|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bart's father die of a stroke?
2. How much is it going to cost Bart to replace the window in his car that was broken the night he set the fires?
3. What novel does Bart compare his neighborhood to on the evening of November 24th?
4. What does Bart do as surrogate work, as opposed to finding a real job?
5. What is Bart's "private drink"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Magliore refuse to sell explosives to Bart?
2. Explain how Bart sees anonymous people.
3. Describe Bart's dreams on the night he sets the fires at the 784 construction site.
4. What does "gofer" mean?
5. Why is Bart upset about the new movie theaters that have been built?
6. Who does Bart run into at the mall and what is this person doing now?
7. Why does Bart stop at a laundry mat after taking his car to the garage to get his window fixed?
8. Why does Bart tell Olivia that she will never make it to Vegas?
9. What does Bart tell the owner of the gun shop is the reason he is buying the guns?
10. Why is the Democratic candidate, Victor Winterburger, upset about the fires at the 784 extension site?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bart's dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bart's relationship with Mary throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bart's relationship with Phil Drake.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)