|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Toxique, Chapters 50-55.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what do Tony, Roz and Charis talk about when they lunch together?
2. In Chapter 9, what changes does Shanita tell Charis that she is going to make to the shop because of the recession?
(a) Changing its name to "Scrimpers" and selling cheap things.
(b) Reducing the hours it's open.
(c) Adding tea and refreshments to the products they sell.
(d) Extending the hours it's open.
3. What does Harriet Bridges, the private detective, tell Roz about Larry in Chapter 52?
(a) He's been seen in Zenia's hotel room on a near-daily basis.
(b) He's gay.
(c) He's having an affair with Charis.
(d) He's on drugs.
4. In Chapter 10, why does Charis ask the waitress at Toxique for a corner table near the mirror?
(a) Charis likes to see who's approaching her.
(b) Charis likes the view from that table.
(c) Charis is vain and likes to look at her own reflection.
(d) Mirrors deflect negative energy.
5. What was Charis's name before she changed it to Charis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Zenia give Roz for Larry's visits to Zenia's hotel room?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Charis's pendulum do when she asks it if she will have a good day?
3. Which of the following is not a trait Roz likes about her homosexual male assistant, Boyce?
4. Why does Zenia claim to be taking a yoga class in Chapter 31?
5. When Charis sees Zenia at Toxique in Chapter 10, what does she see swirling around Zenia?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)