|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart offer Olivia during the beginning of their conversation?
2. Where did Bart's father die of a stroke?
3. Since losing the laundry job, where has Tom been working?
4. In Bart's dream, on the morning of November 22nd, what are he and Charlie building?
5. Who, from the laundry, may be attending the New Year's Eve party that Bart and Mary are invited to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Democratic candidate, Victor Winterburger, upset about the fires at the 784 extension site?
2. What does Bart plan to do with the five hundred dollars he has in his pocket on December 12th?
3. What does "gofer" mean?
4. Describe the simile that Bart is talking about on the morning that the Blue Ribbon Laundry is demolished.
5. Why does Bart tell Steve Ordner that the Waterford plant is a bad Idea?
6. Why did the 784 extension company build an observation platform?
7. Why does Bart tell Olivia that she will never make it to Vegas?
8. What does Bart tell the owner of the gun shop is the reason he is buying the guns?
9. What changes Bart's mind about going up to Olivia's room and accepting her invitation to share her bed?
10. Describe Bart's dreams on the night he sets the fires at the 784 construction site.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bart's home mean so much to him that he is willing to do whatever needs to be done?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of Bart's multiple conversations with Fred.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Mr. Piazzi's dog.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)