|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Magliore, when you kill a guy, what are you doing?
(a) Doing God a favor.
(b) Ridding the world of a meaningless waste of oxygen.
(c) Putting him out of his misery.
(d) Sparing him the pain of hell.
2. Where does Bart find Charlie's clothes?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In Mary's secret place.
(c) In trash bags in the garage.
(d) Under his bed in boxes.
3. What does Bart prepare to mail to Mary on the night of January 10th?
(a) His checkbook with a balance of $35,053.49.
(b) Divorce papers.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) A suicide note.
4. Why does Phil Drake understand the high that Bart is experiencing?
(a) He is a recovering drug addict.
(b) He does drugs.
(c) He runs a coffee shop and customers come in high all the time.
(d) He is a doctor.
5. Where does the transaction between Bart and Magliore's men take place?
(a) The Town Line Tavern.
(b) The bowling alley.
(c) Magliore's car dealership.
(d) Nicky's Diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. After asking Magliore to locate Olivia for him, what does Bart tell him to do if he can't find her?
2. How many shells does the .460 Weatherbee hold?
3. How does Bart get home from the New Year's Eve party?
4. On January 13th, way does Bart go to see Drake?
5. At the end of the conversation about the explosives, what does Bart tell Magliore he wants to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were differences between the way Mary and Bart handled Charlie's first day at nursery school?
2. Why is Bart so upset at Steve Ordner regarding Vinnie Mason?
3. What precautions does Bart make prior to the police and men from the city showing up?
4. Why does Fenner believe that Bart has gone crazy during the stand-off?
5. Explain Walt Hamner's Principle of The Pleasure Push.
6. What specific information does Fenner have on Bart to force a faster sale on Bart's home?
7. Why does Bart think that Fenner, the man from the city, is there to see him on the morning of January 5th?
8. Why is it important that Bart runs into Drake in the den at the New Year's Eve party?
9. Why did people look at Bart funny when he withdrew over thirty thousand dollars from the bank?
10. What is ironic about the reporter that Bart invites into his home during the stand-off with the police?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)