|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart do to earn his half of the money needed for a new television?
2. What novel does Bart compare his neighborhood to on the evening of November 24th?
3. What is the only way that Bart sees his son, Charlie?
4. What does everyone at the laundry call Bart?
5. According to Bart, what is worse than spending his life in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bart run into at the mall and what is this person doing now?
2. What is said during a PSA (Public Service Announcement) that causes Bart to start grinning?
3. Why does Bart tell Steve Ordner that the Waterford plant is a bad Idea?
4. Why does Bart stop at a laundry mat after taking his car to the garage to get his window fixed?
5. Mary invites Bart to her parents' house for Christmas. What does Bart say about coming over?
6. What happens to Bart as he is painting the smoke stack at the laundry?
7. What are Bart's concerns about bringing the Christmas presents he bought over to Mary's parents' house?
8. Why is Bart upset about the new movie theaters that have been built?
9. Explain how Bart sees anonymous people.
10. During the phone conversation on Christmas day with Olivia, what advice does Bart give her about leaving Vegas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bart sabotage the purchase of the new plant for the move of the Blue Ribbon Laundry?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bart's climb from low-man-on-the-totem-pole to office executive at Blue Ribbon Laundry.
Essay Topic 3
What steps does Bart make to tie ends up on the days leading to D-Day (January 20th)?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)