|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart admit is the reason that Mary moved out and left him?
(a) Because he didn't buy a new house.
(b) Because he lost his job.
(c) Because she couldn't stand to be around him any longer.
(d) Because he went insane.
2. When Bart finally reaches home after blowing up all of the machinery at the 784 construction site, what does he realize happened to his car?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He left tire tracks from the fire right to his house.
(c) He has been driving on a flat tire.
(d) The rear passanger window is broken out.
3. What animal is in Bart's nightmare on the night of November 27th?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bear.
4. Who does Bart go to see on the morning of November 23rd?
(a) Stephan Ordner- Bart's boss.
(b) Vinnie Mason- The man in charge of new accounts.
(c) Harold Swinerton- The gun shop owner.
(d) Don Tarkington- The owner of Blue Ribbon Laundry.
5. Where did Bart's father die of a stroke?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In a garage.
(c) In his bed.
(d) At a highway construction site.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the option to buy the Waterford plant expire?
2. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Bart tells Mary is booked through June?
3. Who, from the laundry, may be attending the New Year's Eve party that Bart and Mary are invited to?
4. Who wrote the opening quote to the novel?
5. What does Stephan Ordner threaten Bart with if the contract on Waterford is lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bart as he is painting the smoke stack at the laundry?
2. Why is Bart upset after hearing the news about the fires that he set?
3. What changes Bart's mind about going up to Olivia's room and accepting her invitation to share her bed?
4. Explain what Bart does to ensure that he cannot be followed from the fires he sets at the 784 construction site.
5. What does Bart tell the owner of the gun shop is the reason he is buying the guns?
6. What does "gofer" mean?
7. What is said during a PSA (Public Service Announcement) that causes Bart to start grinning?
8. Explain the "Trained Dog Ethic".
9. Describe Bart's dreams on the night he sets the fires at the 784 construction site.
10. During the phone conversation on Christmas day with Olivia, what advice does Bart give her about leaving Vegas?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)