|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to eating at Bart's, what has the hitchhiker been eating for the last year?
(b) Animal crackers.
(c) Gummie bears.
2. What time does Bart wake up on the day after he sets the fires?
(a) 4:00 in the morning.
(b) 8:00 in the morning.
(c) 5:00 that night.
(d) 12:30 in the afternoon.
3. What happens to Olivia on her third night in Vegas?
(a) She gets a job at a casino.
(b) She gets a job as a bartender.
(c) She gets a job at a gentleman's club.
(d) She is raped.
4. What business does Sally One-Eye use as a cover-up for his mob dealings?
(a) Sally's Diner.
(b) Magliore's Home Construction.
(c) Magliore's Guaranteed Okay Used Cars.
(d) Sally's Advertising.
5. Which of Kurt Vonnegut's novels was burned in Drake, North Dakota?
(a) "Cat's Cradle".
(b) "Mother Night".
(c) "Slaughterhouse Five".
6. What did Bart's son die from?
(a) War-time friendly fire.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Brain tumor.
7. What kind of cancer does Bart tell Olivia that he has?
(a) Liver cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Cancer of the soul.
(d) Testicular cancer.
8. How much money are Bart and Mary short on buying the better television?
(a) Forty dollars (40.00).
(b) Ten dollars (10.00).
(c) Twenty dollars (20.00).
(d) Sixty Dollars (60.00).
9. What bad news does Sally One-Eye have for Bart?
(a) The fire marshal has been out to his car dealership twice, looking at tapes of the property.
(b) The feds have already questioned him about the fires.
(c) The construction is moving on already.
(d) A camera was mounted to the construction site and has Bart on tape setting the fires.
10. When Bart meets Tom Granger at Nicky's on November 26th, what song is playing on the jukebox?
(a) "Good-bye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John.
(b) "Good-bye to You" by Scandal.
(c) "Goodbye My Friend" by Linda Ronstadt.
(d) "Hello Good-bye" byThe Beatles.
11. What does Bart do as surrogate work, as opposed to finding a real job?
(a) Driving out to Waterford and yelling at the employees.
(b) Taking a long ride on the turnpike.
(c) Driving past Mary's house over and over.
(d) Going to the bar and drinking until he passes out.
12. Because of misreading the map, where does the hitchhiker think that Bart is going to drive her to?
(d) Kansas City.
13. When is the only time that Mary refers to Bart as "George"?
(a) When she is sick.
(b) When she is angry at him.
(c) When she is pleased with him.
(d) When they are going to bed.
14. What does Bart want Magliore to get for him?
(a) A stolen car.
(d) A lead on a hitman.
15. What does Bart admit is the reason that Mary moved out and left him?
(a) Because she couldn't stand to be around him any longer.
(b) Because he went insane.
(c) Because he lost his job.
(d) Because he didn't buy a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone at the laundry call Bart?
2. What does Bart buy Mary for Christmas?
3. What animal is in Bart's nightmare on the night of November 27th?
4. What is the address of Bart's home?
5. What does Bart do to earn his half of the money needed for a new television?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)