|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shop at which Charis works?
2. What does Tony tell Zenia about in Chapter 21 that she has never told anyone else about?
3. At Zenia's funeral in Chapter 3, who feels relieved that Zenia is dead?
4. Over what lake does a breeze blow at the end of Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 1, to whom does Tony say that history is a construct?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charis's relationship with Shanita.
2. Why does Tony think of McClung Hall as a haven?
3. In her undergraduate days, what was Tony's relationship with the Common room girls at McClung Hall?
4. Explain Roz's relationship with Boyce.
5. How does Zenia use Tony in Chapter 25?
6. Describe Tony's sand table and the game she plays on it.
7. In Chapter 1, what does Tony teacher her students that history is?
8. Explain what has made Tony, Charis, and Roz friends.
9. Why does Tony pick October 23, 1990 as the date on which to begin Zenia's story?
10. Describe Roz's feelings about her wealth.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of West, Billy and Mitch in "The Robber Bride." Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Zenia has affairs with three men in "The Robber Bride" and gets each of her lovers to leave his wife/girlfriend for her. Compare and contrast Zenia's relationships with West, Billy, and Mitch. Do you think she loved any of them? Which man do you think Zenia loved or wanted most? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Motherhood is one of the themes in "The Robber Bride." Compare and contrast Tony's mother, Roz's mother, and Charis's mother and discuss how their mothering affects their daughters' lives. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)