Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Zenia tell Roz when invited to Roz's house for a drink?
2. Who pays for Zenia's funeral in Chapter 55?
3. For whom did Roz and her mother always have to keep the boarding house clean in Chapter 42?
4. In Chapter 45, why does Roz give to so many charitable causes?
5. What does Mitch expect Roz to do when she finds out about his mistresses?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the character of Zenia with each of the friends she betrays: Tony, Charis, and Roz. What draws each of the women to Zenia, and what draws Zenia to each of them in return? How does Zenia tailor her claims about her childhood to each woman? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of gender role reversal in "The Robber Bride." Give examples of how each of the following characters exhibits atypical role behavior for his or her gender in the novel: Boyce, Charis, Tony, and Roz. What do you think Margaret Atwood is trying to say about the role of women in society through these examples of gender role reversal? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Zenia runs away with West, Billy, and Mitch, bringing her three supposed friends, Tony, Charis and Roz, much pain. Is there any evidence in the text that Zenia is not all evil? Does she have any good in her or any sense of true friendship toward the women she betrays? Give at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)