|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony take with her to the Arnold Garden Hotel in Chapter 51 for a confrontation with Zenia?
(a) A letter from West.
(b) Her father's Luger and a cordless drill.
(c) A knife.
(d) Money to pay Zenia to leave town.
2. How does Karen react when she is being raped?
(a) She disassociates from her body.
(b) She becomes catatonic.
(c) She wants to kill herself.
(d) She passes out.
3. When Zenia dies in Chapter 48, who commits suicide in Lake Ontario?
4. In Chapter 39, what does Roz recall that her twin daughters wanted every character in their storybooks to be when they were younger?
5. Who asserts herself inside Charis's mind again once Billy starts ignoring Charis in bed?
(d) Karen's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roz feel inferior to Mitch during lunch at the beginning of Chapter 41?
2. Where does Zenia end up living at the end of Chapter 31?
3. When Shanita reads the Tarot for Charis in Chapter 52, what does she foretell?
4. What does West tell Tony in Chapter 51 that Zenia told him when she dumped him?
5. Who is the young man Charis sees with Zenia at the beginning of Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Zenia give Roz about Roz's father's heroism?
2. Recount what happens to Mitch after he leaves Roz for Zenia.
3. Describe the power in Karen's grandmother's hands.
4. Describe Karen/Charis's relationship with her mother, Gloria.
5. Describe Charis's life on the island with Billy before Zenia comes.
6. What do the bad dreams Tony, Charis and Roz have in Chapter 50 symbolize?
7. Describe Zenia's rise to power at WiseWomanWorld.
8. As Charis prepares to confront Zenia in Chapter 52, what signs does she receive that something bad is about to happen?
9. To what do the police attribute Zenia's death, and why is there an aura of mystery about Zenia's passing?
10. Describe Karen/Charis's relationship with her grandmother.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)