|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Bart up from his nap in the U-Wash-It laundry mat?
(a) A Salvation Army Santa's bell.
(b) The laundry attendant telling him people are not allowed to sleep in the laundry.
(c) A child screaming for a bottle.
(d) A woman runs over his foot with a rolling basket.
2. What is the name of the Democratic candidate who speaks out against the "vandalism" of the 784 construction site?
(a) David Burkham.
(b) Samuel Bortner.
(c) Carl Spindler.
(d) Victor Winterburger.
3. What does everyone at the laundry call Bart?
(c) Mr. Dawes.
4. How much money does Bart try to give the hitchhiker?
(a) One hundred (100.00) dollars.
(b) Two hundred (200.00) dollars.
(c) Fifty (50.00) dollars.
(d) Twenty (20.00) dollars.
5. How much money does Bart bring to go Christmas shopping with?
(a) Five hundred (500.00) dollars.
(b) Fifty (50.00) dollars.
(c) One hundred (100.00) dollars.
(d) One thousand (1000.00) dollars.
6. What wakes Bart up on Christmas morning?
(a) A collect call.
(b) The doorbell.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A siren.
7. What items does Bart fill with gasoline siphoned from the gas tank of his car?
(a) Mary's decorative glass jar collection.
(b) Old oil cans.
(c) Returnable soda and beer bottles.
(d) Old olive oil jars.
8. What novel does Bart compare his neighborhood to on the evening of November 24th?
(a) "The Dark" by Marianne Curley.
(b) "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami.
(c) "Bury the Living" by Richard Boone.
(d) "Dark is the Grave Wherein My Friend is Laid" by Malcolm Lowry
9. What was the value of the crane that Bart set fire to?
(a) Sixty thousand dollars (60,000.00).
(b) Five hundred thousand dolars (500,000.00).
(c) Six hundred thousand dollars (600,000.00).
(d) Fifty thousand dollars (50,000.00).
10. Where did Salvatore Magliore get his nickname, Sally One-Eye?
(a) He has a cataract in one eye.
(b) He lost one eye in a bar fight.
(c) He has a well-known stare down technique that everyone knows and fears.
(d) He has a lazy eye.
11. How long is the crane that Bart set fire to going to be out of commission?
(a) One (1) week.
(b) Forever. It is totaled.
(c) Two (2) weeks.
(d) Four (4) weeks.
12. What kind of cancer does Bart tell Olivia that he has?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Testicular cancer.
(c) Cancer of the soul.
(d) Liver cancer.
13. What is Bart's "private drink"?
(a) Southern Comfort and Seven-Up.
(b) Bushmills rocks.
(c) Busch beer.
(d) Jack Daniels and Coke.
14. What time does Bart wake up on the day after he sets the fires?
(a) 4:00 in the morning.
(b) 5:00 that night.
(c) 12:30 in the afternoon.
(d) 8:00 in the morning.
15. What bad news does Sally One-Eye have for Bart?
(a) The fire marshal has been out to his car dealership twice, looking at tapes of the property.
(b) The feds have already questioned him about the fires.
(c) The construction is moving on already.
(d) A camera was mounted to the construction site and has Bart on tape setting the fires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is the Blue Ribbon Laundry demolition to start?
2. Where is the "wonderful replica of Crestallen Street" located at?
3. After Bart calls Magilore's, he goes home and finds Mary sick. Who does Mary compare herself to because of her voice?
4. On his first visit to Magliore's car dealer, what name does Bart call Magliore that gets his attention?
5. According to Bart, what is the white-collar name for a glorified office boy?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)