|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the conversation about the explosives, what does Bart tell Magliore he wants to do?
(a) Get back together with Mary.
(b) Set up a trust fund.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Run away with Olivia.
2. On January 13th, way does Bart go to see Drake?
(a) To get information from him to put Drake into his will.
(b) To give him money.
(c) To give him money and talk about going into business together.
(d) To get him to talk to Mary for him.
3. How has the effect of the drugs been good for Bart?
(a) His mind feels clean.
(b) He tells someone the truth about his plans.
(c) He learns that some things are better finished.
(d) He is able to stand up to Mary.
4. Bart places some money in a beer stein that Mary got for him. What does it say on the stein?
(a) World's Best Husband.
(b) There is always tomorrow.
(c) U.S. Drinking Team.
(d) I Love You.
5. What does Bart break at the signal of the new year?
(a) A bottle of Southern Comfort.
(b) His television.
(c) A glass.
(d) His hand.
6. Where does Bart tell the reporter that he obtained the explosives from?
(a) Quicky Mart.
(d) His Christmas stocking.
7. How much does the woman behind Bart cash her social security check for?
8. What is the first thing that Bart notices as the drugs begin to kick in?
(a) His pants.
(b) His feet.
(d) His fingers.
9. What picture of Mary's, by Homer Winslow, do bullets from the police hit?
(c) "Cloud Shaddows".
(d) "The Reaper".
10. What does the nursery school teacher call Charlie?
11. Why does Bart think Vinnie Mason needs to be fired?
(a) Because he is crazy.
(b) Because he is stealing.
(c) So that he can move on to greater things.
(d) Because he attacked him and is dangerous.
12. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is horrible.
(c) It is strange and cruel.
(d) It is the strongest anywhere.
13. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
(b) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
(c) Poe's "The Raven".
(d) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
14. What is the name of the reporter that Bart talks to about his reasoning for what he is doing?
(a) Freddrick Olivia.
(b) Shawn Miller.
(c) David Demps.
(d) Dave Albert.
15. What does Bart take down to the post office on the morning of January 16th?
(a) Charlie's clothes for donation.
(b) A letter to Steve Ornder.
(c) The envelope for Mary.
(d) The envelope for Olivia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart say to himself to put his plans into effect?
2. What quote from Richard Widmark does Bart recall when getting ready to fire the Weatherbee?
3. According to Magliore, during their January 8th conversation, what is Bart asking him to do?
4. What album is on Bart's record player when he sets off the bombs?
5. How does Drake get the money to run his coffee shop?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)