|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 45, why does Roz give to so many charitable causes?
(a) To honor her parents.
(b) To ease her guilty feelings about being rich.
(c) To earn Mitch's good will.
(d) To compensate for the dirty sources of her father's money.
2. Where do Tony, Charis and Roz meet for dinner at the beginning of Chapter 51?
(a) The university cafeteria.
(b) The Toxique.
(c) The local deli.
(d) Roz's house.
3. In Chapter 51, what important project does Zenia claim to be involved in when she meets with Tony?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) The next space shuttle mission.
(c) Project Babylon, the supergun for Iraq.
(d) An assassination attempt on the U.S. president.
4. In Chapter 44, what does Roz decide to be when she realizes she will never be prettier, daintier, thinner, sexier, or harder to impress than the girls at her new school?
(a) Smarter, funnier, and richer.
(b) More Jewish.
(c) More Catholic.
(d) More artistic.
5. Where does Zenia end up living at the end of Chapter 31?
(a) With Charis and Billy.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On the street.
(d) At the yoga school.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Roz and her mother always have to keep the boarding house clean in Chapter 42?
2. Why does Zenia wear sunglasses in Chapter 31?
3. How does Karen react when she is being raped?
4. What rare invitation does Mitch offer Roz at the end of Chapter 40?
5. In Chapter 52, which of the following is not something Zenia claims has happened to Billy since he left Charis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes occur in Roz's life after her father's return from the war.
2. What do the bad dreams Tony, Charis and Roz have in Chapter 50 symbolize?
3. What reason does West give in Chapter 55 for not telling Tony that Zenia called?
4. The story with which Zenia tries to blackmail Roz in Chapter 53 is another of Zenia's many lies. Explain Zenia's real relationship with Larry.
5. Explain how Zenia tries to blackmail Roz in Chapter 53.
6. Describe Zenia's rise to power at WiseWomanWorld.
7. Why is Billy in Canada?
8. To what do the police attribute Zenia's death, and why is there an aura of mystery about Zenia's passing?
9. What explanation does West gives Roz in Chapter 52 for his attraction to Zenia?
10. Describe Roz's childhood with her mother before her father's return from the war.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)