|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Charis obtain Zenia's hotel room number in Chapter 52?
(b) The hotel staff.
(d) Roz's son, Larry.
2. In Chapter 39, what does Roz recall that her twin daughters wanted every character in their storybooks to be when they were younger?
3. What kind of work does Charis do in Chapter 29?
(a) Gives psychic readings.
(b) Sells shoes.
(c) Is a realtor.
(d) Teaches yoga and works at a food co-op.
4. What does Zenia claim to be dying of when she meets Charis in Chapter 52?
5. In Chapter 45, why does Roz give to so many charitable causes?
(a) To earn Mitch's good will.
(b) To compensate for the dirty sources of her father's money.
(c) To honor her parents.
(d) To ease her guilty feelings about being rich.
6. In Chapter 50, what does Roz dream about?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Her children.
(d) An abandoned and empty house, and a man who is Zenia.
7. Who does Zenia move in with in Chapter 47?
8. Why does Roz feel inferior to Mitch during lunch at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) She feels less capable in business matters.
(b) She feels poorer than him.
(c) She feels less educated than him.
(d) His family has a pedigree and hers does not.
9. At what age does Karen first meet her grandmother in Chapter 33?
10. When Karen is sent to live with Aunt Vi, what does her grandmother give her?
(a) A new wardrobe.
(b) A wishbone.
(c) A necklace.
11. When Shanita reads the Tarot for Charis in Chapter 52, what does she foretell?
(a) Prosperity for Charis.
(b) A death.
(c) Bad luck for Charis.
(d) A marriage.
12. When Tony sees Zenia at the hotel in Chapter 51, which of the following is not a reason Zenia gives for faking her death?
(a) The mob was after her.
(b) Mitch was following her and making her life hell.
(c) She needed to disappear.
(d) Irish arms dealers she conned were looking for her.
13. Who is the young man Charis sees with Zenia at the beginning of Chapter 28?
(d) Roz's son, Larry.
14. What does Billy tell Charis that Zenia is faking?
(a) Her affection for Charis.
(b) Her family background.
(c) Her cancer.
(d) Her financial need.
15. Who helps Charis when her baby is born at the end of Chapter 38?
(c) Tony and Roz.
(d) Aunt Vi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what crime does Billy tell Charis that he has accidentally committed?
2. What reason does Zenia give Roz for Larry's visits to Zenia's hotel room?
3. When Zenia dies in Chapter 48, who commits suicide in Lake Ontario?
4. What brings Billy to Canada from the United States in Chapter 30?
5. In Chapter 51, Tony and her dinner companions have each seen who that day?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)