|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of volunteer work does Phil Drake do?
(a) He is a street priest and Dial Help Center volunteer.
(b) He volunteers at a nursing home.
(c) He volunteers at a mission.
(d) He volunteers at the Red Cross.
2. How many people come to take possession of Bart's home?
(a) Four; one person from the city and three police officers.
(b) Four; two people from the city and two police officers.
(c) Two; one person from the city and one police officer.
(d) Three; one person from the city and two police officers.
3. What is the first thing that Bart notices as the drugs begin to kick in?
(b) His feet.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His pants.
4. On January 13th, way does Bart go to see Drake?
(a) To give him money.
(b) To get information from him to put Drake into his will.
(c) To get him to talk to Mary for him.
(d) To give him money and talk about going into business together.
5. When talking to Fenner about the finalization of the terms of the house, what does Bart find out?
(a) That he is the only one left holding out.
(b) That Mary already signed the papers.
(c) That his home is bugged.
(d) That the price has gone down.
6. Why is Mary happy when she calls Bart on the morning of January 17th?
(a) She decided to come back to Bart.
(b) She got the news he sold the house.
(c) She is moving out of her parents' house.
(d) She got a job.
7. Where does Bart tell the reporter that he obtained the explosives from?
(a) His Christmas stocking.
(b) Quicky Mart.
8. How many sticks of explosives does Bart buy from Magliore?
(a) Twenty (20).
(b) Forty (40).
(c) Ten (10).
(d) One hundred (100).
9. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
(a) It is strange and cruel.
(b) It is the strongest anywhere.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is horrible.
10. What does Bart find out about the continuing operations of the Blue Ribbon Laundry?
(a) The laundry found a new site and will be opening in two months.
(b) The business folded after Bart's blunder with the new property.
(c) The industrial aspect of the business is over.
(d) That the corporate share holdings were sold and the business belongs to another company.
11. Why does Phil Drake understand the high that Bart is experiencing?
(a) He does drugs.
(b) He is a recovering drug addict.
(c) He runs a coffee shop and customers come in high all the time.
(d) He is a doctor.
12. Who does Steve Ordner remind Bart of?
(a) Captian Kirk.
(b) Captain Queeg.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
13. On January 11th, where does Bart meet Magliore's men?
(a) Cutter's Alley.
(b) Drop and Bowl.
(c) Twilight Lanes.
(d) Revel Lanes.
14. How does Bart get home from the New Year's Eve party?
(a) Phil Drake.
(b) Walter Hamner.
(c) Tina Wallace.
15. What kind of dreams does Bart have on New Year's Eve?
(a) Dreams about Mary.
(b) Nightmares about Charlie.
(c) None; he doesn't have any dreams.
(d) Dreams about Olivia.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
2. On the morning of January 20th, what does Bart do with the explosives?
3. What does Bart do on the night of January 19th right before falling asleep?
4. What does Bart do with the canape that Mary brings to him?
5. What does Bart take down to the post office on the morning of January 16th?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)