|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shells does the .460 Weatherbee hold?
(a) Eight (8).
(b) Five (5).
(c) Twelve (12).
(d) Ten (10).
2. What lie does Bart tell Mary during their January 17th conversation?
(a) That he went and saw a psychiatrist.
(b) That he has a job selling cars at Magliore's car dealership.
(c) That he hasn't slept with anyone since their split.
(d) That he is moving out of state.
3. According to Phil Drake, what happens to the body when one commits suicide?
(a) It loses its soul.
(b) It gets destroyed during autopsy.
(c) It goes to hell.
(d) It rots.
4. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
(b) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
(c) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
(d) Poe's "The Raven".
5. On January 11th, where does Bart meet Magliore's men?
(a) Cutter's Alley.
(b) Twilight Lanes.
(c) Revel Lanes.
(d) Drop and Bowl.
6. According to Magliore, when you kill a guy, what are you doing?
(a) Sparing him the pain of hell.
(b) Doing God a favor.
(c) Putting him out of his misery.
(d) Ridding the world of a meaningless waste of oxygen.
7. What does Bart prepare to mail to Mary on the night of January 10th?
(a) Divorce papers.
(b) A suicide note.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) His checkbook with a balance of $35,053.49.
8. What news does Bart drop on Steve regarding Steve's honesty during the last five years at Blue Ribbon?
(a) That Bart knows he took petty cash vouchers.
(b) That he stole office supplies for his home office.
(c) That he had an affair with one of the employees.
(d) That he used company time to get his personal laundry cleaned.
9. How many people come to take possession of Bart's home?
(a) Two; one person from the city and one police officer.
(b) Four; one person from the city and three police officers.
(c) Three; one person from the city and two police officers.
(d) Four; two people from the city and two police officers.
10. How many sticks of explosives does Bart buy from Magliore?
(a) One hundred (100).
(b) Twenty (20).
(c) Ten (10).
(d) Forty (40).
11. What time do the men come to take possession of Bart's home?
(a) A little past ten in the morning.
(b) A little past nine in the morning.
(c) At noon.
(d) A little past eight in the morning.
12. Where does Bart find Charlie's clothes?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In Mary's secret place.
(c) In trash bags in the garage.
(d) Under his bed in boxes.
13. What time does Bart wake up on the morning of January 20th?
(a) 4:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 2:15 p.m.
(d) 2:15 a.m.
14. After dark on January 19th, what does Bart bring in from the garage?
(a) The guns.
(b) Charlie's clothes.
(c) Gasoline cans.
(d) The explosives.
15. At the end of the conversation about the explosives, what does Bart tell Magliore he wants to do?
(a) Set up a trust fund.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Get back together with Mary.
(d) Run away with Olivia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing about the night that Bart took the drugs that really bothers him?
2. What does Bart describe as a shrouded corpse in his home?
3. On January 5th, what happens to the lady at the store?
4. Why does Bart think Vinnie Mason needs to be fired?
5. What was the crate used for before it held Bart's explosives?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)