|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone at the laundry call Bart?
2. What does Bart think as he sees Mary walking in the door?
3. What forces Bart to remember that he set the fires the previous night?
4. When Bart finally reaches home after blowing up all of the machinery at the 784 construction site, what does he realize happened to his car?
5. Who does Bart say he is buying the guns for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said during a PSA (Public Service Announcement) that causes Bart to start grinning?
2. When talking to Steve Ordner, on January 18th, what does Bart threaten Steve with?
3. What does "gofer" mean?
4. What is Bart's mental and verbal reaction to Mary asking if he has slept with anyone since they separated?
5. Magliore sent men out to "wash" Bart's home. What does this mean, and what did they find?
6. Why does Bart think that Fenner, the man from the city, is there to see him on the morning of January 5th?
7. Why does Magliore claim that Bart's wallet is "hurting"?
8. Why does Fenner believe that Bart has gone crazy during the stand-off?
9. Why does Drake refuse the five thousand dollar donation that Bart tries to give him?
10. Over the last few months, Bart has changed a lot. What does he think about when recalling the last few months?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bart's climb from low-man-on-the-totem-pole to office executive at Blue Ribbon Laundry.
Essay Topic 2
After finishing the novel, do you, the reader, understand his reasons for doing what he did?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Bart sabotage the purchase of the new plant for the move of the Blue Ribbon Laundry?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)