|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Waly Hamner steal this quote from: "The center does not hold"?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Percy Shelly.
2. What time does Bart wake up on the morning of January 20th?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 2:15 p.m.
(d) 2:15 a.m.
3. According to Phil Drake, what happens to the body when one commits suicide?
(a) It loses its soul.
(b) It goes to hell.
(c) It rots.
(d) It gets destroyed during autopsy.
4. Where does Bart find Charlie's clothes?
(a) Under his bed in boxes.
(b) In trash bags in the garage.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In Mary's secret place.
5. What does Bart find out about the continuing operations of the Blue Ribbon Laundry?
(a) The industrial aspect of the business is over.
(b) That the corporate share holdings were sold and the business belongs to another company.
(c) The laundry found a new site and will be opening in two months.
(d) The business folded after Bart's blunder with the new property.
6. Where does Bart aim his first shot on the attack to save his home?
(a) The city car's front wheel.
(b) The police crusier's front wheel.
(c) The city car's windshield.
(d) The police crusier's windshield.
7. On January 8th, Bart and Magliore have lunch together. What do they eat?
(a) Spaghetti and veal.
(b) Chicken and pasta.
(c) Veggie pizza.
(d) Steak and shrimp.
8. How much does the woman behind Bart cash her social security check for?
9. Who is Tina Howard Wallace?
(a) A drunk who hits Bart for no reason.
(b) The first girl Bart ever touched sexually.
(c) The wife of the host.
(d) Mary's best friend.
10. On the night of January 10th, what does Bart dream about?
(d) Committing suicide.
11. What does Fenner say to the police officers during the beginning of the shoot-out?
(b) Keep firing.
(c) Let me talk to him.
(d) Kill him.
12. According to Bart, what activity is soothing and sane?
13. According to Magliore, when you kill a guy, what are you doing?
(a) Ridding the world of a meaningless waste of oxygen.
(b) Sparing him the pain of hell.
(c) Putting him out of his misery.
(d) Doing God a favor.
14. Where does the transaction between Bart and Magliore's men take place?
(a) Nicky's Diner.
(b) The bowling alley.
(c) Magliore's car dealership.
(d) The Town Line Tavern.
15. What movie does Bart go see on January 16th?
(a) Blazing Saddles.
(b) The Trial of Billy Jack.
(d) The Exorcist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sticks of explosives does Bart buy from Magliore?
2. What was the crate used for before it held Bart's explosives?
3. What does Bart do on the night of January 19th right before falling asleep?
4. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
5. After dark on January 19th, what does Bart bring in from the garage?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)