|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of collars does Tony wear in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 3, Tony recalls that Zenia's memorial service was held how long ago?
(a) A week earlier.
(b) Five years earlier.
(c) Two years earlier.
(d) Ten days earlier.
3. The shop at which Charis works sells what kind of things?
(d) New age knickknacks.
4. What does Tony believe has helped her gain acceptance in the traditionally male field of the study of the history of warfare?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her brilliant doctoral dissertation.
(c) Her tiny size.
(d) Her great intellect.
5. Where are Zenia's ashes interred in Chapter 3?
(a) In Lebanon, where Zenia was killed.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) Under a tree at the cemetery.
(d) In a public park.
6. As Charis boards the ferry at the end of Chapter 8, whose departure does she recall?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what does Tony equate to a European print in which "something ordinary but horrifying is taking place"?
(a) Zenia's beginning.
(b) Zenia's family.
(c) Tony's own art work.
(d) Tony's marriage.
8. In Chapter 19, how are the walls of West's apartment painted when Tony goes there for a party?
(a) Red and pink spray paint.
(b) Neon green paint.
(c) Glossy black enamel.
(d) Silver glitter and purple paint.
9. Over what lake does a breeze blow at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Lake Ontario.
(b) Lake Michigan.
(c) Lake Erie.
(d) Lake Ponchartrain.
10. Who is the antagonist in Chapter 1?
11. In Chapter 9, what changes does Shanita tell Charis that she is going to make to the shop because of the recession?
(a) Extending the hours it's open.
(b) Changing its name to "Scrimpers" and selling cheap things.
(c) Reducing the hours it's open.
(d) Adding tea and refreshments to the products they sell.
12. What is the name of the shop at which Charis works?
(a) La Magnifique.
(b) Crystal Palace.
13. What is the weather like on the day Tony decides to use as the starting point for Zenia's story?
(a) Cold and snowy.
(d) Bright and clear and unseasonably warm.
14. How does Tony's father, Griff, behave in Chapter 23 once his wife leaves him?
(a) He is a lot happier and remarries.
(b) He leaves Tony in the care of relatives.
(c) He becomes drunk and depressed.
(d) He starts beating Tony.
15. What color is Roz's bedroom at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests Tony more than births and deaths and marriages?
2. In Chapter 22, who was an English war bride?
3. Which of the following is not a result of Zenia's friendship with Tony in Chapter 20?
4. What evidence tells Tony that West knows about Zenia's death?
5. Who reverses words and thinks and writes them backwards?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)