|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dark on January 19th, what does Bart bring in from the garage?
(a) The explosives.
(b) Charlie's clothes.
(c) Gasoline cans.
(d) The guns.
2. What are the new laundry mats going to be called?
(d) Squeaky Clean.
3. Where does Bart find Charlie's clothes?
(a) Under his bed in boxes.
(b) In trash bags in the garage.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In Mary's secret place.
4. What does Bart tell Magliore to think about right before he leaves on January 15th?
(a) Mr. Piazzi's dog.
(b) The after-life.
(c) What life is really about.
(d) Forgetting about him.
5. What album does Bart buy that he really likes?
(a) Crosby, Stills, and Nash.
(d) "Let It Bleed" by The Rolling Stones.
6. Who is Tina Howard Wallace?
(a) Mary's best friend.
(b) A drunk who hits Bart for no reason.
(c) The wife of the host.
(d) The first girl Bart ever touched sexually.
7. How does Drake get the money to run his coffee shop?
(a) Old family money.
(b) He is independently wealthy.
(c) From loans.
(d) From donations.
8. According to Bart, what activity is soothing and sane?
9. What do the two men of Magliore's do to Bart's home?
(a) Set explosives around it.
(b) "Wash" it.
(c) Fix it to be tamper-proof.
(d) Break into it.
10. According to Phil Drake, what happens to the body when one commits suicide?
(a) It gets destroyed during autopsy.
(b) It loses its soul.
(c) It rots.
(d) It goes to hell.
11. How does Bart get home from the New Year's Eve party?
(a) Phil Drake.
(b) Walter Hamner.
(d) Tina Wallace.
12. What time does Bart wake up on the morning of January 20th?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 2:15 a.m.
(c) 2:15 p.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
13. What does Bart do with the canape that Mary brings to him?
(a) He throws it on the floor.
(b) He drops it in her drink.
(c) He throws it across the room.
(d) He puts it in his shirt pocket.
14. According to Bart, what is the name of the place where the events that occur there seem planned and sentient?
(a) The observation desk erected at the 784 construction site.
(b) Nicky's Diner.
(d) The Blue Ribbon Laundry.
15. Where does the transaction between Bart and Magliore's men take place?
(a) Nicky's Diner.
(b) The Town Line Tavern.
(c) Magliore's car dealership.
(d) The bowling alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bart aim his first shot on the attack to save his home?
2. How many people come to take possession of Bart's home?
3. On the night of January 10th, what does Bart dream about?
4. What does the nursery school teacher call Charlie?
5. What news does Bart drop on Steve regarding Steve's honesty during the last five years at Blue Ribbon?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)