|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On January 5th, what happens to the lady at the store?
(a) She recognizes Bart from the party and calls him an addict.
(b) She has an epileptic seizure.
(c) She dies from a brain hemmorhage.
(d) She faints.
2. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
(b) Poe's "The Raven".
(c) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
(d) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
3. What does Fenner say to the police officers during the beginning of the shoot-out?
(a) Let me talk to him.
(b) Kill him.
(d) Keep firing.
4. What does Bart do to the album that he does not like?
(a) He breaks it over his knee.
(b) He throws it in the trash.
(c) He mails it to Olivia.
(d) He pours Southern Comfort on it and lights it in the fireplace.
5. Where does Bart tell the reporter that he obtained the explosives from?
(b) Quicky Mart.
(c) His Christmas stocking.
6. On January 8th, Bart and Magliore have lunch together. What do they eat?
(a) Chicken and pasta.
(b) Steak and shrimp.
(c) Veggie pizza.
(d) Spaghetti and veal.
7. What does Bart take down to the post office on the morning of January 16th?
(a) The envelope for Mary.
(b) A letter to Steve Ornder.
(c) Charlie's clothes for donation.
(d) The envelope for Olivia.
8. What does Bart break at the signal of the new year?
(a) His television.
(b) His hand.
(c) A bottle of Southern Comfort.
(d) A glass.
9. After seeing the pristine snow cover in the back yard, what does Bart want to do?
(a) Water it down and make it into ice.
(b) Run all over the back yard to mess it up.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Make a snow angel.
10. What is the first thing that Bart notices as the drugs begin to kick in?
(b) His pants.
(c) His feet.
(d) His fingers.
11. At the end of the conversation about the explosives, what does Bart tell Magliore he wants to do?
(a) Set up a trust fund.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Get back together with Mary.
(d) Run away with Olivia.
12. On the morning of January 20th, what does Bart do with the explosives?
(a) Wires them in the garage.
(b) Wires them throughout the house.
(c) Loads them into his car.
(d) Wires them along his property line.
13. What does Bart say to Mary as they hang up the phone on their January 17th conversation?
(a) Screw you.
(b) Have a great life.
(c) I love you.
(d) I hate you.
14. Bart hands Magliore eighteen thousand dollars. What is this money for?
(a) Payment for a new car.
(b) A goodwill gift.
(c) Payment for the explosives.
(d) Trust fund and finders fee.
15. What does Bart tell Magliore to think about right before he leaves on January 15th?
(a) Forgetting about him.
(b) What life is really about.
(c) Mr. Piazzi's dog.
(d) The after-life.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
2. What does Bart do with the canape that Mary brings to him?
3. What kind of volunteer work does Phil Drake do?
4. What do the two men of Magliore's do to Bart's home?
5. How is Bart remembered in his high school yearbook?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)