|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bart's first job at Blue Ribbon Laundry?
2. What wakes Bart up on Christmas morning?
3. Where did Salvatore Magliore get his nickname, Sally One-Eye?
4. What does Mary do to earn her half of the money needed for a new television?
5. What bad news does Sally One-Eye have for Bart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Bart sees anonymous people.
2. Why does Bart tell Steve Ordner that the Waterford plant is a bad Idea?
3. As a kid, Bart had a .22 single shot rifle. What caused him to put away the rifle forever?
4. What questions has Steve Ordner been asking employees of the Blue Ribbon Laundry about Bart?
5. Why does Bart tell Olivia that she will never make it to Vegas?
6. Why does Bart keep the "Think! It may be a new experience" sign on his desk at the laundry?
7. Describe the simile that Bart is talking about on the morning that the Blue Ribbon Laundry is demolished.
8. Why does Magliore refuse to sell explosives to Bart?
9. Why does Bart think the laundry needs to shut down on November 28th?
10. Describe Bart's dreams on the night he sets the fires at the 784 construction site.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bart's home mean so much to him that he is willing to do whatever needs to be done?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bart's climb from low-man-on-the-totem-pole to office executive at Blue Ribbon Laundry.
Essay Topic 3
What does music mean to Bart?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)