|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Toxique, Chapters 2-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, where does Tony have lunch?
(a) The Toxique.
(b) A New York City deli.
(c) A park bench in downtown Toronto.
(d) A Mexican restaurant called El Dominguez.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what has been erased, bandaged over and deliberately snarled?
(a) Roz's marriage to Mitch.
(b) Zenia's accounts of herself.
(c) Tony's career.
(d) Tony's marriage to West.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Shanita tell Charis that the stopping of Charis's pendulum signifies?
(a) Good luck.
(b) It's a warning, a bad omen.
(c) A new romance is in Charis's future.
4. What is the name of the shop at which Charis works?
(a) La Magnifique.
(d) Crystal Palace.
5. As Charis boards the ferry at the end of Chapter 8, whose departure does she recall?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tony think would enjoy the contradictory images in her lecture in Chapter 1?
2. If Tony can understand the person she thinks is a puzzle and knot, what does she hope will happen?
3. What was McClung Hall before it became an office building?
4. Why does Charis go to the Kafay Nwar in Chapter 11?
5. What does Tony say near the end of Chapter 1 about beginning and ending points in the study of history?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)