|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bart get home from the New Year's Eve party?
(a) Walter Hamner.
(c) Tina Wallace.
(d) Phil Drake.
2. What news does Bart drop on Steve regarding Steve's honesty during the last five years at Blue Ribbon?
(a) That he stole office supplies for his home office.
(b) That he used company time to get his personal laundry cleaned.
(c) That Bart knows he took petty cash vouchers.
(d) That he had an affair with one of the employees.
3. What was the crate used for before it held Bart's explosives?
4. What lie does Bart tell Mary during their January 17th conversation?
(a) That he hasn't slept with anyone since their split.
(b) That he is moving out of state.
(c) That he has a job selling cars at Magliore's car dealership.
(d) That he went and saw a psychiatrist.
5. On January 8th, Bart and Magliore have lunch together. What do they eat?
(a) Veggie pizza.
(b) Chicken and pasta.
(c) Spaghetti and veal.
(d) Steak and shrimp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary questions Bart about the money from the sale of the house. What does his splitting the money down the middle mean?
2. What album is on Bart's record player when he sets off the bombs?
3. How much does it cost Bart to purchase the explosives?
4. What does the nursery school teacher call Charlie?
5. What does Bart prepare to mail to Mary on the night of January 10th?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bart think that Fenner, the man from the city, is there to see him on the morning of January 5th?
2. Explain Walt Hamner's Tidal Effect principle.
3. What happens to allow Bart to admit that he is crazy?
4. Why is it important that Bart runs into Drake in the den at the New Year's Eve party?
5. What precautions does Bart make prior to the police and men from the city showing up?
6. Why is Bart's backyard different this winter than it has been in the past?
7. What is Magliore's explanation behind his murders being "good"?
8. What does Bart think about when he first sees Mary at the New Year's Eve party?
9. Explain Walt Hamner's Principle of The Pleasure Push.
10. Why does Drake refuse the five thousand dollar donation that Bart tries to give him?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)