|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bumper sticker on the cash register state?
2. What does Mary do to earn her half of the money needed for a new television?
3. Who wrote the opening quote to the novel?
4. What did Bart's son die from?
5. One gallon of gas equals the explosive potential of how many sticks of dynamite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mary invites Bart to her parents' house for Christmas. What does Bart say about coming over?
2. Why does Bart tell Steve Ordner that the Waterford plant is a bad Idea?
3. Explain Mary's plan for buying a television.
4. What does Bart tell the owner of the gun shop is the reason he is buying the guns?
5. Why is the Democratic candidate, Victor Winterburger, upset about the fires at the 784 extension site?
6. Discuss Bart's first nightmare.
7. What changes Bart's mind about going up to Olivia's room and accepting her invitation to share her bed?
8. Why is Bart upset after hearing the news about the fires that he set?
9. As a kid, Bart had a .22 single shot rifle. What caused him to put away the rifle forever?
10. During the phone conversation on Christmas day with Olivia, what advice does Bart give her about leaving Vegas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After seeing the woman die in the grocery store, Bart changed. How did Bart change?
Essay Topic 2
What does music mean to Bart?
Essay Topic 3
What steps does Bart make to tie ends up on the days leading to D-Day (January 20th)?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)