|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
(a) Do something illegal.
(b) Commit a moral sin.
(c) Start dating Mary.
(d) Risk his own life.
2. How many sticks of explosives does Bart buy from Magliore?
(a) Ten (10).
(b) Twenty (20).
(c) One hundred (100).
(d) Forty (40).
3. According to Magliore, when you kill a guy, what are you doing?
(a) Putting him out of his misery.
(b) Doing God a favor.
(c) Sparing him the pain of hell.
(d) Ridding the world of a meaningless waste of oxygen.
4. What does Bart say to himself to put his plans into effect?
(a) Roll it.
(b) Let's go.
(c) Time to blow.
5. Why is Mary happy when she calls Bart on the morning of January 17th?
(a) She got the news he sold the house.
(b) She is moving out of her parents' house.
(c) She decided to come back to Bart.
(d) She got a job.
6. On the morning of January 20th, what does Bart do with the explosives?
(a) Wires them in the garage.
(b) Loads them into his car.
(c) Wires them throughout the house.
(d) Wires them along his property line.
7. Mary questions Bart about the money from the sale of the house. What does his splitting the money down the middle mean?
(a) The divorce is going to happen.
(b) That he just wants to be fair.
(c) It means nothing to her.
(d) That he really cares about her.
8. What song is on the stereo as Bart is test firing his guns?
(a) Start Me Up.
(b) Brown Sugar.
(c) Midnight Rambler.
9. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
(a) It is strange and cruel.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is the strongest anywhere.
(d) It is horrible.
10. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) Poe's "The Raven".
(b) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
(c) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
(d) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
11. On January 13th, way does Bart go to see Drake?
(a) To give him money.
(b) To get information from him to put Drake into his will.
(c) To get him to talk to Mary for him.
(d) To give him money and talk about going into business together.
12. What does Bart describe as a shrouded corpse in his home?
(a) The guns he bought from Harold.
(b) The marital bed.
(c) The television.
(d) The pictures from his and Mary's wedding.
13. What time does Bart wake up on the morning of January 20th?
(a) 2:15 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 2:15 p.m.
14. Since taking the drugs,what fictional character has Bart felt like?
(b) Atticus Fitch.
(c) Jeckyll and Hyde.
(d) Huck Finn.
15. How does Bart get home from the New Year's Eve party?
(a) Phil Drake.
(b) Walter Hamner.
(d) Tina Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Bart tell Mary during their January 17th conversation?
2. According to Phil Drake, what happens to the body when one commits suicide?
3. According to Bart, what is the name of the place where the events that occur there seem planned and sentient?
4. Bart hands Magliore eighteen thousand dollars. What is this money for?
5. What kind of volunteer work does Phil Drake do?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)