|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bart's son die from?
(a) War-time friendly fire.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Brain tumor.
2. Who does Bart go to see on the morning of November 23rd?
(a) Vinnie Mason- The man in charge of new accounts.
(b) Harold Swinerton- The gun shop owner.
(c) Don Tarkington- The owner of Blue Ribbon Laundry.
(d) Stephan Ordner- Bart's boss.
3. How much money does Bart try to give the hitchhiker?
(a) Twenty (20.00) dollars.
(b) Fifty (50.00) dollars.
(c) One hundred (100.00) dollars.
(d) Two hundred (200.00) dollars.
4. Which of the presents that Bart brings to Mary is wrapped?
(a) All of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Only her present.
(d) Only the doll.
5. Who calls Bart on Christmas day?
(a) Olivia, Mary, and Sal Magliore.
(b) Olivia, Sal Magliore, and Steve Ordner.
(d) Olivia and Mary.
6. What does Bart admit is the reason that Mary moved out and left him?
(a) Because he lost his job.
(b) Because he didn't buy a new house.
(c) Because he went insane.
(d) Because she couldn't stand to be around him any longer.
7. What wakes Bart up on Christmas morning?
(a) A collect call.
(b) The doorbell.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A siren.
8. How much is it going to cost Bart to replace the window in his car that was broken the night he set the fires?
(a) One hundred dollars (100.00).
(b) Thirty dollars (30.00).
(c) Ninety dollars (90.00).
(d) Fifty dollars (50.00).
9. What is the only way that Bart sees his son, Charlie?
(a) At prison.
(b) At the graveyard.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) He never sees Charlie.
10. Because of misreading the map, where does the hitchhiker think that Bart is going to drive her to?
(d) Kansas City.
11. What are people from the laundry, and around town, saying about Bart?
(a) That he did what he had to do.
(b) That he is crazy.
(c) That someone had to do it.
(d) That they are sorry for him.
12. What does Bart do to earn his half of the money needed for a new television?
(a) He mows grass in the neighborhood.
(b) He goes to work as a bartender at Nicky's Diner.
(c) He paints the smoke stack of the laundry.
(d) He sells his prized comic book collection.
13. What does everyone at the laundry call Bart?
(d) Mr. Dawes.
14. What does Bart buy Mary for Christmas?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A blender.
(c) A gold and diamond necklace.
(d) A beaten-silver owl pin.
15. Who, from the laundry, may be attending the New Year's Eve party that Bart and Mary are invited to?
(a) Vinnie Mason.
(b) Sally from accounting.
(c) Steve Ordner.
(d) Ron Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Magliore tells Bart that even if his background checks out, he still may not do business with him. Why?
2. What does the sign of the hitchhiker have printed on it?
3. What is Bart's "private drink"?
4. When is the only time that Mary refers to Bart as "George"?
5. Where are Mary and Bart invited for New Year's Eve, even though the host knows they are separated?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)