|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black Enamel, Chapters 17-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tony's father, Griff, behave in Chapter 23 once his wife leaves him?
(a) He is a lot happier and remarries.
(b) He starts beating Tony.
(c) He becomes drunk and depressed.
(d) He leaves Tony in the care of relatives.
2. After Zenia leaves him in Chapter 26, to whom does West turn for comfort and eventually marry?
3. In Chapter 19, how are the walls of West's apartment painted when Tony goes there for a party?
(a) Glossy black enamel.
(b) Silver glitter and purple paint.
(c) Red and pink spray paint.
(d) Neon green paint.
4. What date does Tony decide to use as the starting point for Zenia's story?
(a) July 4, 2000.
(b) October 23, 1990.
(c) January 15, 1959.
(d) December 25, 1995.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, from what does Zenia return?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A trip to Paris.
(d) The dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tony describe in Chapter 1 as "a puzzle, a knot"?
2. What does Tony say near the end of Chapter 1 about beginning and ending points in the study of history?
3. In Chapter 2, who is still in Tony's life "Despite everything, despite Zenia"?
4. In Chapter 3, Tony recalls that Zenia's memorial service was held how long ago?
5. Who taught Tony to make a cup of tea?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)