|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Waly Hamner steal this quote from: "The center does not hold"?
2. Who is Tina Howard Wallace?
3. After seeing the pristine snow cover in the back yard, what does Bart want to do?
4. What does Bart describe as a shrouded corpse in his home?
5. On January 8th, Bart and Magliore have lunch together. What do they eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the reporter that Bart invites into his home during the stand-off with the police?
2. What happens to allow Bart to admit that he is crazy?
3. Why is Bart's backyard different this winter than it has been in the past?
4. What does Bart tell the reporter about why he is doing what he is doing?
5. What is the last thing that Magliore agrees to do for Bart?
6. What is Magliore's explanation behind his murders being "good"?
7. Why does Steve Ordner claim that Bart is becoming paranoid?
8. After test-firing the Weatherbee, Bart claims that he feels ill. Why?
9. Over the last few months, Bart has changed a lot. What does he think about when recalling the last few months?
10. What precautions does Bart make prior to the police and men from the city showing up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the chapter "Stoptime, January 20, 1974" written as one long rambling thought?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of Bart's multiple conversations with Fred.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Bart's relationship with Sal Magliore.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)