|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mitch, who is very handsome, marry Roz?
(a) For her father's money.
(b) To merge their family businesses.
(c) He loved her.
(d) They had a lot in common, including religion.
2. What does West tell Tony in Chapter 51 that Zenia told him when she dumped him?
(a) That she had another lover.
(b) That he was boring.
(c) That Tony needed him more than she did.
(d) That she didn't love him.
3. In Chapter 51, what does West tell Tony that Zenia said to attract him?
(a) That she was frigid because a priest sexually abused her.
(b) That she loved him.
(c) That she was lonely.
(d) That she knew more about sex than Tony.
4. In Chapter 50, what does Charis see through Zenia's eyes in the astral realm?
(a) Dead chickens.
(b) The ferry to the island.
(c) Billy looking like raw meat.
(d) Zenia's dead mother.
5. When does Roz first learn of her husband's infidelity?
(a) On her honeymoon.
(b) On her wedding day.
(c) When she's pregnant with her first child.
(d) During her engagement.
6. Who does Zenia move in with in Chapter 47?
7. Who is the young man Charis sees with Zenia at the beginning of Chapter 28?
(b) Roz's son, Larry.
8. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 48 with sleeping pills and scotch?
9. How does West respond when Tony tells him he is the most interesting man she's ever known?
(a) He tells her he loves Zenia more than her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He says he wants a divorce.
(d) He says he loves her much more than he ever loved Zenia.
10. In Chapter 55, what secret is revealed to Roz by Boyce and Larry?
(a) That Boyce has been embezzling money from Roz.
(b) That Zenia killed Mitch.
(c) That Larry is gay, and Boyce is his lover.
(d) That Larry is a drug addict.
11. In Chapter 52, which of the following is not something Zenia claims has happened to Billy since he left Charis?
(a) He testified against his fellow conspirators.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He got a full pardon and new identity.
(d) He became a fat, bald LSD addict.
12. What rare invitation does Mitch offer Roz at the end of Chapter 40?
(a) An invitation to make love.
(b) An invitation to lunch.
(c) An invitation to go sailing.
(d) An invitation to fly to Paris.
13. What does Charis raise at her house on the Island?
14. Why does Zenia wear sunglasses in Chapter 31?
(a) She has an eye infection.
(b) She has a black eye.
(c) Her eyes are sensitive to sunlight.
(d) She wants to be stylish.
15. In Chapter 51, Tony and her dinner companions have each seen who that day?
(a) The town mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, what does Roz dream about?
2. How does Karen react when she is being raped?
3. How does Tony respond when Zenia asks to hide out at Tony's home?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 40, Roz suspects her husband, Mitch, is doing what?
5. In Chapter 30, what crime does Billy tell Charis that he has accidentally committed?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)