|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart do to earn his half of the money needed for a new television?
(a) He sells his prized comic book collection.
(b) He paints the smoke stack of the laundry.
(c) He mows grass in the neighborhood.
(d) He goes to work as a bartender at Nicky's Diner.
2. Where is the "wonderful replica of Crestallen Street" located at?
(a) At the historical society.
(b) At City Hall.
(c) In Bart's mind.
(d) Inside a Southern Comfort bottle.
3. How much money does Bart try to give the hitchhiker?
(a) Fifty (50.00) dollars.
(b) One hundred (100.00) dollars.
(c) Twenty (20.00) dollars.
(d) Two hundred (200.00) dollars.
4. What novel does Bart compare his neighborhood to on the evening of November 24th?
(a) "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami.
(b) "Bury the Living" by Richard Boone.
(c) "Dark is the Grave Wherein My Friend is Laid" by Malcolm Lowry
(d) "The Dark" by Marianne Curley.
5. What does Bart say he will do with the money if the hitchhiker does not take it?
(a) Flush it down the john.
(b) Hide it in her belongings.
(c) Throw it in the trash.
(d) Burn it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plaque on Bart's desk say?
2. How much money are Bart and Mary short on buying the better television?
3. What does Bart admit to Olivia about his plans for himself?
4. What is the only way that Bart sees his son, Charlie?
5. What happens to Bart's favorite coffee cup?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mary invites Bart to her parents' house for Christmas. What does Bart say about coming over?
2. Why is the Democratic candidate, Victor Winterburger, upset about the fires at the 784 extension site?
3. What does "gofer" mean?
4. Explain the "Trained Dog Ethic".
5. What questions has Steve Ordner been asking employees of the Blue Ribbon Laundry about Bart?
6. What changes Bart's mind about going up to Olivia's room and accepting her invitation to share her bed?
7. Why does Bart stop at a laundry mat after taking his car to the garage to get his window fixed?
8. Why does Mr. Magliore try to throw Bart out of his office at his car dealership?
9. Discuss Bart's first nightmare.
10. What are Bart's concerns about bringing the Christmas presents he bought over to Mary's parents' house?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)