|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is the topic of what Tony describes as one of her more convoluted lectures?
(a) The Italian Renaissance.
(b) The dynamics of spontaneous massacres.
(c) French colonialism.
(d) The English Regency.
2. Who reverses words and thinks and writes them backwards?
3. Which of the following women was the first to befriend Zenia?
4. In Chapter 5, what do Tony, Roz and Charis talk about when they lunch together?
5. What is Tony's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about the tale Zenia tells Tony of her own mother and childhood?
2. At the end of Chapter 27, who does Tony want to protect from Zenia?
3. Why does Charis go to the Kafay Nwar in Chapter 11?
4. What kind of collars does Tony wear in Chapter 1?
5. What was Charis's name before she changed it to Charis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zenia use Tony in Chapter 25?
2. What information is revealed about Tony in Chapter 1?
3. Describe Charis's relationship with Shanita.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Tony teacher her students that history is?
5. Why does Tony think of McClung Hall as a haven?
6. In her undergraduate days, what was Tony's relationship with the Common room girls at McClung Hall?
7. Explain what has made Tony, Charis, and Roz friends.
8. Explain Roz's relationship with Boyce.
9. Describe Roz's feelings about her wealth.
10. Describe the memorial service for Zenia after her supposed death in Lebanon.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)