|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Charlie's nursery school teacher?
(a) Mrs. Ricker.
(b) Mrs. Southerby.
(c) Mrs. Stine.
(d) Mrs. Checkerton.
2. How much does the woman behind Bart cash her social security check for?
3. What does Bart break at the signal of the new year?
(a) A glass.
(b) His television.
(c) His hand.
(d) A bottle of Southern Comfort.
4. What album is on Bart's record player when he sets off the bombs?
(a) The Who.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(d) The Doors.
5. Where does Bart aim his first shot on the attack to save his home?
(a) The police crusier's front wheel.
(b) The city car's windshield.
(c) The police crusier's windshield.
(d) The city car's front wheel.
6. How much does it cost Bart to purchase the explosives?
(a) Seven thousand dollars (7,000.00).
(b) Nine thousand dollars (9,000.00).
(c) Ten thousand dollars (10,000.00).
(d) Five thousand dollars (5,000.00).
7. What kind of volunteer work does Phil Drake do?
(a) He volunteers at the Red Cross.
(b) He volunteers at a mission.
(c) He volunteers at a nursing home.
(d) He is a street priest and Dial Help Center volunteer.
8. After dark on January 19th, what does Bart bring in from the garage?
(a) Charlie's clothes.
(b) Gasoline cans.
(c) The guns.
(d) The explosives.
9. According to Bart, what activity is soothing and sane?
10. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
(b) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
(c) Poe's "The Raven".
(d) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
11. Why does Bart think Vinnie Mason needs to be fired?
(a) Because he attacked him and is dangerous.
(b) Because he is crazy.
(c) Because he is stealing.
(d) So that he can move on to greater things.
12. What time does Bart wake up on the morning of January 20th?
(a) 2:15 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 2:15 p.m.
13. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
(a) It is horrible.
(b) It is strange and cruel.
(c) It is the strongest anywhere.
(d) It is beautiful.
14. On the night of January 10th, what does Bart dream about?
(c) Committing suicide.
15. According to Phil Drake, what happens to the body when one commits suicide?
(a) It rots.
(b) It loses its soul.
(c) It goes to hell.
(d) It gets destroyed during autopsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nursery school teacher call Charlie?
2. On the night of January 10th, what does Bart think about doing with Olivia?
3. What does Bart say to himself to put his plans into effect?
4. What was the crate used for before it held Bart's explosives?
5. What does Fenner say to the police officers during the beginning of the shoot-out?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)