Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Onset, Chapter 1
1. In Chapter 1, who is the antagonist of the story and what helps identify that character as the villain?
2. Why is Tony a suitable narrator/chronicler of Zenia's story?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Tony's statement that the place where Zenia began must have been "someplace bruised, and very tangled" indicate about Zenia's character?
4. Why isn't Tony sure which of Zenia's accounts of herself are true?
5. If Zenia is such bad business, why does Tony want to unravel the knot of Zenia and...
This section contains 804 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)