|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black Enamel, Chapters 17-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tony's father, Griff, behave in Chapter 23 once his wife leaves him?
(a) He becomes drunk and depressed.
(b) He leaves Tony in the care of relatives.
(c) He starts beating Tony.
(d) He is a lot happier and remarries.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Tony say comes unraveled if you "pick any strand and snip"?
(b) Roz's knitting.
(c) Tony's life.
(d) Zenia's love for West.
3. In Chapter 14, why does Roz take the Benz rather than the Rolls to the office?
(a) The Benz is her lucky car.
(b) She thinks the Rolls is ostentatious.
(c) The Rolls has a flat tire.
(d) The Rolls needs a brake job.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Tony like to see on the faces of her listeners when she gives her lectures?
5. Which of the following is not a result of Zenia's friendship with Tony in Chapter 20?
(a) Zenia learns Tony's life story.
(b) The theater crowd accepts Tony's presence.
(c) Tony starts dating lots of men.
(d) The Common Room girls stop treating Tony as a pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of collars does Tony wear in Chapter 1?
2. What does Tony say near the end of Chapter 1 about beginning and ending points in the study of history?
3. Who says in Chapter 1 that "A disaster is a disaster; those hurt by it remain hurt, those killed remain killed, the rubble remains rubble"?
4. Who does Tony describe in Chapter 1 as "a puzzle, a knot"?
5. In Chapter 2, who is still in Tony's life "Despite everything, despite Zenia"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)