Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bart's son die from?
(b) War-time friendly fire.
(c) Brain tumor.
(d) Car accident.
2. What novel does Bart compare his neighborhood to on the evening of November 24th?
(a) "The Dark" by Marianne Curley.
(b) "Dark is the Grave Wherein My Friend is Laid" by Malcolm Lowry
(c) "Bury the Living" by Richard Boone.
(d) "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami.
3. Where does Bart get the idea for creating his own explosives?
(a) A Public Service Announcement.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) An ex-con he meets in a bar.
(d) A friend.
4. What business does Sally One-Eye use as a cover-up for his mob dealings?
(a) Magliore's Home Construction.
(b) Sally's Diner.
(c) Magliore's Guaranteed Okay Used Cars.
(d) Sally's Advertising.
5. Who does Bart say he is buying the guns for?
(a) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
6. One gallon of gas equals the explosive potential of how many sticks of dynamite?
(a) Five (5).
(b) Twelve (12).
(c) Ten (10).
(d) Twenty (20).
7. Who calls Bart on Christmas day?
(a) Olivia, Mary, and Sal Magliore.
(b) Olivia, Sal Magliore, and Steve Ordner.
(c) Olivia and Mary.
8. What, according to Francis Lane, is the reason the construction is going to be halted for a month or more?
(a) All of the site's paperwork was lost.
(b) It is going to take that long to clean up the mess.
(c) All of the materials needed for the construction (concrete, bricks, rebar) need to be reordered.
(d) The fire marshal is declaring the site a crime scene.
9. On his first visit to Magliore's car dealer, what name does Bart call Magliore that gets his attention?
10. What is the name of the Democratic candidate who speaks out against the "vandalism" of the 784 construction site?
(a) David Burkham.
(b) Carl Spindler.
(c) Samuel Bortner.
(d) Victor Winterburger.
11. What are people doing at Johnny Walker's delivery accident scene?
(a) Blaming Johnny for the accident.
(b) Stealing sheets and towels.
(c) Running away from the grizzly scene.
(d) Helping Johnny out of the delivery van.
12. Prior to eating at Bart's, what has the hitchhiker been eating for the last year?
(c) Animal crackers.
(d) Gummie bears.
13. How much money are Bart and Mary short on buying the better television?
(a) Sixty Dollars (60.00).
(b) Ten dollars (10.00).
(c) Twenty dollars (20.00).
(d) Forty dollars (40.00).
14. What time does Bart wake up on the day after he sets the fires?
(a) 12:30 in the afternoon.
(b) 4:00 in the morning.
(c) 5:00 that night.
(d) 8:00 in the morning.
15. What was Bart's first job at Blue Ribbon Laundry?
(a) Washroom helper.
(b) Washroom foreman.
(c) Driver boss.
(d) Operations manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, from the laundry, may be attending the New Year's Eve party that Bart and Mary are invited to?
2. What wakes Bart up on Christmas morning?
3. On the night Bart sets the fires, what is wrong with his dreams?
4. According to Bart, what is the white-collar name for a glorified office boy?
5. After Bart calls Magilore's, he goes home and finds Mary sick. Who does Mary compare herself to because of her voice?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)