|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Zenia's ashes temporarily stored in Chapter 55?
2. How does Tony respond when Zenia asks to hide out at Tony's home?
3. What does Zenia claim to be when she seeks Roz's help in gaining employment at WiseWomanWorld?
4. What does Charis raise at her house on the Island?
5. What does Zenia threaten to do to Tony at the end of Chapter 51?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the power in Karen's grandmother's hands.
2. How do Roz and Tony help Charis after Billy leaves her
3. Explain how Zenia tries to blackmail Roz in Chapter 53.
4. What does Roz find out about Zenia through Harriet, the private detective?
5. Explain how Roz's father made his money.
6. Describe Karen/Charis's relationship with her grandmother.
7. Why is Billy in Canada?
8. What reason does West give in Chapter 55 for not telling Tony that Zenia called?
9. What story does Zenia give Charis about her parents.
10. What changes occur in Roz's life after her father's return from the war.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Color is used as a symbol throughout "The Robber Bride." Discuss what each of the following examples of color as symbol represents and what they indicate about the characters who experience them: Roz's white bedroom, Zenia's black enamel apartment, the blue aura around Roz's grandmother and the red aura around Zenia at the Toxique.
Essay Topic 2
Eggs are a recurring symbol throughout "The Robber Bride." Cite three examples of the use of this symbol and discuss what you think eggs represent in each example.
Essay Topic 3
Zenia runs away with West, Billy, and Mitch, bringing her three supposed friends, Tony, Charis and Roz, much pain. Is there any evidence in the text that Zenia is not all evil? Does she have any good in her or any sense of true friendship toward the women she betrays? Give at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)