|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business does Sally One-Eye use as a cover-up for his mob dealings?
(a) Magliore's Home Construction.
(b) Magliore's Guaranteed Okay Used Cars.
(c) Sally's Diner.
(d) Sally's Advertising.
2. On the night Bart sets the fires, what is wrong with his dreams?
(a) He feels like his dreams are going to come true.
(b) He feels like his dreams are accusing him of setting the fires.
(c) His dreams keep waking him up.
(d) He thinks he is awake.
3. How much money are Bart and Mary short on buying the better television?
(a) Ten dollars (10.00).
(b) Forty dollars (40.00).
(c) Sixty Dollars (60.00).
(d) Twenty dollars (20.00).
4. What, according to Francis Lane, is the reason the construction is going to be halted for a month or more?
(a) All of the materials needed for the construction (concrete, bricks, rebar) need to be reordered.
(b) It is going to take that long to clean up the mess.
(c) The fire marshal is declaring the site a crime scene.
(d) All of the site's paperwork was lost.
5. What are people from the laundry, and around town, saying about Bart?
(a) That they are sorry for him.
(b) That he did what he had to do.
(c) That he is crazy.
(d) That someone had to do it.
6. After Bart calls Magilore's, he goes home and finds Mary sick. Who does Mary compare herself to because of her voice?
(a) Bugs Bunny.
(b) Elmer Fudd.
(c) Charlie Brown's teacher.
(d) Donald Duck.
7. Prior to eating at Bart's, what has the hitchhiker been eating for the last year?
(a) Gummie bears.
(c) Animal crackers.
8. What is Bart's "private drink"?
(a) Southern Comfort and Seven-Up.
(b) Bushmills rocks.
(c) Jack Daniels and Coke.
(d) Busch beer.
9. Who does Bart go to see on the morning of November 23rd?
(a) Harold Swinerton- The gun shop owner.
(b) Don Tarkington- The owner of Blue Ribbon Laundry.
(c) Vinnie Mason- The man in charge of new accounts.
(d) Stephan Ordner- Bart's boss.
10. According to Bart, what is worse than spending his life in prison?
(a) All of the people of the town talking about him being crazy.
(b) Mary finding out that he set the fires.
(d) Mary's parents telling her "I told you so".
11. At the end of the day, November 24th, who is Bart talking to?
(a) Mary, his wife.
(b) Fred, his "other" personality.
(c) The banker in charge of the buy-out.
(d) Charlie, his son.
12. What does Bart buy Mary for Christmas?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A beaten-silver owl pin.
(c) A blender.
(d) A gold and diamond necklace.
13. What is the name of the hitchhiker?
14. What novel does Bart compare his neighborhood to on the evening of November 24th?
(a) "The Dark" by Marianne Curley.
(b) "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami.
(c) "Dark is the Grave Wherein My Friend is Laid" by Malcolm Lowry
(d) "Bury the Living" by Richard Boone.
15. Where did Bart's father die of a stroke?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In his bed.
(c) At a highway construction site.
(d) In a garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bart want Magliore to get for him?
2. What time does Bart wake up on the day after he sets the fires?
3. According to Bart, what is the white-collar name for a glorified office boy?
4. What are people doing at Johnny Walker's delivery accident scene?
5. According to Tom, what has Steve Ordner been asking other employees about regarding Bart?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)