|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what changes does Shanita tell Charis that she is going to make to the shop because of the recession?
2. What does West do when Zenia returns after he has married Tony?
3. In Chapter 5, what do Tony, Roz and Charis talk about when they lunch together?
4. The shop at which Charis works sells what kind of things?
5. At Zenia's funeral in Chapter 3, who feels relieved that Zenia is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is revealed about Tony in Chapter 1?
2. Describe Charis's relationship with Shanita.
3. What evidence in the final chapters indicates that Tony, Roz, and Charis no longer consider Zenia an enemy?
4. In Chapter 1, who is the antagonist of the story and what helps identify that character as the villain?
5. In her undergraduate days, what was Tony's relationship with the Common room girls at McClung Hall?
6. What does Zenia claim happened to Billy after he left Charis?
7. Recount what happens to Mitch after he leaves Roz for Zenia.
8. What reason does West give in Chapter 55 for not telling Tony that Zenia called?
9. What do the bad dreams Tony, Charis and Roz have in Chapter 50 symbolize?
10. How do Roz and Tony help Charis after Billy leaves her
Essay Topic 1
Zenia has affairs with three men in "The Robber Bride" and gets each of her lovers to leave his wife/girlfriend for her. Compare and contrast Zenia's relationships with West, Billy, and Mitch. Do you think she loved any of them? Which man do you think Zenia loved or wanted most? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Eggs are a recurring symbol throughout "The Robber Bride." Cite three examples of the use of this symbol and discuss what you think eggs represent in each example.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Tony, Charis and Roz in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,805 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)