|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart prepare to mail to Mary on the night of January 10th?
(a) His checkbook with a balance of $35,053.49.
(b) Divorce papers.
(c) A suicide note.
(d) A letter of apology.
2. On January 14th, what does Bart buy at Sears?
(a) Exercise equipment.
(b) A home alarm system.
(d) A Die Hard battery.
3. What does Bart do with the five thousand dollars he brought into the coffee shop?
(a) Throws it in the trash.
(b) Puts it in Drake's coffee pot.
(c) Puts it in an old man's cup of coffee.
(d) Gives it to the street kid.
4. Why is there an "issue" with Bart's deposit slip at the bank?
(a) The teller is taunting him about the money.
(b) Bart wants to withdraw $34,250.00 from his account.
(c) Bart does not have an account at the bank.
(d) Bart's account was closed by his "wife".
5. After asking Magliore to locate Olivia for him, what does Bart tell him to do if he can't find her?
(a) Keep the money he is offering.
(b) Give up without a second thought.
(c) Never stop looking for her.
(d) Give the money to Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary worried about regarding the divorce from Bart?
2. At the end of the conversation about the explosives, what does Bart tell Magliore he wants to do?
3. According to Bart, what is the name of the place where the events that occur there seem planned and sentient?
4. What does Bart break at the signal of the new year?
5. On the morning of January 20th, what does Bart do with the explosives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did people look at Bart funny when he withdrew over thirty thousand dollars from the bank?
2. When talking to Steve Ordner, on January 18th, what does Bart threaten Steve with?
3. Explain Walt Hamner's Principle of The Pleasure Push.
4. Explain Walt Hamner's Tidal Effect principle.
5. What were differences between the way Mary and Bart handled Charlie's first day at nursery school?
6. Magliore sent men out to "wash" Bart's home. What does this mean, and what did they find?
7. Why is Bart so upset at Steve Ordner regarding Vinnie Mason?
8. What precautions does Bart make prior to the police and men from the city showing up?
9. After test-firing the Weatherbee, Bart claims that he feels ill. Why?
10. What is ironic about the reporter that Bart invites into his home during the stand-off with the police?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)