|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bumper sticker on the cash register state?
2. Why does Bart say that Mary doesn't have it as bad living at her parents' house as she claims?
3. Where are Mary and Bart invited for New Year's Eve, even though the host knows they are separated?
4. What does the plaque on Bart's desk say?
5. Prior to eating at Bart's, what has the hitchhiker been eating for the last year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Bart does to ensure that he cannot be followed from the fires he sets at the 784 construction site.
2. Explain Mary's plan for buying a television.
3. Why does Bart tell Steve Ordner that the Waterford plant is a bad Idea?
4. Why is Bart upset about the new movie theaters that have been built?
5. Why does Bart stop at a laundry mat after taking his car to the garage to get his window fixed?
6. What does "gofer" mean?
7. What are Bart's concerns about bringing the Christmas presents he bought over to Mary's parents' house?
8. Mary invites Bart to her parents' house for Christmas. What does Bart say about coming over?
9. What are Bart's concerns regarding going to a New Year's Eve party at Walt Hamner's house?
10. Why did the 784 extension company build an observation platform?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Bart's home mean so much to him that he is willing to do whatever needs to be done?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the chapter "Stoptime, January 20, 1974" written as one long rambling thought?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Bart's relationship with Phil Drake.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)