|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cancer does Bart tell Olivia that he has?
2. What time is the Blue Ribbon Laundry demolition to start?
3. Which of the presents that Bart brings to Mary is wrapped?
4. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Bart tells Mary is booked through June?
5. Who does Bart say he is buying the guns for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Democratic candidate, Victor Winterburger, upset about the fires at the 784 extension site?
2. Who does Bart run into at the mall and what is this person doing now?
3. What does Bart plan to do with the five hundred dollars he has in his pocket on December 12th?
4. During the phone conversation on Christmas day with Olivia, what advice does Bart give her about leaving Vegas?
5. What changes Bart's mind about going up to Olivia's room and accepting her invitation to share her bed?
6. Why does Magliore claim that Bart's wallet is "hurting"?
7. What does Bart tell the owner of the gun shop is the reason he is buying the guns?
8. Describe the simile that Bart is talking about on the morning that the Blue Ribbon Laundry is demolished.
9. Why does Bart tell Olivia that she will never make it to Vegas?
10. Explain how Bart sees anonymous people.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Olivia mean so much to Bart?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Bart angry with Mary regarding the death of Charlie?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Bart's relationship with Mary throughout the novel.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)