|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the "wonderful replica of Crestallen Street" located at?
2. How much money does Bart try to give the hitchhiker?
3. What does Bart tell the man at the garage about his broken window?
4. Who calls Bart on Christmas day?
5. How much is it going to cost Bart to replace the window in his car that was broken the night he set the fires?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bart stop at a laundry mat after taking his car to the garage to get his window fixed?
2. What changes Bart's mind about going up to Olivia's room and accepting her invitation to share her bed?
3. What does Bart plan to do with the five hundred dollars he has in his pocket on December 12th?
4. Why does Magliore claim that Bart's wallet is "hurting"?
5. Why did the 784 extension company build an observation platform?
6. Describe the simile that Bart is talking about on the morning that the Blue Ribbon Laundry is demolished.
7. Explain the "Trained Dog Ethic".
8. Why does Bart think the laundry needs to shut down on November 28th?
9. Why is Bart upset after hearing the news about the fires that he set?
10. What happens to Bart as he is painting the smoke stack at the laundry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Mr. Piazzi's dog.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Bart's mental status throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Does Bart's "insanity" explain his actions, or is there more behind it?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)