|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zenia move in with in Chapter 47?
2. Why does Karen's mother, Gloria, send Karen to live with her grandmother?
(a) Gloria can no longer afford a child.
(b) Gloria is homeless.
(c) Gloria needs time off to rest her nerves.
(d) Gloria is on drugs.
3. What were the boarders in Roz's mother's boarding house not allowed to do in Chapter 42?
(a) Miss their rent payments.
(b) Cook their own food.
(c) Smoke or drink or make a mess.
4. What does Harriet Bridges, the private detective, tell Roz about Larry in Chapter 52?
(a) He's gay.
(b) He's on drugs.
(c) He's been seen in Zenia's hotel room on a near-daily basis.
(d) He's having an affair with Charis.
5. In Chapter 39, what does Roz recall that her twin daughters wanted every character in their storybooks to be when they were younger?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zenia dies in Chapter 48, who commits suicide in Lake Ontario?
2. What does Mitch expect Roz to do when she finds out about his mistresses?
3. When Shanita reads the Tarot for Charis in Chapter 52, what does she foretell?
4. What kind of work does Charis do in Chapter 29?
5. What did Roz's mother do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Billy in Canada?
2. How does Roz's husband Mitch usually get his affairs with other women to end?
3. Describe Roz's childhood with her mother before her father's return from the war.
4. To what do the police attribute Zenia's death, and why is there an aura of mystery about Zenia's passing?
5. Describe Zenia's rise to power at WiseWomanWorld.
6. Explain how Zenia tries to blackmail Roz in Chapter 53.
7. The story with which Zenia tries to blackmail Roz in Chapter 53 is another of Zenia's many lies. Explain Zenia's real relationship with Larry.
8. What changes occur in Roz's life after her father's return from the war.
9. Describe Karen/Charis's relationship with her grandmother.
10. What explanation does West gives Roz in Chapter 52 for his attraction to Zenia?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)