|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Tony's relationship with West at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. What was Charis's name before she changed it to Charis?
3. When Zenia asks Tony in Chapter 19 what her passion is, how does Tony respond?
4. With whom does Tony have lunch at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What does Tony say in Chapter 1 that Zenia both enjoyed and created?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what has made Tony, Charis, and Roz friends.
2. What is Charis's relationship with her daughter, Augusta?
3. Explain why Tony feels insecure about West after learning Zenia is still alive.
4. Describe Tony's sand table and the game she plays on it.
5. Describe Roz's feelings about her wealth.
6. Why does Tony think of McClung Hall as a haven?
7. Explain what tale Zenia gives Tony about her childhood and mother.
8. Explain Roz's relationship with Boyce.
9. Why is Tony a suitable narrator/chronicler of Zenia's story?
10. Why isn't Tony sure which of Zenia's accounts of herself are true?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eggs are a recurring symbol throughout "The Robber Bride." Cite three examples of the use of this symbol and discuss what you think eggs represent in each example.
Essay Topic 2
"The Robber Bride" contains a number of instances of irony. Cite three examples of irony in the novel and discuss what you think the author intends to convey with each example.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Tony, Charis and Roz in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)