|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tina Howard Wallace?
(a) Mary's best friend.
(b) A drunk who hits Bart for no reason.
(c) The wife of the host.
(d) The first girl Bart ever touched sexually.
2. What picture of Mary's, by Homer Winslow, do bullets from the police hit?
(c) "The Reaper".
(d) "Cloud Shaddows".
3. What does Bart describe as a shrouded corpse in his home?
(a) The marital bed.
(b) The guns he bought from Harold.
(c) The pictures from his and Mary's wedding.
(d) The television.
4. Mary questions Bart about the money from the sale of the house. What does his splitting the money down the middle mean?
(a) That he really cares about her.
(b) It means nothing to her.
(c) That he just wants to be fair.
(d) The divorce is going to happen.
5. What lie does Bart tell Mary during their January 17th conversation?
(a) That he has a job selling cars at Magliore's car dealership.
(b) That he hasn't slept with anyone since their split.
(c) That he is moving out of state.
(d) That he went and saw a psychiatrist.
6. What does Bart realize about a woman's love on the day Charlie starts nursery school?
(a) It is the strongest anywhere.
(b) It is strange and cruel.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is horrible.
7. What quote from Richard Widmark does Bart recall when getting ready to fire the Weatherbee?
(a) Jerk the trigger.
(b) Pop the trigger.
(c) Pull the trigger.
(d) Squeeze the trigger.
8. According to Phil Drake, what happens to the body when one commits suicide?
(a) It rots.
(b) It gets destroyed during autopsy.
(c) It loses its soul.
(d) It goes to hell.
9. What kind of dreams does Bart have on New Year's Eve?
(a) Dreams about Olivia.
(b) Nightmares about Charlie.
(c) Dreams about Mary.
(d) None; he doesn't have any dreams.
10. Where does Bart aim his first shot on the attack to save his home?
(a) The police crusier's front wheel.
(b) The police crusier's windshield.
(c) The city car's front wheel.
(d) The city car's windshield.
11. What time do the men come to take possession of Bart's home?
(a) At noon.
(b) A little past ten in the morning.
(c) A little past nine in the morning.
(d) A little past eight in the morning.
12. What does Bart prepare to mail to Mary on the night of January 10th?
(a) Divorce papers.
(b) His checkbook with a balance of $35,053.49.
(c) A suicide note.
(d) A letter of apology.
13. What author does Waly Hamner steal this quote from: "The center does not hold"?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) Percy Shelly.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) T.S. Eliot.
14. Who does Phil Drake quote while talking to Bart in the den?
(a) Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury".
(b) James' "The Turn of the Screw".
(c) Poe's "The Raven".
(d) Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
15. According to Bart, what is the name of the place where the events that occur there seem planned and sentient?
(a) The Blue Ribbon Laundry.
(c) Nicky's Diner.
(d) The observation desk erected at the 784 construction site.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bart tell the reporter that he obtained the explosives from?
2. What was the crate used for before it held Bart's explosives?
3. What does Bart do with the five thousand dollars he brought into the coffee shop?
4. How has the effect of the drugs been good for Bart?
5. On January 14th, what does Bart buy at Sears?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)