|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart take down to the post office on the morning of January 16th?
(a) The envelope for Olivia.
(b) Charlie's clothes for donation.
(c) A letter to Steve Ornder.
(d) The envelope for Mary.
2. How many shells does the .460 Weatherbee hold?
(a) Twelve (12).
(b) Ten (10).
(c) Eight (8).
(d) Five (5).
3. How does Drake get the money to run his coffee shop?
(a) From donations.
(b) He is independently wealthy.
(c) From loans.
(d) Old family money.
4. After dark on January 19th, what does Bart bring in from the garage?
(a) The guns.
(b) The explosives.
(c) Charlie's clothes.
(d) Gasoline cans.
5. How does Bart get home from the New Year's Eve party?
(a) Phil Drake.
(b) Walter Hamner.
(c) Tina Wallace.
6. After asking Magliore to locate Olivia for him, what does Bart tell him to do if he can't find her?
(a) Give the money to Mary.
(b) Keep the money he is offering.
(c) Give up without a second thought.
(d) Never stop looking for her.
7. What song is on the stereo as Bart is test firing his guns?
(a) Start Me Up.
(b) Brown Sugar.
(c) Midnight Rambler.
8. What does Bart do with the five thousand dollars he brought into the coffee shop?
(a) Throws it in the trash.
(b) Puts it in an old man's cup of coffee.
(c) Gives it to the street kid.
(d) Puts it in Drake's coffee pot.
9. What author does Waly Hamner steal this quote from: "The center does not hold"?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Percy Shelly.
10. What does Bart tell Magliore to think about right before he leaves on January 15th?
(a) What life is really about.
(b) Mr. Piazzi's dog.
(c) The after-life.
(d) Forgetting about him.
11. On the morning of January 20th, what does Bart do with the explosives?
(a) Wires them throughout the house.
(b) Wires them along his property line.
(c) Wires them in the garage.
(d) Loads them into his car.
12. What does Bart do on the night of January 19th right before falling asleep?
(a) Takes more drugs.
(b) Cries hysterically.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Screams at the top of his lungs.
13. According to Phil Drake, what happens to the body when one commits suicide?
(a) It loses its soul.
(b) It goes to hell.
(c) It rots.
(d) It gets destroyed during autopsy.
14. What kind of dreams does Bart have on New Year's Eve?
(a) Dreams about Mary.
(b) Dreams about Olivia.
(c) None; he doesn't have any dreams.
(d) Nightmares about Charlie.
15. How much does the woman behind Bart cash her social security check for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart break at the signal of the new year?
2. What album does Bart buy that he really likes?
3. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
4. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
5. What is Mary worried about regarding the divorce from Bart?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)