|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zenia claim to be dying of when she meets Charis in Chapter 52?
2. Who pays for Zenia's funeral in Chapter 55?
3. How does West respond when Tony tells him he is the most interesting man she's ever known?
(a) He says he wants a divorce.
(b) He tells her he loves Zenia more than her.
(c) He cries.
(d) He says he loves her much more than he ever loved Zenia.
4. What does Zenia do to WiseWomanWorld once she is placed in charge of advertising?
(a) Changes its name and direction.
(b) Doubles the size of the magazine.
(c) Bankrupts it.
(d) Increases its feminist tone.
5. Who helps Charis when her baby is born at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) Tony and Roz.
(b) Aunt Vi.
6. What kind of work does Charis do in Chapter 29?
(a) Is a realtor.
(b) Gives psychic readings.
(c) Teaches yoga and works at a food co-op.
(d) Sells shoes.
7. What does Zenia claim to be when she seeks Roz's help in gaining employment at WiseWomanWorld?
(a) A journalist.
(b) An editor.
(c) A photographer.
(d) A teacher.
8. When does Roz first learn of her husband's infidelity?
(a) On her wedding day.
(b) On her honeymoon.
(c) During her engagement.
(d) When she's pregnant with her first child.
9. Why does Zenia wear sunglasses in Chapter 31?
(a) Her eyes are sensitive to sunlight.
(b) She has a black eye.
(c) She has an eye infection.
(d) She wants to be stylish.
10. What does Charis raise at her house on the Island?
11. In Chapter 30, what crime does Billy tell Charis that he has accidentally committed?
(a) He's blown up some people.
(b) He stabbed a man in a fight.
(c) He embezzled money from his employers.
(d) He's robbed a liquor store.
12. Which of these signs is not a reason Roz suspects Mitch is having another affair?
(a) Mitch offers unasked for excuses for his behavior.
(b) Mitch becomes more attentive to Roz.
(c) Mitch has lipstick on his collar.
(d) Mitch uses aftershave on his groin.
13. What vision does Charis have when staring into a candle flame in Chapter 54?
(a) That Zenia is dead.
(b) That Augusta is going to get married.
(c) That Zenia is pregnant.
(d) That Billy is about to return to her.
14. What does Harriet Bridges, the private detective, tell Roz about Larry in Chapter 52?
(a) He's having an affair with Charis.
(b) He's been seen in Zenia's hotel room on a near-daily basis.
(c) He's on drugs.
(d) He's gay.
15. What happens to Karen's inheritance from her grandmother?
(a) Karen gets it at age 21.
(b) The bank loses it in poor investments.
(c) Her uncle doubles its worth through wise investments.
(d) Her aunt and uncle steal it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asserts herself inside Charis's mind again once Billy starts ignoring Charis in bed?
2. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 48 with sleeping pills and scotch?
3. Why does Karen's mother, Gloria, send Karen to live with her grandmother?
4. How did Charis and Zenia originally meet?
5. In Chapter 50, what does Tony dream of?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)