|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 50, what does Roz dream about?
(b) Her mother and father.
(c) An abandoned and empty house, and a man who is Zenia.
(d) Her children.
2. What kind of work does Charis do in Chapter 29?
(a) Sells shoes.
(b) Is a realtor.
(c) Teaches yoga and works at a food co-op.
(d) Gives psychic readings.
3. How did Charis and Zenia originally meet?
(a) They were once neighbors.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They were once coworkers.
(d) They both lived in McClung Hall as university students.
4. When Tony sees Zenia at the hotel in Chapter 51, which of the following is not a reason Zenia gives for faking her death?
(a) Irish arms dealers she conned were looking for her.
(b) She needed to disappear.
(c) The mob was after her.
(d) Mitch was following her and making her life hell.
5. When Zenia dies in Chapter 48, who commits suicide in Lake Ontario?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Zenia give for leaving Charis's home?
2. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 48 with sleeping pills and scotch?
3. When Shanita reads the Tarot for Charis in Chapter 52, what does she foretell?
4. In Chapter 44, what does Roz decide to be when she realizes she will never be prettier, daintier, thinner, sexier, or harder to impress than the girls at her new school?
5. Where are Zenia's ashes temporarily stored in Chapter 55?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what do the police attribute Zenia's death, and why is there an aura of mystery about Zenia's passing?
2. Explain how Roz's father made his money.
3. Describe Zenia's rise to power at WiseWomanWorld.
4. What explanation does West gives Roz in Chapter 52 for his attraction to Zenia?
5. Explain how Zenia tries to blackmail Roz in Chapter 53.
6. Describe Charis's life on the island with Billy before Zenia comes.
7. What do the bad dreams Tony, Charis and Roz have in Chapter 50 symbolize?
8. Recount what happens to Mitch after he leaves Roz for Zenia.
9. How does Roz's husband Mitch usually get his affairs with other women to end?
10. Why is Billy in Canada?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)