|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black Enamel, Chapters 17-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unethical thing does Zenia ask Tony to do for her in Chapter 25?
(a) Write a term paper for her.
(b) Cheat on an exam.
(c) Lie about Roz to the other girls in McClunt Hall.
(d) Forge a check.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Shanita tell Charis that the stopping of Charis's pendulum signifies?
(a) A new romance is in Charis's future.
(b) It's a warning, a bad omen.
(c) Good luck.
3. In Chapter 15, what evidence tells Roz her son Larry has been to the Toxique?
(a) Seeing him there when she lunches with Tony and Charis.
(b) A Toxique menu on his desk.
(c) A Toxique matchbook in his shirt pocket.
(d) A credit card receipt from the Toxique in his wallet.
4. What event is not happening on the day Tony decides to use as the starting point for Zenia's story?
(a) There's trouble in the Gulf.
(b) The Soviet bloc is crumbling.
(c) A new U.S. president is being elected.
(d) A large hole has developed in the ozone layer.
5. How does Anthea die in Chapter 23?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A plane crash.
(c) A drug overdose.
(d) An accidental drowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 27, who does Tony want to protect from Zenia?
2. Where are Zenia's ashes interred in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 1, to whom does Tony say that history is a construct?
4. What is the name of the shop at which Charis works?
5. In the first line of the book, when does the narrator say the story of Zenia ought to begin?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)