in charge of advertising?
2. What does Mitch expect Roz to do when she finds out about his mistresses?
3. How does West respond when Tony tells him he is the most interesting man she's ever known?
4. When Tony sees Zenia at the hotel in Chapter 51, which of the following is not a reason Zenia gives for faking her death?
5. Who rapes Karen in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roz's husband Mitch usually get his affairs with other women to end?
2. Why is Billy in Canada?
3. What does Roz find out about Zenia through Harriet, the private detective?
4. What story does Zenia give Charis about her parents.
5. To what do the police attribute Zenia's death, and why is there an aura of mystery about Zenia's passing?
6. What do the bad dreams Tony, Charis and Roz have in Chapter 50 symbolize?
7. Describe Charis's life on the island with Billy before Zenia comes.
8. Recount what happens to Mitch after he leaves Roz for Zenia.
9. How do Roz and Tony help Charis after Billy leaves her
10. What explanation does West gives Roz in Chapter 52 for his attraction to Zenia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zenia has affairs with three men in "The Robber Bride" and gets each of her lovers to leave his wife/girlfriend for her. Compare and contrast Zenia's relationships with West, Billy, and Mitch. Do you think she loved any of them? Which man do you think Zenia loved or wanted most? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
"The Robber Bride" contains a number of instances of foreshadowing. Cite three examples of foreshadowing and how this literary method is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Tony, Charis and Roz in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)