|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bart buy Mary for Christmas?
(a) A blender.
(b) A gold and diamond necklace.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A beaten-silver owl pin.
2. On December 17th, who calls Bart to tell him that the Blue Ribbon Laundry is to be demolished the following day?
(c) Steve Ordner.
(d) Tom Granger.
3. What wakes Bart up from his nap in the U-Wash-It laundry mat?
(a) A Salvation Army Santa's bell.
(b) A woman runs over his foot with a rolling basket.
(c) A child screaming for a bottle.
(d) The laundry attendant telling him people are not allowed to sleep in the laundry.
4. What items does Bart fill with gasoline siphoned from the gas tank of his car?
(a) Returnable soda and beer bottles.
(b) Old olive oil jars.
(c) Mary's decorative glass jar collection.
(d) Old oil cans.
5. Who, from the laundry, may be attending the New Year's Eve party that Bart and Mary are invited to?
(a) Sally from accounting.
(b) Vinnie Mason.
(c) Ron Stone.
(d) Steve Ordner.
6. What bad news does Sally One-Eye have for Bart?
(a) The fire marshal has been out to his car dealership twice, looking at tapes of the property.
(b) The construction is moving on already.
(c) The feds have already questioned him about the fires.
(d) A camera was mounted to the construction site and has Bart on tape setting the fires.
7. What are people from the laundry, and around town, saying about Bart?
(a) That someone had to do it.
(b) That he is crazy.
(c) That he did what he had to do.
(d) That they are sorry for him.
8. What does Bart do to earn his half of the money needed for a new television?
(a) He goes to work as a bartender at Nicky's Diner.
(b) He mows grass in the neighborhood.
(c) He sells his prized comic book collection.
(d) He paints the smoke stack of the laundry.
9. When Bart meets Tom Granger at Nicky's on November 26th, what song is playing on the jukebox?
(a) "Hello Good-bye" byThe Beatles.
(b) "Goodbye My Friend" by Linda Ronstadt.
(c) "Good-bye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John.
(d) "Good-bye to You" by Scandal.
10. How much money are Bart and Mary short on buying the better television?
(a) Ten dollars (10.00).
(b) Sixty Dollars (60.00).
(c) Twenty dollars (20.00).
(d) Forty dollars (40.00).
11. What time does Bart wake up on the day after he sets the fires?
(a) 4:00 in the morning.
(b) 5:00 that night.
(c) 12:30 in the afternoon.
(d) 8:00 in the morning.
12. On the morning of December 10th, where does Bart meet Mary?
(a) Handy Andy's.
(b) Charles Fort.
(c) Pete's Place.
(d) Nicky's Diner.
13. What does Bart think as he sees Mary walking in the door?
(a) Mary, I never should have made you leave me.
(b) Mary, you ought to thank me; you're beautiful.
(c) Mary, seeing you kills me.
(d) Mary, I hate you for what you made me do.
14. Who does Bart run into at the mall while Christmas shopping?
(a) Stephan Ordner.
(b) Vinnie Mason.
(c) Ray Tarkington.
15. Which of the presents that Bart brings to Mary is wrapped?
(a) Only the doll.
(b) None of them.
(c) Only her present.
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bart say that Mary doesn't have it as bad living at her parents' house as she claims?
2. When Mary disagrees with Bart, what does she say when she eventually gives in?
3. What did Bart's son die from?
4. Where did Salvatore Magliore get his nickname, Sally One-Eye?
5. Of all the machinery that Bart sets on fire, which piece does he consider the masterpiece?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)