|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Bart tells Mary is booked through June?
(a) Ben Johnson.
(b) Johnny Walker.
(c) Nicholas Adams.
(d) Cindy Mason.
2. How much money are Bart and Mary short on buying the better television?
(a) Ten dollars (10.00).
(b) Sixty Dollars (60.00).
(c) Twenty dollars (20.00).
(d) Forty dollars (40.00).
3. What does the customer in the gun shop claim always happens to automatic guns?
(a) They always hit their mark.
(b) They always get stolen.
(c) They are always dependable.
(d) They always jam.
4. What business does Sally One-Eye use as a cover-up for his mob dealings?
(a) Magliore's Guaranteed Okay Used Cars.
(b) Magliore's Home Construction.
(c) Sally's Advertising.
(d) Sally's Diner.
5. What does Mary do to earn her half of the money needed for a new television?
(a) Waitressing at Nicky's Diner.
(b) Selling her prized doll collection.
(c) Sewing and embroidery work.
(d) Working part-time as a maid.
6. What does everyone at the laundry call Bart?
(c) Mr. Dawes.
7. What does Stephan Ordner threaten Bart with if the contract on Waterford is lost?
(a) That Bart will lose his job.
(b) That Bart will be responsible for the laundry shutting down.
(c) That Bart will be demoted.
(d) That Stephan will destroy Bart's life.
8. Since losing the laundry job, where has Tom been working?
(a) Harvey's Gun Shop.
(d) Thom McCan Shoes.
9. What is the address of Bart's home?
(a) 1241 Fallencrest Street West.
(b) 1800 784 Extension.
(c) 44 Motorcourt Street.
(d) 1241 Crestallen Street West.
10. On December 17th, who calls Bart to tell him that the Blue Ribbon Laundry is to be demolished the following day?
(a) Tom Granger.
(c) Steve Ordner.
11. Where is Bart walking to when he spots the gun shop?
(a) A breakfast meeting.
(b) A car dealer.
(d) The bus stop.
12. Which of Kurt Vonnegut's novels was burned in Drake, North Dakota?
(a) "Slaughterhouse Five".
(b) "Cat's Cradle".
(d) "Mother Night".
13. What is the only way that Bart sees his son, Charlie?
(a) At prison.
(b) He never sees Charlie.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) At the graveyard.
14. What forces Bart to remember that he set the fires the previous night?
(a) The mud tracked in from the front door.
(b) The gloves he woke with in his hands.
(c) The extra torn shirts that he had used for wicks laying by his bed.
(d) The smell of gasoline on his skin.
15. What, according to Francis Lane, is the reason the construction is going to be halted for a month or more?
(a) It is going to take that long to clean up the mess.
(b) The fire marshal is declaring the site a crime scene.
(c) All of the materials needed for the construction (concrete, bricks, rebar) need to be reordered.
(d) All of the site's paperwork was lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the opening quote to the novel?
2. Prior to eating at Bart's, what has the hitchhiker been eating for the last year?
3. What is the name of the Democratic candidate who speaks out against the "vandalism" of the 784 construction site?
4. Who pulls up to the demolition of the Blue Ribbon Laundry in a brand new 1974 Toyota Corolla?
5. Magliore tells Bart that even if his background checks out, he still may not do business with him. Why?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)