|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary questions Bart about the money from the sale of the house. What does his splitting the money down the middle mean?
(a) It means nothing to her.
(b) That he really cares about her.
(c) The divorce is going to happen.
(d) That he just wants to be fair.
2. After seeing the pristine snow cover in the back yard, what does Bart want to do?
(a) Make a snow angel.
(b) Water it down and make it into ice.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Run all over the back yard to mess it up.
3. Where does Bart find Charlie's clothes?
(a) Under his bed in boxes.
(b) In Mary's secret place.
(c) In trash bags in the garage.
(d) In the attic.
4. On January 13th, way does Bart go to see Drake?
(a) To get him to talk to Mary for him.
(b) To give him money and talk about going into business together.
(c) To give him money.
(d) To get information from him to put Drake into his will.
5. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
(b) Poe's "The Raven".
(c) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
(d) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning of January 20th, what does Bart do with the explosives?
2. After asking Magliore to locate Olivia for him, what does Bart tell him to do if he can't find her?
3. What time do the men come to take possession of Bart's home?
4. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
5. What does Bart tell Magliore to think about right before he leaves on January 15th?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Walt Hamner's Principle of The Pleasure Push.
2. Explain the physical attributes and power of the malglinite.
3. What is Magliore's explanation behind his murders being "good"?
4. Why does Bart think that Fenner, the man from the city, is there to see him on the morning of January 5th?
5. Why is it important that Bart runs into Drake in the den at the New Year's Eve party?
6. Why is Bart's backyard different this winter than it has been in the past?
7. What happens to allow Bart to admit that he is crazy?
8. What is Bart's mental and verbal reaction to Mary asking if he has slept with anyone since they separated?
9. What does Bart think about when he first sees Mary at the New Year's Eve party?
10. What is ironic about the reporter that Bart invites into his home during the stand-off with the police?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)