|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Francis Lane, is the reason the construction is going to be halted for a month or more?
2. What happens to Olivia on her third night in Vegas?
3. Why does Bart disagree with the name change of Esso to Exxon?
4. Which of the presents that Bart brings to Mary is wrapped?
5. What is Bart's "private drink"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bart upset after hearing the news about the fires that he set?
2. What does Bart tell the owner of the gun shop is the reason he is buying the guns?
3. Why does Bart keep the "Think! It may be a new experience" sign on his desk at the laundry?
4. Why did the 784 extension company build an observation platform?
5. Why does Magliore claim that Bart's wallet is "hurting"?
6. Why does Bart stop at a laundry mat after taking his car to the garage to get his window fixed?
7. During the phone conversation on Christmas day with Olivia, what advice does Bart give her about leaving Vegas?
8. Why is Bart upset about the new movie theaters that have been built?
9. Mary invites Bart to her parents' house for Christmas. What does Bart say about coming over?
10. What are Bart's concerns regarding going to a New Year's Eve party at Walt Hamner's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the chapter "Stoptime, January 20, 1974" written as one long rambling thought?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bart's relationship with Mary throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Bart's trips to the 784 extension observation deck.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)