|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
(a) Do something illegal.
(b) Start dating Mary.
(c) Risk his own life.
(d) Commit a moral sin.
2. On the night of January 10th, what does Bart dream about?
(a) Committing suicide.
3. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
(b) Poe's "The Raven".
(c) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
(d) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
4. What is the only thing about the night that Bart took the drugs that really bothers him?
(a) The shattered television.
(b) The argument with Mary.
(c) The talk with Drake, the street priest.
(d) The impending destruction of his home.
5. What author does Waly Hamner steal this quote from: "The center does not hold"?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Percy Shelly.
(d) William Faulkner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie does Bart go see on January 16th?
2. What does Bart tell Magliore to think about right before he leaves on January 15th?
3. On January 5th, what happens to the lady at the store?
4. What does Fenner say to the police officers during the beginning of the shoot-out?
5. What album is on Bart's record player when he sets off the bombs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specific information does Fenner have on Bart to force a faster sale on Bart's home?
2. Why does Bart think that Fenner, the man from the city, is there to see him on the morning of January 5th?
3. Over the last few months, Bart has changed a lot. What does he think about when recalling the last few months?
4. Explain the physical attributes and power of the malglinite.
5. Why does Steve Ordner claim that Bart is becoming paranoid?
6. Why did people look at Bart funny when he withdrew over thirty thousand dollars from the bank?
7. Why is Bart's backyard different this winter than it has been in the past?
8. What does Bart tell the reporter about why he is doing what he is doing?
9. After test-firing the Weatherbee, Bart claims that he feels ill. Why?
10. How does Drake get the money to keep his coffee shop open?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)