|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Francis Lane, is the reason the construction is going to be halted for a month or more?
(a) It is going to take that long to clean up the mess.
(b) All of the site's paperwork was lost.
(c) All of the materials needed for the construction (concrete, bricks, rebar) need to be reordered.
(d) The fire marshal is declaring the site a crime scene.
2. What does Stephan Ordner threaten Bart with if the contract on Waterford is lost?
(a) That Stephan will destroy Bart's life.
(b) That Bart will be demoted.
(c) That Bart will be responsible for the laundry shutting down.
(d) That Bart will lose his job.
3. On the night Bart sets the fires, what is wrong with his dreams?
(a) He feels like his dreams are accusing him of setting the fires.
(b) His dreams keep waking him up.
(c) He feels like his dreams are going to come true.
(d) He thinks he is awake.
4. In Bart's dream, on the morning of November 22nd, what are he and Charlie building?
(a) A sandcastle.
(b) A tree fort.
(c) A soap box car.
(d) A model car.
5. What is the address of Bart's home?
(a) 44 Motorcourt Street.
(b) 1241 Fallencrest Street West.
(c) 1241 Crestallen Street West.
(d) 1800 784 Extension.
6. Where is Bart walking to when he spots the gun shop?
(b) A car dealer.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) A breakfast meeting.
7. What are people from the laundry, and around town, saying about Bart?
(a) That he is crazy.
(b) That someone had to do it.
(c) That they are sorry for him.
(d) That he did what he had to do.
8. What does Bart do to earn his half of the money needed for a new television?
(a) He paints the smoke stack of the laundry.
(b) He goes to work as a bartender at Nicky's Diner.
(c) He sells his prized comic book collection.
(d) He mows grass in the neighborhood.
9. Which of Kurt Vonnegut's novels was burned in Drake, North Dakota?
(a) "Mother Night".
(c) "Slaughterhouse Five".
(d) "Cat's Cradle".
10. Where are Mary and Bart invited for New Year's Eve, even though the host knows they are separated?
(a) Steve Ordner's.
(b) Walter Hanmer's.
(c) Roy Tarkington's.
(d) Vinnie Mason's.
11. What happens to Bart's favorite coffee cup?
(a) He throws it into his car to explain the broken window.
(b) He breaks it by throwing it across the room.
(c) He burns himself with coffee and drops the cup.
(d) He breaks it by fumbling it off the hook.
12. What wakes Bart up on Christmas morning?
(a) A collect call.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A siren.
(d) The doorbell.
13. Which of the presents that Bart brings to Mary is wrapped?
(a) All of them.
(b) Only the doll.
(c) None of them.
(d) Only her present.
14. What does the plaque on Bart's desk say?
(b) Have A Great Day.
(c) I am here to listen.
(d) Think! It May Be A New Experience.
15. What is the name of the hitchhiker?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the value of the crane that Bart set fire to?
2. What happened to Johnny Walker's brother, Arnie?
3. Magliore tells Bart that even if his background checks out, he still may not do business with him. Why?
4. What word does the hitchhiker use to describe the 784 extension?
5. To whom does Bart place a call from the gun shop?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)