|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary disagrees with Bart, what does she say when she eventually gives in?
(a) I'll humor you.
(b) I am just a woman...what do I know?
(c) You're the man.
(d) Fine...have it your way.
2. How many people are on Bart's unabridged Christmas list?
(a) Over one hundred and twenty (120) names.
(b) No names.
(c) One hundred (100) names.
(d) Two (2) names.
3. How much money does Bart bring to go Christmas shopping with?
(a) One thousand (1000.00) dollars.
(b) One hundred (100.00) dollars.
(c) Five hundred (500.00) dollars.
(d) Fifty (50.00) dollars.
4. How much does Bart end up spending on the two guns?
(a) Seven hundred (700.00) dollars.
(b) One thousand (1000.00) dollars.
(c) Nine hundred (900.00) dollars.
(d) Three hundred (300.00) dollars.
5. What happens to Olivia on her third night in Vegas?
(a) She gets a job as a bartender.
(b) She gets a job at a casino.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She gets a job at a gentleman's club.
6. What is the name of the psychiatrist that Bart tells Mary is booked through June?
(a) Nicholas Adams.
(b) Cindy Mason.
(c) Johnny Walker.
(d) Ben Johnson.
7. What does Bart tell the man at the garage about his broken window?
(a) That he had to break it because he locked his keys in his car.
(b) That vandals broke into a bunch of cars in his neighborhood and broke his window.
(c) That some kids threw a snowball at it.
(d) That he hit it with a hammer doing construction in his garage.
8. What, according to Francis Lane, is the reason the construction is going to be halted for a month or more?
(a) The fire marshal is declaring the site a crime scene.
(b) All of the site's paperwork was lost.
(c) It is going to take that long to clean up the mess.
(d) All of the materials needed for the construction (concrete, bricks, rebar) need to be reordered.
9. What word does the hitchhiker use to describe the 784 extension?
10. Where does Bart get the idea for creating his own explosives?
(a) An ex-con he meets in a bar.
(b) A Public Service Announcement.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A friend.
11. Who does Bart say he is buying the guns for?
(a) His brother.
(b) His cousin.
(d) His wife.
12. What time is the Blue Ribbon Laundry demolition to start?
(a) Nine a.m.
(b) Ten a.m.
(c) Eight a.m.
13. Why does Bart say that Mary doesn't have it as bad living at her parents' house as she claims?
(a) Because they have money.
(b) They always wanted her to stay at home and take care of them.
(c) Because they never wanted her to marry him.
(d) Because she can finally be happy without him.
14. Who wrote the opening quote to the novel?
(a) Al Stewart.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) William Shakespeare.
15. Who does Bart go to see on the morning of November 23rd?
(a) Stephan Ordner- Bart's boss.
(b) Vinnie Mason- The man in charge of new accounts.
(c) Don Tarkington- The owner of Blue Ribbon Laundry.
(d) Harold Swinerton- The gun shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way that Bart sees his son, Charlie?
2. What did Bart's son die from?
3. What animal is in Bart's nightmare on the night of November 27th?
4. Because of misreading the map, where does the hitchhiker think that Bart is going to drive her to?
5. When Bart finally reaches home after blowing up all of the machinery at the 784 construction site, what does he realize happened to his car?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)