|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Magliore, when you kill a guy, what are you doing?
(a) Ridding the world of a meaningless waste of oxygen.
(b) Doing God a favor.
(c) Putting him out of his misery.
(d) Sparing him the pain of hell.
2. What album is on Bart's record player when he sets off the bombs?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The Who.
3. How many sticks of explosives does Bart buy from Magliore?
(a) One hundred (100).
(b) Forty (40).
(c) Twenty (20).
(d) Ten (10).
4. After dark on January 19th, what does Bart bring in from the garage?
(a) Charlie's clothes.
(b) The explosives.
(c) The guns.
(d) Gasoline cans.
5. According to Bart, what is the name of the place where the events that occur there seem planned and sentient?
(a) The observation desk erected at the 784 construction site.
(b) Nicky's Diner.
(c) The Blue Ribbon Laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charlie's nursery school teacher?
2. What kind of dreams does Bart have on New Year's Eve?
3. On January 5th, what happens to the lady at the store?
4. How much does the woman behind Bart cash her social security check for?
5. Who does Bart call at the opening of January 19th?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did people look at Bart funny when he withdrew over thirty thousand dollars from the bank?
2. Explain Walt Hamner's Principle of The Pleasure Push.
3. Explain Walt Hamner's Tidal Effect principle.
4. What precautions does Bart make prior to the police and men from the city showing up?
5. What specific information does Fenner have on Bart to force a faster sale on Bart's home?
6. What is Fenner worried about regarding Bart's refusal to take the buy-out money and leave his home?
7. What is Bart's mental and verbal reaction to Mary asking if he has slept with anyone since they separated?
8. Magliore sent men out to "wash" Bart's home. What does this mean, and what did they find?
9. Why does Drake refuse the five thousand dollar donation that Bart tries to give him?
10. When talking to Steve Ordner, on January 18th, what does Bart threaten Steve with?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)