Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary require of Bart before she will come home to him?
(a) That he find them a new house.
(b) That he go to see a psychiatrist.
(c) That he tell her the truth about Olivia.
(d) That he get a new job.
2. To whom does Bart place a call from the gun shop?
(a) WDST Weatherphone.
(b) His wife, Mary.
(c) His friend that hunts.
(d) HIs son, Charlie.
3. What happens to Bart's favorite coffee cup?
(a) He throws it into his car to explain the broken window.
(b) He breaks it by throwing it across the room.
(c) He burns himself with coffee and drops the cup.
(d) He breaks it by fumbling it off the hook.
4. Who wrote the opening quote to the novel?
(a) Al Stewart.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
5. What novel does Bart compare his neighborhood to on the evening of November 24th?
(a) "Bury the Living" by Richard Boone.
(b) "Dark is the Grave Wherein My Friend is Laid" by Malcolm Lowry
(c) "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami.
(d) "The Dark" by Marianne Curley.
6. What does Bart tell the man at the garage about his broken window?
(a) That vandals broke into a bunch of cars in his neighborhood and broke his window.
(b) That he had to break it because he locked his keys in his car.
(c) That he hit it with a hammer doing construction in his garage.
(d) That some kids threw a snowball at it.
7. In Bart's dream, on the morning of November 22nd, what are he and Charlie building?
(a) A sandcastle.
(b) A soap box car.
(c) A model car.
(d) A tree fort.
8. What does the bumper sticker on the cash register state?
(a) Support safe gun laws.
(b) NRA supporter.
(c) Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
(d) If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
9. What bad news does Sally One-Eye have for Bart?
(a) The fire marshal has been out to his car dealership twice, looking at tapes of the property.
(b) A camera was mounted to the construction site and has Bart on tape setting the fires.
(c) The feds have already questioned him about the fires.
(d) The construction is moving on already.
10. How much money does Bart bring to go Christmas shopping with?
(a) Five hundred (500.00) dollars.
(b) One hundred (100.00) dollars.
(c) One thousand (1000.00) dollars.
(d) Fifty (50.00) dollars.
11. How much money are Bart and Mary short on buying the better television?
(a) Twenty dollars (20.00).
(b) Ten dollars (10.00).
(c) Sixty Dollars (60.00).
(d) Forty dollars (40.00).
12. On his first visit to Magliore's car dealer, what name does Bart call Magliore that gets his attention?
13. Who pulls up to the demolition of the Blue Ribbon Laundry in a brand new 1974 Toyota Corolla?
(b) Tom Granger.
(c) Vinnie Mason.
(d) Ray Tarkington.
14. On the morning of December 10th, where does Bart meet Mary?
(a) Handy Andy's.
(b) Nicky's Diner.
(c) Pete's Place.
(d) Charles Fort.
15. When Bart meets Tom Granger at Nicky's on November 26th, what song is playing on the jukebox?
(a) "Hello Good-bye" byThe Beatles.
(b) "Goodbye My Friend" by Linda Ronstadt.
(c) "Good-bye to You" by Scandal.
(d) "Good-bye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bart, what is the white-collar name for a glorified office boy?
2. Where did Bart's father die of a stroke?
3. What does Bart offer Olivia during the beginning of their conversation?
4. What is the name of the Democratic candidate who speaks out against the "vandalism" of the 784 construction site?
5. What is the only way that Bart sees his son, Charlie?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)