|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony tell Zenia about in Chapter 21 that she has never told anyone else about?
(a) Her love for a history professor.
(b) Her need for money.
(c) Her fear of failing out of college.
(d) Her mother and her childhood.
2. Which of the following statements is not true about Anthea's relationship with Tony after she leaves Tony's father?
(a) She sends clothes that are either too large or too small.
(b) She sees Tony every summer.
(c) She talks of having Tony visit for holidays but never does.
(d) She sends belated birthday cards and photos of herself.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Charis's pendulum do when she asks it if she will have a good day?
(a) Stops dead.
(b) Swings in a circular motion, indicating yes.
(c) Swings side to side, meaning no.
(d) Breaks off its chain.
4. How does Anthea die in Chapter 23?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) An accidental drowning.
(d) A drug overdose.
5. Who is the narrator in the first chapter of "The Robber Bride"?
Short Answer Questions
1. If Tony can understand the person she thinks is a puzzle and knot, what does she hope will happen?
2. Who taught Tony to make a cup of tea?
3. Why does Charis go to the Kafay Nwar in Chapter 11?
4. At the end of Chapter 1, where does Tony have lunch?
5. Who does Tony say in Chapter 1 "was a bad business, and should be left alone"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Tony teacher her students that history is?
2. Why does Tony think Zenia created turbulence, and why does Tony feel compelled to understand Zenia's motivations?
3. Explain Charis's psychic abilities.
4. Describe Roz's feelings about her wealth.
5. Describe the memorial service for Zenia after her supposed death in Lebanon.
6. In her undergraduate days, what was Tony's relationship with the Common room girls at McClung Hall?
7. What is Charis's relationship with her daughter, Augusta?
8. Describe Radiance.
9. Explain the significance of Tony's lace-edged collars being mentioned in Chapter 1 alongside a mention of Tony's interest in wars.
10. Explain what tale Zenia gives Tony about her childhood and mother.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)