|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zenia start borrowing from Tony in Chapter 25?
(a) Her textbooks.
(b) Her car.
2. Which of the following women was the first to befriend Zenia?
3. In Chapter 2, who is still in Tony's life "Despite everything, despite Zenia"?
4. The shop at which Charis works sells what kind of things?
(c) New age knickknacks.
5. What date does Tony decide to use as the starting point for Zenia's story?
(a) January 15, 1959.
(b) October 23, 1990.
(c) July 4, 2000.
(d) December 25, 1995.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Tony have lunch at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What domestic metaphor does Tony use in her lecture in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Tony think would enjoy the contradictory images in her lecture in Chapter 1?
4. Where are Zenia's ashes interred in Chapter 3?
5. How many children does Roz have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of Tony's lace-edged collars being mentioned in Chapter 1 alongside a mention of Tony's interest in wars.
2. Describe Radiance.
3. Describe Charis's relationship with Shanita.
4. Explain Roz's relationship with Boyce.
5. Explain why Tony feels insecure about West after learning Zenia is still alive.
6. In her undergraduate days, what was Tony's relationship with the Common room girls at McClung Hall?
7. What information is revealed about Tony in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Tony think of McClung Hall as a haven?
9. Explain the black enamel paint in Zenia and West's apartment in Chapter 19.
10. In Chapter 1, what does Tony's statement that the place where Zenia began must have been "someplace bruised, and very tangled" indicate about Zenia's character?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)