|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nursery school teacher call Charlie?
2. On January 8th, Bart and Magliore have lunch together. What do they eat?
(a) Chicken and pasta.
(b) Steak and shrimp.
(c) Veggie pizza.
(d) Spaghetti and veal.
3. What author does Waly Hamner steal this quote from: "The center does not hold"?
(a) Percy Shelly.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) William Shakespeare.
4. What is the only thing about the night that Bart took the drugs that really bothers him?
(a) The shattered television.
(b) The impending destruction of his home.
(c) The argument with Mary.
(d) The talk with Drake, the street priest.
5. What does Bart tell Magliore to think about right before he leaves on January 15th?
(a) What life is really about.
(b) The after-life.
(c) Mr. Piazzi's dog.
(d) Forgetting about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Magliore, when you kill a guy, what are you doing?
2. What does Bart say to himself to put his plans into effect?
3. At the end of the conversation about the explosives, what does Bart tell Magliore he wants to do?
4. How many shells does the .460 Weatherbee hold?
5. How is Bart remembered in his high school yearbook?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over the last few months, Bart has changed a lot. What does he think about when recalling the last few months?
2. When talking to Steve Ordner, on January 18th, what does Bart threaten Steve with?
3. Why is Bart so upset at Steve Ordner regarding Vinnie Mason?
4. What precautions does Bart make prior to the police and men from the city showing up?
5. Why does Steve Ordner claim that Bart is becoming paranoid?
6. Why did people look at Bart funny when he withdrew over thirty thousand dollars from the bank?
7. What is Bart's mental and verbal reaction to Mary asking if he has slept with anyone since they separated?
8. Explain the physical attributes and power of the malglinite.
9. Explain Walt Hamner's Principle of The Pleasure Push.
10. What does Bart think about when he first sees Mary at the New Year's Eve party?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)