|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart tell Magliore to think about right before he leaves on January 15th?
(a) What life is really about.
(b) Forgetting about him.
(c) The after-life.
(d) Mr. Piazzi's dog.
2. After seeing the pristine snow cover in the back yard, what does Bart want to do?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Run all over the back yard to mess it up.
(c) Water it down and make it into ice.
(d) Make a snow angel.
3. After asking Magliore to locate Olivia for him, what does Bart tell him to do if he can't find her?
(a) Keep the money he is offering.
(b) Give up without a second thought.
(c) Never stop looking for her.
(d) Give the money to Mary.
4. What does Bart find out about the continuing operations of the Blue Ribbon Laundry?
(a) The industrial aspect of the business is over.
(b) The business folded after Bart's blunder with the new property.
(c) That the corporate share holdings were sold and the business belongs to another company.
(d) The laundry found a new site and will be opening in two months.
5. How does Bart get home from the New Year's Eve party?
(a) Walter Hamner.
(c) Phil Drake.
(d) Tina Wallace.
6. Who does Steve Ordner remind Bart of?
(a) His father.
(b) Captain Queeg.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Captian Kirk.
7. On January 8th, Bart and Magliore have lunch together. What do they eat?
(a) Veggie pizza.
(b) Spaghetti and veal.
(c) Chicken and pasta.
(d) Steak and shrimp.
8. Why is Mary happy when she calls Bart on the morning of January 17th?
(a) She got a job.
(b) She got the news he sold the house.
(c) She is moving out of her parents' house.
(d) She decided to come back to Bart.
9. Where does Bart tell the reporter that he obtained the explosives from?
(b) His Christmas stocking.
(c) Quicky Mart.
10. What does Bart do to the album that he does not like?
(a) He throws it in the trash.
(b) He pours Southern Comfort on it and lights it in the fireplace.
(c) He mails it to Olivia.
(d) He breaks it over his knee.
11. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
(a) It is the strongest anywhere.
(b) It is strange and cruel.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is horrible.
12. What does the nursery school teacher call Charlie?
13. Where does Bart aim his first shot on the attack to save his home?
(a) The police crusier's windshield.
(b) The city car's front wheel.
(c) The city car's windshield.
(d) The police crusier's front wheel.
14. What author does Waly Hamner steal this quote from: "The center does not hold"?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Percy Shelly.
(d) T.S. Eliot.
15. What does Bart describe as a shrouded corpse in his home?
(a) The guns he bought from Harold.
(b) The marital bed.
(c) The pictures from his and Mary's wedding.
(d) The television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Bart tell Mary during their January 17th conversation?
2. On January 5th, what happens to the lady at the store?
3. Why does Bart think Vinnie Mason needs to be fired?
4. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
5. Mary questions Bart about the money from the sale of the house. What does his splitting the money down the middle mean?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)