|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fenner say to the police officers during the beginning of the shoot-out?
(a) Keep firing.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Let me talk to him.
2. How does Bart get home from the New Year's Eve party?
(b) Walter Hamner.
(c) Tina Wallace.
(d) Phil Drake.
3. What does Mary call Bart in regards to Charlie's death?
(a) A loving father.
(b) A psychopath.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A prisoner.
4. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
(a) It is the strongest anywhere.
(b) It is strange and cruel.
(c) It is horrible.
(d) It is beautiful.
5. How many shells does the .460 Weatherbee hold?
(a) Eight (8).
(b) Five (5).
(c) Ten (10).
(d) Twelve (12).
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of volunteer work does Phil Drake do?
2. After dark on January 19th, what does Bart bring in from the garage?
3. What time do the men come to take possession of Bart's home?
4. How is Bart remembered in his high school yearbook?
5. What does Bart do with the canape that Mary brings to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specific information does Fenner have on Bart to force a faster sale on Bart's home?
2. Magliore sent men out to "wash" Bart's home. What does this mean, and what did they find?
3. What is the last thing that Magliore agrees to do for Bart?
4. What precautions does Bart make prior to the police and men from the city showing up?
5. When talking to Steve Ordner, on January 18th, what does Bart threaten Steve with?
6. What were differences between the way Mary and Bart handled Charlie's first day at nursery school?
7. Over the last few months, Bart has changed a lot. What does he think about when recalling the last few months?
8. What does Bart tell the reporter about why he is doing what he is doing?
9. What is Bart's mental and verbal reaction to Mary asking if he has slept with anyone since they separated?
10. What is ironic about the reporter that Bart invites into his home during the stand-off with the police?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)