|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black Enamel, Chapters 17-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zenia start borrowing from Tony in Chapter 25?
(a) Her car.
(c) Her textbooks.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, where does Tony have lunch?
(a) A New York City deli.
(b) A Mexican restaurant called El Dominguez.
(c) A park bench in downtown Toronto.
(d) The Toxique.
3. What is West's profession?
(a) He is a poet.
(b) He is a minister.
(c) He is a car salesman.
(d) He is a musicologist.
4. In Chapter 1, what is the topic of what Tony describes as one of her more convoluted lectures?
(a) French colonialism.
(b) The Italian Renaissance.
(c) The English Regency.
(d) The dynamics of spontaneous massacres.
5. In Chapter 14, why does Roz take the Benz rather than the Rolls to the office?
(a) The Rolls has a flat tire.
(b) She thinks the Rolls is ostentatious.
(c) The Benz is her lucky car.
(d) The Rolls needs a brake job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony say at the beginning of Chapter 1 that Zenia would do "earnestly, with a catch in her voice, a quaver of suppressed grief, or... haltingly, as if confessing"?
2. In Chapter 8, for whom does Charis mistake her daughter Augusta when she appears unexpectedly at Charis's back door?
3. What does Tony say near the end of Chapter 1 about beginning and ending points in the study of history?
4. In Chapter 15, what evidence tells Roz her son Larry has been to the Toxique?
5. In Chapter 9, what changes does Shanita tell Charis that she is going to make to the shop because of the recession?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)