|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mitch, who is very handsome, marry Roz?
2. When Charis follows Zenia and her male companion in a cab in Chapter 28, where do they end up going?
3. In Chapter 50, what does Tony dream of?
4. When Karen is sent to live with Aunt Vi, what does her grandmother give her?
5. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 48 with sleeping pills and scotch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zenia runs away with West, Billy, and Mitch, bringing her three supposed friends, Tony, Charis and Roz, much pain. Is there any evidence in the text that Zenia is not all evil? Does she have any good in her or any sense of true friendship toward the women she betrays? Give at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Feminine complicity in the poor treatment of women is one of Margaret Atwood's themes in "The Robber Bride." Discuss how Zenia's actions illustrate this theme and give two additional examples from the text that do not involve Zenia.
Essay Topic 3
Larry, Roz's son, is gay. Discuss how his conflict over his role in society affects him and compare and contrast his experience with his mother's conflict over her role in society. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)