|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What domestic metaphor does Tony use in her lecture in Chapter 1?
(d) Weaving or knitting and sewing scissors.
2. Which of the following is not a trait Roz likes about her homosexual male assistant, Boyce?
(a) He reports all the office gossip to her.
(b) He is gentlemanly, intelligent and loyal.
(c) He fetches and carries for her as female employees don't.
(d) He respects corporate hierarchy.
3. Shanita is the owner of the shop where Charis works. What is she like?
(a) Rude and unpleasant.
(b) Smart, practical and psychic.
(c) Sexy and seductive.
(d) Warm and maternal.
4. What does Tony believe has helped her gain acceptance in the traditionally male field of the study of the history of warfare?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her tiny size.
(c) Her brilliant doctoral dissertation.
(d) Her great intellect.
5. The shop at which Charis works sells what kind of things?
(d) New age knickknacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Shanita tell Charis that the stopping of Charis's pendulum signifies?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what has been erased, bandaged over and deliberately snarled?
3. In Chapter 3, Tony recalls that Zenia's memorial service was held how long ago?
4. In Chapter 17, what does Tony have in her basement that she uses for a personal game?
5. What was McClung Hall before it became an office building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Were Tony's parents happily married?
2. Explain what tale Zenia gives Tony about her childhood and mother.
3. In her undergraduate days, what was Tony's relationship with the Common room girls at McClung Hall?
4. Describe Tony's sand table and the game she plays on it.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Tony teacher her students that history is?
6. Explain what has made Tony, Charis, and Roz friends.
7. What information is revealed about Tony in Chapter 1?
8. Why isn't Tony sure which of Zenia's accounts of herself are true?
9. What is Charis's relationship with her daughter, Augusta?
10. Explain Roz's relationship with Boyce.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)