|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bart call at the opening of January 19th?
2. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
3. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
4. How much does it cost Bart to purchase the explosives?
5. How many shells does the .460 Weatherbee hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the reporter that Bart invites into his home during the stand-off with the police?
2. Why is it important that Bart runs into Drake in the den at the New Year's Eve party?
3. Why is Bart so upset at Steve Ordner regarding Vinnie Mason?
4. What precautions does Bart make prior to the police and men from the city showing up?
5. What is Bart's mental and verbal reaction to Mary asking if he has slept with anyone since they separated?
6. Explain Walt Hamner's Tidal Effect principle.
7. Why does Drake refuse the five thousand dollar donation that Bart tries to give him?
8. Why does Steve Ordner claim that Bart is becoming paranoid?
9. Why does Fenner believe that Bart has gone crazy during the stand-off?
10. Why is Bart's backyard different this winter than it has been in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bart's relationship with Sal Magliore.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bart's relationship with Mary throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bart's mental status throughout the novel.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)