|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 27, who does Tony want to protect from Zenia?
2. In Chapter 17, when Tony sneaks out of bed without waking West, what is she working on instead of her lecture for the Society of Military Historiographers?
(a) The problem of Zenia.
(b) A Christmas present for West.
(c) A love letter to another man.
(d) A dear John letter in preparation for leaving West.
3. Which of the following women was the first to befriend Zenia?
4. What date does Tony decide to use as the starting point for Zenia's story?
(a) January 15, 1959.
(b) July 4, 2000.
(c) December 25, 1995.
(d) October 23, 1990.
5. Over what lake does a breeze blow at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Lake Ponchartrain.
(b) Lake Ontario.
(c) Lake Michigan.
(d) Lake Erie.
6. What is Tony's profession?
7. What interests Tony more than births and deaths and marriages?
8. What event is not happening on the day Tony decides to use as the starting point for Zenia's story?
(a) The Soviet bloc is crumbling.
(b) There's trouble in the Gulf.
(c) A new U.S. president is being elected.
(d) A large hole has developed in the ozone layer.
9. Which of the following statements is not true about Anthea's relationship with Tony after she leaves Tony's father?
(a) She talks of having Tony visit for holidays but never does.
(b) She sends clothes that are either too large or too small.
(c) She sees Tony every summer.
(d) She sends belated birthday cards and photos of herself.
10. Who taught Tony to make a cup of tea?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
11. Who does Tony describe in Chapter 1 as "a puzzle, a knot"?
12. In Chapter 8, for whom does Charis mistake her daughter Augusta when she appears unexpectedly at Charis's back door?
13. Who does Tony say in Chapter 1 "was a bad business, and should be left alone"?
14. In Chapter 18, whose ashes does Tony keep in a canister in her dormitory room closet?
(a) Her grandmother's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
15. As Charis boards the ferry at the end of Chapter 8, whose departure does she recall?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a result of Zenia's friendship with Tony in Chapter 20?
2. Which of the following is not true about Tony's relationship with West at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, where does Tony have lunch?
4. In Chapter 3, Tony recalls that Zenia's memorial service was held how long ago?
5. In Chapter 15, what evidence tells Roz her son Larry has been to the Toxique?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)