|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is West's profession?
(a) He is a musicologist.
(b) He is a poet.
(c) He is a car salesman.
(d) He is a minister.
2. What domestic metaphor does Tony use in her lecture in Chapter 1?
(d) Weaving or knitting and sewing scissors.
3. At Zenia's funeral in Chapter 3, who feels relieved that Zenia is dead?
(b) Zenia's lawyer.
(c) Tony, Roz and Charis.
4. What color is Roz's bedroom at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 5, what do Tony, Roz and Charis talk about when they lunch together?
6. What does Tony tell Zenia about in Chapter 21 that she has never told anyone else about?
(a) Her fear of failing out of college.
(b) Her need for money.
(c) Her mother and her childhood.
(d) Her love for a history professor.
7. In Chapter 2, who is still in Tony's life "Despite everything, despite Zenia"?
8. What date does Tony decide to use as the starting point for Zenia's story?
(a) January 15, 1959.
(b) October 23, 1990.
(c) July 4, 2000.
(d) December 25, 1995.
9. In Chapter 10, why does Charis ask the waitress at Toxique for a corner table near the mirror?
(a) Charis likes to see who's approaching her.
(b) Charis likes the view from that table.
(c) Charis is vain and likes to look at her own reflection.
(d) Mirrors deflect negative energy.
10. When Tony's mother leaves at the end of Chapter 22, what present does she leave Tony?
(a) A dress two sizes too large for Tony.
(b) A doll.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A photo album.
11. What does West do when Zenia returns after he has married Tony?
(a) Tells Zenia to leave him alone.
(b) Leaves his wife to be with Zenia again.
(c) Tells Zenia and his wife that he loves Roz.
(d) Tells Zenia he never really loved her.
12. What does Roz do when she learns Zenia is still alive?
(a) Asks Boyce to find out where Zenia is staying.
(b) Confronts Zenia in the Toxique parking lot.
(c) Sends Zenia flowers.
(d) Hires private detective Harriet Bridges to follow Zenia.
13. The shop at which Charis works sells what kind of things?
(c) New age knickknacks.
14. In Chapter 22, who was an English war bride?
(c) Tony's mother, Anthea.
15. What is Tony's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Zenia leaves him in Chapter 26, to whom does West turn for comfort and eventually marry?
2. Who says in Chapter 1 that "A disaster is a disaster; those hurt by it remain hurt, those killed remain killed, the rubble remains rubble"?
3. What unethical thing does Zenia ask Tony to do for her in Chapter 25?
4. What nickname does Tony's mother, Anthea, give Tony as an infant?
5. How does Tony's father, Griff, behave in Chapter 23 once his wife leaves him?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)