|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart prepare to mail to Mary on the night of January 10th?
(a) A suicide note.
(b) Divorce papers.
(c) His checkbook with a balance of $35,053.49.
(d) A letter of apology.
2. What kind of volunteer work does Phil Drake do?
(a) He volunteers at a mission.
(b) He volunteers at the Red Cross.
(c) He is a street priest and Dial Help Center volunteer.
(d) He volunteers at a nursing home.
3. After asking Magliore to locate Olivia for him, what does Bart tell him to do if he can't find her?
(a) Give up without a second thought.
(b) Give the money to Mary.
(c) Keep the money he is offering.
(d) Never stop looking for her.
4. Where does Bart tell the reporter that he obtained the explosives from?
(c) His Christmas stocking.
(d) Quicky Mart.
5. What album does Bart buy that he really likes?
(a) Crosby, Stills, and Nash.
(d) "Let It Bleed" by The Rolling Stones.
6. How many people come to take possession of Bart's home?
(a) Two; one person from the city and one police officer.
(b) Four; one person from the city and three police officers.
(c) Three; one person from the city and two police officers.
(d) Four; two people from the city and two police officers.
7. What movie does Bart go see on January 16th?
(a) The Exorcist.
(b) Blazing Saddles.
(c) The Trial of Billy Jack.
8. When talking to Fenner about the finalization of the terms of the house, what does Bart find out?
(a) That his home is bugged.
(b) That he is the only one left holding out.
(c) That Mary already signed the papers.
(d) That the price has gone down.
9. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
(b) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
(c) Poe's "The Raven".
(d) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
10. What does Bart say to himself to put his plans into effect?
(a) Let's go.
(c) Roll it.
(d) Time to blow.
11. Why is there an "issue" with Bart's deposit slip at the bank?
(a) Bart's account was closed by his "wife".
(b) The teller is taunting him about the money.
(c) Bart does not have an account at the bank.
(d) Bart wants to withdraw $34,250.00 from his account.
12. After seeing the pristine snow cover in the back yard, what does Bart want to do?
(a) Make a snow angel.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Water it down and make it into ice.
(d) Run all over the back yard to mess it up.
13. What does Bart do to the album that he does not like?
(a) He pours Southern Comfort on it and lights it in the fireplace.
(b) He mails it to Olivia.
(c) He breaks it over his knee.
(d) He throws it in the trash.
14. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is the strongest anywhere.
(c) It is strange and cruel.
(d) It is horrible.
15. How much does the woman behind Bart cash her social security check for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since taking the drugs,what fictional character has Bart felt like?
2. On January 13th, way does Bart go to see Drake?
3. How does Drake get the money to run his coffee shop?
4. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
5. Who is the opening quote for January written by?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)