|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart do with the canape that Mary brings to him?
(a) He throws it across the room.
(b) He puts it in his shirt pocket.
(c) He throws it on the floor.
(d) He drops it in her drink.
2. How many people come to take possession of Bart's home?
(a) Four; one person from the city and three police officers.
(b) Four; two people from the city and two police officers.
(c) Three; one person from the city and two police officers.
(d) Two; one person from the city and one police officer.
3. What does Bart prepare to mail to Mary on the night of January 10th?
(a) A suicide note.
(b) His checkbook with a balance of $35,053.49.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) Divorce papers.
4. What does Bart do to the album that he does not like?
(a) He throws it in the trash.
(b) He pours Southern Comfort on it and lights it in the fireplace.
(c) He breaks it over his knee.
(d) He mails it to Olivia.
5. What does Bart say to himself to put his plans into effect?
(a) Time to blow.
(b) Roll it.
(c) Let's go.
6. Bart places some money in a beer stein that Mary got for him. What does it say on the stein?
(a) I Love You.
(b) U.S. Drinking Team.
(c) World's Best Husband.
(d) There is always tomorrow.
7. What do the two men of Magliore's do to Bart's home?
(a) Set explosives around it.
(b) "Wash" it.
(c) Break into it.
(d) Fix it to be tamper-proof.
8. What is the name of the reporter that Bart talks to about his reasoning for what he is doing?
(a) David Demps.
(b) Freddrick Olivia.
(c) Dave Albert.
(d) Shawn Miller.
9. What news does Bart drop on Steve regarding Steve's honesty during the last five years at Blue Ribbon?
(a) That he used company time to get his personal laundry cleaned.
(b) That he had an affair with one of the employees.
(c) That he stole office supplies for his home office.
(d) That Bart knows he took petty cash vouchers.
10. Why is Mary happy when she calls Bart on the morning of January 17th?
(a) She is moving out of her parents' house.
(b) She decided to come back to Bart.
(c) She got the news he sold the house.
(d) She got a job.
11. According to Phil Drake, what happens to the body when one commits suicide?
(a) It goes to hell.
(b) It loses its soul.
(c) It rots.
(d) It gets destroyed during autopsy.
12. Who is the opening quote for January written by?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) The BIrds.
(c) Crosby, Stills and Nash.
(d) The Beatles.
13. What does Mary call Bart in regards to Charlie's death?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A psychopath.
(d) A loving father.
14. What does Bart say to Mary as they hang up the phone on their January 17th conversation?
(a) I hate you.
(b) I love you.
(c) Have a great life.
(d) Screw you.
15. According to Magliore, when you kill a guy, what are you doing?
(a) Ridding the world of a meaningless waste of oxygen.
(b) Putting him out of his misery.
(c) Doing God a favor.
(d) Sparing him the pain of hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dark on January 19th, what does Bart bring in from the garage?
2. What album is on Bart's record player when he sets off the bombs?
3. What lie does Bart tell Mary during their January 17th conversation?
4. What is the only thing about the night that Bart took the drugs that really bothers him?
5. What is the first thing that Bart notices as the drugs begin to kick in?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)